Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Developer Evangelist .net Required - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Developer Evangelist .net Required (1073 Views)

Developer Platform Evangelist Wanted by Quorom International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developer Evangelist .net Required by ThomasM1: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2006
Dear all,

I am working on behalf of Microsoft EMEA and for their office in Lagos, we are currently looking for a Developer Evangelist .Net.

Please find a short job description below.

"The Developer Evangelist (DE) is a technical role with the mission of influencing technology decision makers in customers accounts, at partners, and in academia, as well as engaging with the broad community of developers (including independent software developers and academics) and students in the Sales Location, and driving excitement around developer-related technologies which include .Net Framework, Visual Studio, Windows Server, Office, and Vista.
The engagements can happen through 1:1 meetings, one-on-few round tables, one-on-many events, online communities, user groups, blogs, webcasts, developer community engagements, projects, and so on, with the goal of driving development platform adoption and developer satisfaction and image."

If you feel you might be interested in this oppotunity can you please return me a copy of your CV asap and I can send you more details about the role and we can start from there?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thomas Murcia (tmurcia@quorum.bz)
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by kenshin(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2006
why do I smell a rat?
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by sbucareer(f): 1:15am On Aug 08, 2006

Because he works for Microsoft at Lagos branch and his contact email address is tmurcia@quorum.bz instead of tmurcia@microsoft.com

Although, quorum is an online consultant firm, helping their clients to find innovative and dynamic personal. MS would never outsource their personnel department to third party, even so not to a cheap consultant.
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by kenshin(m): 1:29am On Aug 08, 2006
I thought I was the only one smelling something fishy, Microsoft has a recruiting website why would they outsource their recruitment?
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by Seun(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2006
Thomas, can you tell us why your email address is not at microsoft.com?
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by ThomasM1: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2006
Nice to see the paranoia going on ;-)

An explanation:

Quorum International is outsourcing the recruitment for Microsoft EMEA (as well as Ajilon - and we are not cheap consultants, ) and supporting MS in the search for candidates particularly when the advertising doesn't prove to be sufficient.

I didn't use my MS adress because when we headhunt candidates we prefer using our Quorum email in case they are working for MS partners.

If you are interested in the job I mentionned yesterday you can alternatively write to me at v-thomam@microsoft.com and I will send you the Job Specs.

For info I work from the London office.
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2006
Thomas, thanks for providing an official email address. It feels good to observe how vigilant our people can be.
Re: Developer Evangelist .net Required by ThomasM1: 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2006
It's normal. I heard about what's going on in Nigeria at the moment.

This opportunity is real and if I posted it on your forum, it's because I have difficulties to find good candidates with the normal channels (Monster,, ) and I don't have a huge knowledge of the Nigerian IT market.

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

(1) (Reply)

Re:fcmb Interview Results / Whaz Up Nicon ? / Flour Mills Nigeria Recruiting:hardware Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.