Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please (1261 Views)

Top Quality Boerboel Puppies From Imported Parents For Sale / Solid Imported Boerboel, Chow Chow, Doberman, Labrador, Great Dane For Sale!!! / Imported Boerboel For Sale!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by sirgigs: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

I need a female pedigree boerboel but I am torn between importing it from registered kennels in SA or buying from our 1st Class Breeders here in Nigeria.

Actually I intend breeding her hence will be buying more dogs in due course.

I need advice on the advantages and disadvantages of importing likewise advantages and disadvantages of buying locally.

Thanks Guys as I look forward to reading from you
Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by oluomoadebayo: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
sirgigs:
Hello Guys,

I need a female pedigree boerboel but I am torn between importing it from registered kennels in SA or buying from our 1st Class Breeders here in Nigeria.

Actually I intend breeding her hence will be buying more dogs in due course.

I need advice on the advantages and disadvantages of importing likewise advantages and disadvantages of buying locally.

Thanks Guys as I look forward to reading from you

If you are able to get a pure breed with trusted bloodline here, why not buying it? You will get the same result if you are sure and know what you are doing. I imported my dogs and bred them locally here and still sell the same price as it is in Europe . All you need is to know what you are buying.
Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by Cwaya(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
SEE STUD AND DAM WITH KOROKORO EYE is more better !! cool

NB: Thanks Moderator

1 Like

Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by sirgigs: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

If you are able to get a pure breed with trusted bloodline here, why not buying it? You will get the same result if you are sure and know what you are doing. I imported my dogs and bred them locally here and still sell the same price as it is in Europe . All you need is to know what you are buying.

Thanks a lot for this clarification. However what's it with people and Dogs registration details on the pedigree database.
I know most Dogs locally bred aren't on the database.

So what's your take?
Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by oluomoadebayo: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
sirgigs:

Thanks a lot for this clarification. However what's it with people and Dogs registration details on the pedigree database.
I know most Dogs locally bred aren't on the database.

So what's your take?

I think the famous regulating bodies are FCI and AKC, and they are just to proof the authenticity of the breed and verify the bloodline of a particular dog. My dogs came with FCI papers and no one here seems to be interested in registration but the quality of the pup. The paper is for long distance thing to assure the genuity of the dog. We don't have regularting body in Nigeria.
Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by Seun(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
If the mother is well fed with nutritionally complete food during and after pregnancy, and allowed to nurse her pups properly, and the pups are well fed nutritionally complete food from the moment they are weaned until maturity, then they will turn out exactly the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imported Boerboel Or Locally Bred From Imported Parents; Which Is Better Please by xreal: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Just on point.
@ op. There is no difference in the two you stated. Sometimes ago, I was in the same dilemma which you are.
I finally bought from a good breeder in nigeria.
I have no regrets. Believe me, I was sure of what I was buying. Look around for a good breeder here and buy.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Pebble, Wesley And Shela / Ziggy- My Gsd Rott Pup / Beware Of Third Parties Pets Sellers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.