Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff (913 Views)

Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Sometimes, I wonder if things could really change for good in this country. Though I am a strong believer of change but I guess this country with her inept and corrupt leaders leaves us with no hope in view.

Straight to the point. It is quite disheartening and disappointing that newly recruited NYSC staff recruited last year December hasn't been paid their salaries. Just imagine what we go through fending for ourselves for close to a year. This is wicked and selfish on the part of the government. How can you withold salaries for long and all they care about is election and looting, stock-piling wealth for their families leaving workers working tirelessly to go through pains. This is outrageous.

Worse still, we were subjected to series of biometrics in september thinking afterwards something would come out. This isn't fair a bit. We go through hell feeding and transporting ourselves to work and some go to the extent of looking for free rides just to go to work . Tell me, how do you expect workers to be productive when you give them hell. Little wonder the military morale is low. Thats just the consequence.

We all know the stress we pass through attending to corpers and worse still, its us, the new unpaid staff that are made to do all the work with no motivation whatsoever.

Dear Mr President, all the promises you made before being elected, most haven't come through. This goes out to the DG as well, do something. It's is your responsibility to ensure the proper welfare of those you are overseeing and not just gallivanting around. PAY OUR SALARIES AND BENEFITS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WE HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PEOPLE THAT LOOK UNTO US.

If anyone doubts me, ask around to confirm. This is sheer wickedness. December 2013 - November 2013 is way to long to bear.
Re: The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2014
Eya....even wen they collected almost a bilion naira from prospectiv youth corp members, dey ddnt even use part of the money to pay u guys..abeg make una protest jooor.... No salary, no work..no work, no 3week camp....looooool....
Re: The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Eya....even wen they collected almost a bilion naira from prospectiv youth corp members, dey ddnt even use part of the money to pay u guys..abeg make una protest jooor.... No salary, no work..no work, no 3week camp....looooool....

I guess protest is the only language our government understands. Disheartening
Re: The Many Ordeals Faced By NYSC Staff by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
deyinkadeji:

I guess protest is the only language our government understands. Disheartening
yes nau..u can see countries like egypt whre the people can outrightly sack the president through protest..even the military.. Our military cant even stand boko haram, isnt it a shame to Nigeria.....i thought our military is the best wen it comes to peace keeping.... The government hav failed in equiping the military with arms..... Not enough ways to ginger their morale by increasing thr salaries and benefits... They just go and die for nothing.. I strongly believe that if the NYSC field staff can march a peaceful protest , things will begin to move..like the saying goes, things move when we move too...

Can Someone Stop Going To Ppa A Month To Pop? / Outcome Of MCAN Meeting With NYSC DG / Information For Rivers State Corp Members