Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,804 members, 7,831,621 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions - Education (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions (224997 Views)

Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka Thread / Unijos Direct Entry 2015/2016 Admissions / Delta State University Abraka Admission 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
benjosh:
Am using two sittings,business administration, one is Neco June/July and the 2nd one is Neco Nov/Dec both same year 2012 .....
You're gooD to go
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Cutemichelle(f): 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Yea.. Second batch tab has not been created.. You'll see somfin lyk "UTME 2ND BATCH".. So just wait. Hopefully, itz gona be available this week or early next week.
ALKARULEZZ:
I'm sure of WAEC and WAEC-GCE, NECO and NECO-GCE
Not too sure of WAEC and NECO-GCE.. cos they are different bodies. In fact, most departments in DELSU accept just one sitting.
But u can try your luck. It all depends on the screening officer. Btw, which of the departments do u want to screen to with that combination?

Tnx Delsu's site is on my speed-dial

Mass comm, if I won't work I'll use my neco result, didn't want to use it coz d original cert take forever to come out and I got d7 in math in my waec but it seems credit is compulsory for every course now.. *sighs*
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Cutemichelle(f): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Morkavictor:
yez,i hv a frnd dat used waec and neco gce combination 4 screening.he is in 200l nw.

Tnx.. Wat course, pls
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
Cutemichelle:

Tnx Delsu's site is on my speed-dial

Mass comm, if I won't work I'll use my neco result, didn't want to use it coz d original cert take forever to come out and I got d7 in math in my waec but it seems credit is compulsory for every course now.. *sighs*
Mass Comm dept accepts 2 sittings.. and yea, a credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory for all courses
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Morkavictor: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Cutemichelle:
Tnx.. Wat course, pls
computer science education.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Cutemichelle(f): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Mass Comm dept accepts 2 sittings.. and yea, a credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory for all courses

Tnx for d info

Morkavictor:
computer science education.
Tnx, I'll keep that in mind.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nomzylicious(f): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2015
Join me in Thanking God I have been admitted in Uniben thru Jamb to study Economics and statistics education. Am still waiting for delsu's Direct entry list sha for Economics Education

2 Likes

Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2015
Nomzylicious:
Join me in Thanking God I have been admitted in Uniben thru Jamb to study Economics and statistics education. Am still waiting for delsu's Direct entry list sha for Economics Education
Congratulations!!!! cheesy
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Whills: 8:50am On Oct 16, 2015
guys check this out. If this does not work pls dont just stay at home 4 another 1year enrol for ijmb and enter 200levcl directly without jamb. Call 08116467122 for more info

Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by profkmft777(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2015
Delsu Acceptance fee payment expires today. Is it true?
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nomzylicious(f): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Congratulations!!!! cheesy
thanks boss
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Morkavictor: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2015
profkmft777:
Delsu Acceptance fee payment expires today. Is it true?
no

1 Like

Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2015
mahnnyq:

Come to Abraka, go to any cafe and login into your portal at delsuonline.com. Your login details is your jamb utme number as your username, your password is the combination of your surname and your date of birth, in capital letters ie if your surname is Okoro and you were born on the 5th of March 1998, your password is OKORO05031998 (there's a difference between O and 0).
Next upload your SSCE/NECO/GCE details (the result page is the first thing you see if you successfully login), next complete your next of kin and sponsor details. Once this is done, you can now generate a VIRTUAL PIN to pay to acceptance fee. Under the applicant tab, you should see pay acceptance fee option, open it and click generate pin on the new page that opens. A .pdf file containing your name and VIRTUAL PIN would be downloaded. Print this and take it to the bank with your 21k. Take a deposit slip, ask around for the school's account number for DELSU SCHOOL FEES (it should differ with banks). I suggest you just ask around so you don't make mistakes. When the pay in the money, the pin would be validated from the bank.
Once the pin is validated, go back to your portal on the school website to confirm the validated pin. Login, you should see acceptance fee as a tab on it's own, click it, type your pin into the box an validate it. Print the page showing “Acceptance Fee:Paid”
NB:
1. this is just a low down of the procedure, it doesn't really show step by step procedures.
2. Make sure your pin is validated before you leave the bank. I suggest you use Ecobank.
3. IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT DO THIS YOURSELF, GO TO A CAFE AND PAY FOR IT TO BE DONE FOR YOU.
4. DO NOT GENERATE A VIRTUAL PIN OUTSIDE SCHOOL VICINITY AS THE PINS EXPIRE..
5. Payment at the bank is not the end, login back into your portal to confirm your validated pins.
6. Errors would cost you money to rectify at the ICT center if not TIME that you don't have. So avoid making errors. Cross check before you confirm.
Zenith bank accepts too and can be done any of their branches nationwide. Only zenith bank does that at the moment.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2015
Morkavictor:
Delsu Pre degree now offer all degree courses except medicine,law and engineering.you can apply for any discipline you want from faculty of education,faculty of science,BMS,faculty of social science,pharmacy,faculty of art,faculty of agriculture.
That is not totally correct as faculty of social science has Geography and Regional Planning
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2015
Morkavictor:
i think you should buy pre degree form,anyone trying to help just want to scam you.
Yea that is true. Please pass the information round that scammers are everywhere looking for prey to catch. Like he advised, pre degree is a better option. Once admitted, mention you attend classes regularly and do whatever practical or assignment given as questions comes from there. Make friends with those that are intelligent as it will go along way to help. As for that score, my advise is that you forget nursing except you are close to vc.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by briannahames(f): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
I'm using my waec gce result 2013 for screening, so I bought a scratch card and printed my result from the cafe. Am I good to go?
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Morkavictor: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
asuustrike2009:

That is not totally correct as faculty of social science has Geography and Regional Planning
wat ur point.
briannahames:
I'm using my waec gce result 2013 for screening, so I bought a scratch card and printed my result from the cafe. Am I good to go?
yez,u can screen with dat.
asuustrike2009:

wat ur point.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Morkavictor:
wat ur point.yez,u can screen with dat.wat ur point.
My point is that Geography and Regional planning is the course from faculty of social science being offered in predegree program. The program favours more of science courses than others
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by briannahames(f): 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
My birth certificate is in french because of where I was born. Am I good to go?
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
briannahames:
My birth certificate is in french because of where I was born. Am I good to go?

Lol.. Where were you born? Togo? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by ozi16: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Can i buy a scratch card to print waec ssce result for screening?can i switch for faculty of science to faculty of medical sciences at 200l
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by whizidude(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2015
Morkavictor:
Delsu Pre degree now offer all degree courses except medicine,law and engineering.you can apply for any discipline you want from faculty of education,faculty of science,BMS,faculty of social science,pharmacy,faculty of art,faculty of agriculture.
Wow you mean they now offer economics too pls where can one buy the form
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Morkavictor: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2015
whizidude:

Wow you mean they now offer economics too pls where can one buy the form
yez,the form is 21k.travel down to abraka and go 2 a cyber cafe to generate pin for pre degree form and proceed to the bank to make d payment.
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by briannahames(f): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Lol.. Where were you born? Togo? cheesy

Nope cote d'ivoire. So what am I going to do?
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Gr8amechi: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

Conventionally, Diploma programmes span for two years.. If/when he graduates, he's gona obtain D.E form the following year and sit for Post-DE exam in order to be offered admission. The probability of him gaining admission through D.E is very low cos DELSU traditionally admits 10 Direct entry students into each department coupled with the fact that there'll be a myriad of candidates who'z gona score way above the cut-off.

If the person in question does not pass all the courses he's gona offer within the stipulated period of time (2 years), he will come back for an extension of at least a year till he passes all his courses..

The above reasons and more should discourage him to opt for Diploma..

Pre-degree on the other hand spans for 8 months. PD students stand a better chance of gaining admission due to the fact that they'll be given two baskets to house their eggs (Pre-Degree and UTME). If one doesn't work out, the other should, except of course his education is not one of his top priorities.

I reckon you know more about Pre-Degree/Pre-Science programme..
Diploma has be reviewed, its not longer the way exactly as you said it,
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2015
briannahames:

Nope cote d'ivoire. So what am I going to do?
In this case, an affidavit will suffice..
* Just go to any law court to swear one.. * Attach the affidavit to your original birth certificate
Note: The affidavit should be written in English (UK)
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2015
Gr8amechi:
Diploma has be reviewed, its not longer the way exactly as you said it,
I've seen it. Still, no difference

Same 2 years
Same extension
Same Direct entry exams etc

No difference..
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2015
ozi16:
Can i buy a scratch card to print waec ssce result for screening?can i switch for faculty of science to faculty of medical sciences at 200l
SSCE year?
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Gr8amechi: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2015
briannahames:
you need you waec certificate, go get it
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by Rukkydelta(f): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Nomzylicious:

congratulations
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by briannahames(f): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

In this case, an affidavit will suffice..

* Just go to any law court to swear one..
* Attach the affidavit to your original birth certificate

Note: The affidavit should be written in English (UK)

Okay thank you
Re: Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions by briannahames(f): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2015
Gr8amechi:
you need you waec certificate, go get it

I already have my waec certificate may/june but unfortunately I'm using my waec nov/dec which the certificate can't be easily obtained as it is a private exam. I asked and I was told I was free to use the printed one so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (70) (Reply)

Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission(official Page) / Breaking News! ASUU Suspends Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.