Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) (679 Views)

Eye Witness Of What Happened In Camp Between Oliseh And Enyeama / It`s A Lie, Jonathan Was Not Protected With 2,123 Policemen-Eye Witness Account / Eye Witness Account Of The BRT/Military Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) by clockwise(m): 6:55am On Nov 15, 2014
Wonders they say would never end, the last time voters card registration was done in Nigeria, i registered. But during the last exercise of changing the temporary voters card to permanent voters card, in Ifo ogun state here, all the data were not found, but yet we agreed to re -register in this ongoing voters card registration.
When i got tho the registration point closer to my house in ifo here, Olose primary school, yesterday around 7am, i was surprised at the turn out of people to the registration. But to my greatest dissapointment when it was around 8am, the corpers arrived with thier materials and equipment, i saw people on a line so i also joined the line, but before the commencement of the registration fully a man announced that everybody should move back, as a peace loving Nigerians we obeyed. So the man also announced that those with numbers are the one to line up, i was amazed, so i quickly try to find out what he meant, i went to meet an old man, so he explained that peple have ben there aorund 3am to obtain number, i asked wat the number is meant for nd how sure are they that many wont just write any number to have an edge over others, but he showed me his, he was given number 51 with a signature on it. I asked him what time he got there, he said some minutes to 5. I was surprised and i quickly concluded to go back home and come back as early as 4am today.
When i got there around 4am this morning i was flaggerbasted by the numbers of people i met there at that hour. After much struggle, i was fortunate to be given number 59. My question is that why are people so curious to obtain the voters's card? Did Inec authroised anyone to give numbers to electorates for them to be able to get the voters card?
The straw that broke the camel's back is the lackadaisical attitude of the corpers, they dictate the numbers of people they want to register per day. Someone told me that the corpers were begged yesterday, before they agreed to register 50 people in a unit.
Let this get to front page, let people know that the INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION is not fully prepared for the coming election. This voters card registration is already giving us an hint on how 2015 elections outcome will be. Shaking my head for my dear COUNTRY NIGERIA!!!
Re: Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) by eph12(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2014
Lol.. The numbering is for making sure there's no cheating I think. So its based on first come first serve. As for the attitude being displayed by the corp members, its personal and don't throw sticks at INEC for that. .
Re: Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2014
clockwise:
Wonders they say would never end, the last time voters card registration was done in Nigeria, i registered. But during the last exercise of changing the temporary voters card to permanent voters card, in Ifo ogun state here, all the data were not found, but yet we agreed to re -register in this ongoing voters card registration.
When i got tho the registration point closer to my house in ifo here, Olose primary school, yesterday around 7am, i was surprised at the turn out of people to the registration. But to my greatest dissapointment when it was around 8am, the corpers arrived with thier materials and equipment, i saw people on a line so i also joined the line, but before the commencement of the registration fully a man announced that everybody should move back, as a peace loving Nigerians we obeyed. So the man also announced that those with numbers are the one to line up, i was amazed, so i quickly try to find out what he meant, i went to meet an old man, so he explained that peple have ben there aorund 3am to obtain number, i asked wat the number is meant for nd how sure are they that many wont just write any number to have an edge over others, but he showed me his, he was given number 51 with a signature on it. I asked him what time he got there, he said some minutes to 5. I was surprised and i quickly concluded to go back home and come back as early as 4am today.
When i got there around 4am this morning i was flaggerbasted by the numbers of people i met there at that hour. After much struggle, i was fortunate to be given number 59. My question is that why are people so curious to obtain the voters's card? Did Inec authroised anyone to give numbers to electorates for them to be able to get the voters card?
The straw that broke the camel's back is the lackadaisical attitude of the corpers, they dictate the numbers of people they want to register per day. Someone told me that the corpers were begged yesterday, before they agreed to register 50 people in a unit.
Let this get to front page, let people know that the INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION is not fully prepared for the coming election. This voters card registration is already giving us an hint on how 2015 elections outcome will be. Shaking my head for my dear COUNTRY NIGERIA!!!

and I thought its only middle belt state.

INEC should be privatised. I am ready to buy it and deliver a more accurate result without any hidden agenda.
Re: Voters Card Registration. (eye-witness Account) by Iolo(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2014
@Op

you have points but your analysis is one-sided.

now assume you got there 7am and met 50 people there already but no one ensuring that it's done on 1st come, 1st serve basis.

the actual exercise starts from 8am - 4pm each day and inec has no business with you guys outside those hours as far as how you conduct yourselves is concerned.

the corpers may not be well-versed in the use of the registration systems given to them. as to how many people they can register in a day is totally dependent on how fast and how coordinated they are.

I have successfully been able to register upwards of 100 people a day but know that this is well above the average as not many people type as fast for example.

please be patient and don't assume inec has any sinister moves. your vote is your right.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fresh Fighting Erupts In Lafia, Nasarawa; 1 Feared Killed / Aftermath Of NASS Fracas: Sambo Summons IG / Supreme Court Sacks Acting Governor Of Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.