Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 (3127 Views)

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player / Install Windows Media Player Without Validation / Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by mygee33(m): 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2008
I really need help on how to tackle this wahala.
I have tried severally to install windows Media player of a higher version but it keeps closing, with an error message that "its not a genuine windows software." i tried same in another system and it worked.
I tried rolling back and there still is error here and there. What do i do? I am presently using Media player 10 or 9.
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by uspry1(f): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2008
You should make aware the fact that ALL UPDATED MICROSOFT WINDOWS operating system (OS) has its own authentic verification checking on their computer system whether their OS is pirate or genuine before allowing to accept Microsoft-based/Windows products (software) installation phrase after completed downloading the products (software).

Is your OS pirate or genuine? If your OS is pirate, then you get prompted error not accepting to install the latest Windows Media player 11.

I suggest you to use download sites such as filehippo.com or download.com instead of Windows site(www.microsoft.com) to obtain the older Windows Media player 9 or 11.
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by inze(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2008
@poster,

You've got Mail !!!
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by UNLEASHED(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2008
contact grantpauli@yahoo.com, you'll get a kinda trick.
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by hayprof(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2008
@gee, u installed a Otigba WinXP version! FAKE! cry
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by ade4cool27(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
did u want to no about error installing wmp 11 contact me on my maill add tsqure4realove@yahoo.com or call me on 08067940171
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by DoubleN(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2008
U are definitely using a Pirated copy of Windows!
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by Infoseye(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
It does not matter if you using a pirated Xp or not , currently Am using a pirated Xp version and player 11 works fine.Actually I downloaded a crack for it which included a registry key that would be added to your system registry, This will enable you to install player 11 here are some screen shot below

Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by DoubleN(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2008
@Infoseye
It does not matter if you using a pirated Xp or not , currently Am using a pirated Xp version and player 11 works fine.Actually I downloaded a crack for it which included a registry key that would be added to your system registry, This will enable you to install player 11
Give him the link to the stuff if you have it,.
Re: Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 by UNLEASHED(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2008
Though I don't have problem installing Window Media 11 but try this

Download the Windows Media Player 11 setup file and save it
Run the setup file, the first thing you will see if a validation checker. Just leave this up and don't go any further.
  From your start menu, click run, in the run dialog box, type "%temp%" without the quote, this will open your temporary directory. You will see  "IXP000.TMP" folder in the temp directory, run the following in the listed order:

wmfdist11.exe
     wmdbexport.exe

Restart your system after the above has ben installed, once restarted, run the Windows Media Player 11 setup file again as the temporary file has been deleted. go back to the "IXP000.TMP" folder and run the wmp11.exe file and restart again.
After the restart, you have successfully installed WM11 without OS validation.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Apply For Visa Lottery / Can I Use My Mobile Internet Data Bundle On My Laptop? / Help On "Non-system Disk Or Disk Error Replace And Strike Any Key When Ready"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.