Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep (2933 Views)

If A Governorship Aspirant Dies Before Election Result Is Declare . / Aminu Kani, Jigawa PDP Gov Aspirant Defects To APC / This Is What I Call Africa Magic: PDP Governorship Aspirant Dies In His Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by holyboss: 2:15am On Nov 14, 2014
Few weeks to governship primaries, one of the leading aspirants for the race in Plateau State, Senator Cosmos Niangwan, has died.

He died in his sleep in the early hour of Thursday, at the age of 75.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the senator, who had indicated his interest to run for the race from the southern part of Plateau State, was a member of the Senate in the fifth Assembly and had travelled from Jos to Lagos at the weekend for some business transactions and retired to his residence in Lagos on Wednesday, only to be found dead on Thursday morning.

The late senator was one of the advocates of zoning of governorship seat to the southern part of Plateau before his death.

His former legislative aide, Mr Gabriel Nkup, who confirmed his death, said that Niagwan died in his house in Lagos on Wednesday night. He did not however specify the time.

He said, “I spoke with his wife and she said that he did not show any sign of sickness, but went to bed and failed to wake up.”

He added, “I spoke with him last Friday and he told me he was in house in Jos and I told him I would coming to see him before he travelled to Lagos.

Niagwan, a marine captain, liquidated the former Nigerian National Shipping Line, and was former chairman of the Nigerian Maritime Academy, Oron in Cross River state.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/21451-plateau-gov-aspirant-dies-in-his-sleep
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by jigga40(m): 2:43am On Nov 14, 2014
R I P sir
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by kilokeys(m): 2:50am On Nov 14, 2014
ehn.. this is serious.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 14, 2014
My granny's age mate and he believed that his body will carry campaign stress.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Ikengawo: 5:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Buhari is 73.....

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by darne(m): 5:12am On Nov 14, 2014
RIP mehn cry
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 14, 2014
RIP. Hope you find peace in the great beyond.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Burger01(m): 5:36am On Nov 14, 2014
Ikengawo:
Buhari is 73.....
So?. He could've died in his sleep, right?
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by goodygirl1(f): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2014
Governorship aspirant at 75!!! When will the leaders of tomorrow get the chance to become leaders.....naija, I doff my hat for u ooo

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2014
The witches and wizards of APC have done their worst
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 14, 2014
Are there no young politicians in plateau state? Why do they keep churning out expired and old people to govern the state?? God pass them shaa!

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Ikengawo: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2014
Burger01:

So?. He could've died in his sleep, right?
buhari is in a dangerous zone agewise and instead of thinking about his life he's contesting with Jonathan who could be his son as if there's nobody else in Nigeria worthy of his birthright presidency

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by psyqs(m): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2014
cry
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by gift01: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2014
RIP to the dead but what's it with Plateau state and old governors? The current one is 70. Where are their middle aged men.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by PrinceAkbabio(m): 7:12am On Nov 14, 2014
He ws nt fully armoured 4d race, polithief is nt a game in naiga bt a fight. RIP sir
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by disloman(m): 7:14am On Nov 14, 2014
75yrs old?Not surprised
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by bitterpenis(m): 7:16am On Nov 14, 2014
RIP to him
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Trendy247: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Ikengawo:
Buhari is 73.....
Hmmm.. 2 YEARS REMAINING

1 Like

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by aryzgreat: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
Buhari agemates are dieing, he is busy trying to rule his great grand children.

God forbid!
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 14, 2014
Ikengawo:
buhari is in a dangerous zone agewise and instead of thinking about his life he's contesting with Jonathan who could be his son as if there's nobody else in Nigeria worthy of his birthright presidency
you're not God to wish another man death. Pray to him to keep you long enough to reach Buhari's age.

RIP to the deceased.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by donphilopus: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2014
RIP... BTW, what political party was he?! Cus I wouldn't believe that PDP actually accepted a 75yr-old man to even purchase their Gubernatorial form.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by kokoA(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm.. His wife said Baba didn't "do" anything over the night, he just slept and refused to wake up.. Hmm.. Okay continu.. RIP to the dead.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by AustineE1: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2014
himkers:
Are there no young politicians in plateau state? Why do they keep churning out expired and old people to govern the state?? God pass that shaa!

RIP to the dead.
never mind,there is a shift in age going on in plateau state this time around...the anointed candidate is senator Kwajok,a berom man in his late 40's or early 50's.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by donmalcolm21(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2014
At 75 I will be in going to every SafAri in the world to enjoy nature not thinking of earning more money.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by AustineE1: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2014
himkers:
Are there no young politicians in plateau state? Why do they keep churning out expired and old people to govern the state?? God pass that shaa!

RIP to the dead.
never mind,there is a shift in age going on in plateau state this time around...the anointed candidate is senator Kwajok,a berom man in his late 40's or early 50's....RIP to the late Senator!!!
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Lifebender(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2014
shocked shocked All this pe:ople saying rest in peace self,what is he ding already,Slumbering.Making death sound like the worst thing to mankind
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Trailblazer1(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Let him continue his gubernatorial aspiration over there. Perhaps he can be elected to govern the great beyond. Goodluck to him.

RIP sha

1 Like

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2014
'who the gods want to kill they first make deaf'
@ 75 he should be relaxing at the pool side of his house, sipping a glass of wine while watching his grand children play around him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2014
hehehe remote control things...the real africamagic
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by jamace(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2014
75 years old!. Hmm. Surely he needed rest.

He liquidated the former Nigerian National Shipping Line. Hmm. Vanity upon vanity all is vanity.
Re: Plateau Gov Aspirant Dies In His Sleep by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 14, 2014
Go answer for ur sins homie...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Is Doing It In The South East / PDP Using Religious Propaganda Against Buhari Live In Kano / HBD To Rt Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (gburugburu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.