Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? (2047 Views)

Rooting My Xperia Z / How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by DJurry(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2014
Hello Nairalander.

I recently purchased an Android smart phone similar in appearance to a HTC. It's a white BML One Mini version 4.2.2. Subsequently, I discovered that this phone has a low phone memory which ofcourse poses a problem to me.

I would like to know from you, the steps to "switching" the primary storage from the phone memory to my memory card which has enough space on it already. I believe this process is called "rooting". There are apps I'd love to install, especially WhatsApp, but the phone memory is insufficient.

I will be grateful to you if you can help me achieve this goal with your expertise. If you prefer, you can mail me your thoughts:- djurry18@gmail.com.

Thanks a million!
Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by DJurry(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2014
I have a laptop with me. I learnt it is required to engage in rooting.
Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by chidiezeh(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
have you tried using framaroot?
Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by Sheggy13(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
DJurry:
Hello Nairalander.

I recently purchased an Android smart phone similar in appearance to a HTC. It's a white BML One Mini version 4.2.2. Subsequently, I discovered that this phone has a low phone memory which ofcourse poses a problem to me.

I would like to know from you, the steps to "switching" the primary storage from the phone memory to my memory card which has enough space on it already. I believe this process is called "rooting". There are apps I'd love to install, especially WhatsApp, but the phone memory is insufficient.

I will be grateful to you if you can help me achieve this goal with your expertise. If you prefer, you can mail me your thoughts:- djurry18@gmail.com.

Thanks a million!
Try and download the Root genius app on your phone for rooting or if that doesnt work, u download the PC version of Root genius application (google it). Mind u, it needs Internet connectivity to work. Know that rooting will not automatically increase your internal memory. After rooting u need to download another app the Roehsoft RAM expander which u can get from the link below, just follow the instructions from the site:
http://www.yomiprof.com/2014/08/update-how-to-increase-your-android-ram.html?m=1
Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by DJurry(m): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
Sheggy13:

Try and download the Root genius app on your phone for rooting or if that doesnt work, u download the PC version of Root genius application (google it). Mind u, it needs Internet connectivity to work. Know that rooting will not automatically increase your internal memory. After rooting u need to download another app the Roehsoft RAM expander which u can get from the link below, just follow the instructions from the site:
http://www.yomiprof.com/2014/08/update-how-to-increase-your-android-ram.html?m=1
Thanks for your timely reply brother. Presently, I'm having issues with the Root genius app. It can't read the drivers in my phone.

There are phone categories like Acer, Gionee, Huawei, Sony Xperia etc. Do you know under what category my android, BML One Mini, falls in? Below is a picture of the phone.

Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by Sheggy13(m): 5:11am On Nov 16, 2014
DJurry:

Thanks for your timely reply brother. Presently, I'm having issues with the Root genius app. It can't read the drivers in my phone.

There are phone categories like Acer, Gionee, Huawei, Sony Xperia etc. Do you know under what category my android, BML One Mini, falls in? Below is a picture of the phone.
Your BML one mini is an mtk (Mediatek) phone just like Gionee, tecno, infinix, innjoo and the likes so shouldnt be difficult for u to root and change imei;though apps may not work for u, giving u the only option of rooting via a PC and a PC rooting application. Sony Xperia and Samsung galaxy are majorly Qualcomm devices. I want to believe you haven't manually installed the mtk drivers on your computer. Follow the steps I'm gonna outline below first and try rooting again using any of these PC rooting applications : Root genius, Kingo Root, KingRoot, Vroot and Eroot. Cheers.
This guide will explain an easy method of installing
Mediatek / MTK drivers for your phone on a PC.
Requirements
* PC
* USB cord
* A Working phone who's drivers you wish to install
* Download PdaNet on your computer (U can google to
download PdaNet for PC, not android that is PdaNet.exe)
Procedure
* Enable USB Debugging on the working MTK phone
(Settings > Developer options > Tick USB debugging)
* Connect the working phone to PC with USB debugging
enabled
* Install PdaNet on the PC
* When prompted to select phone type, choose "Other"
* At the end of PdaNet installation, you should get a
"Drivers
successfully installed" message.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take Me Through The Steps To Rooting My Android Phone? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
androidnigeria.com.ng/kingroot-apk-app-one-key-root-app/

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Y6. The Hottest One / Photo: See What MTN Sent On SIM REG / Thinking Of Buying Of Mtn Data But Without Enough Cash? Come In Quick!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.