Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,036 members, 7,852,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? (32775 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by balladin: 6:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Emblj:
I wonder why people are being myopic in this issue. We have failed to realisethat none of our players is a super star the best SE's player @ present is Enyeama. The players have scores within themselves which comes to bare even on the pitch. How mu h can a coach do in this situation. It took Westerhoff 5 yrs to build d best team we ever had; USA '94.
Lets allow him prove himself, respect his decisions and make meaningful contribution via constructive critisism .

Would anybody say LVG is technically deficient cos of Man U's unimpressive runs @ d moment?
My problem with Keshi is not that he has beel losing matches. The problem is that he asks the players to keep sending long balls when he doesn't have a Fabregas in the team. Look at the build up to the penalty, the eagles momentarily adopted a tip tap approach and tore open the congo defence. That's what we want to see. None of the long balls yielded anything. Yet the coach won't learn.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Greenlandncom(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2014
Keshi is the best for now!

Here is a FREE site that shows you how to be a position to earn up to $100 daily without any investment to make.
http://www.100dollarstoday..com
Good luck!
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by stigman(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2014
balladin:

For how long will he build? He has been building since 2012. Managed to put together a team that won the afcon, instead of the team getting stronger from there it was getting weaker. Because Keshi continued to build by introducing average players for better ones. Except for Aaron Samuel though. He should know the core of his team by now.

Give us starting xi u think that can do the job and how u can achive that since ur opponents are dead trees that came to give away three points,

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by kebeboy: 7:42am On Nov 16, 2014
let us pardon him and give him another chance.Nigeria's way of making g glory.we make edge when we almost loose hope.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Kog45(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
vokalguy:

He is speaking the truth! Football is not about fielding 11 players and tell them to do whatever they want. Stop watching football from that perspective. If you put Messi in CDM, will he be effective? No! Thats what you call tactics. Properly using the players at your disposal
So he is just fielding player without any instructions and pls tell me which player keshi played out of position against congo bcs i dont understand your analogy'putting messi on CDM,will he be effective.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by vokalguy(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2014
Kog45:
So he is just fielding player without any instructions and pls tell me which player keshi played out of position against congo bcs i dont understand your analogy'putting messi on CDM,will he be effective.

My reference is not even based on the match against Congo... but for starters Efe Ambrose is a liability at Right back, you do not need a UEFA license to know that. And yea I am sure our Nigerian league can get us a competent RB. Giving Mikel the CAM position too is hurting us, he is also a liability there, matter of fact he is a liability anywhere in the opponents half. Correct me if I am wrong, he played Emenike wide recently, strong bulky striker should be up front, not drifting wide. Why is he drifting wide? Maybe because he is not getting good supply of the ball, and there comes the need for a natural number 10.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by jieta: 8:43am On Nov 16, 2014
vokalguy:
Nigerians are so funny, as soon as you beat a mediocre team you think all is well?! Keshi DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT tactics. Nothing changed today. Honestly NOTHING changed at all... how many shots on goal did we have? How often did we break them down? Lets keep it real with ourselves, we were poor! We have been poor literally all year so why are we getting excited because we finally won a game by a 2 goal margin? Don't you think it is a shame the African Champions have to always leave it late? Some teams have already qualified with GAMES to spare... common guys wake up and smell the coffee, your big boss is not good enough. Its not rocket science!
why dont you apply for the super eagles job, since you know all this abt football
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2014
vokalguy:

How old were you when Westerhof was coach?! He achieved that by playing good football, not huff and puff, hoping Musa does something spectacular. He had a solid TEAM! We do not have that anymore.

And can you compare the quality of footballing talents available to westerhof, to that currently available to Keshi?

Dude, the biggest and most talented player in our current national team is Mikel Obi, and he is a bench warmer at Chelsea.

We simply don't have the talents to play the kind of eye catching football you lots want,and still win. Keshi was given sour grapes and he is making a lemonde out of it. In relation to the talents available to him, Keshi has simply over achieved.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Kog45(m): 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
vokalguy:

My reference is not even based on the match against Congo... but for starters Efe Ambrose is a liability at Right back, you do not need a UEFA license to know that. And yea I am sure our Nigerian league can get us a competent RB. Giving Mikel the CAM position too is hurting us, he is also a liability there, matter of fact he is a liability anywhere in the opponents half. Correct me if I am wrong, he played Emenike wide recently, strong bulky striker should be up front, not drifting wide. Why is he drifting wide? Maybe because he is not getting good supply of the ball, and there comes the need for a natural number 10.
It is just too easy to pick up a pen and giving analytical view on how everything should be but when it comes to practical,you will found it how difficult it is to manage a team.I quite agreed with you on Ambrose,which i see as a liability of recent.Did you realised that efe was not even on the bench against sudan,onazi was redeployed to that position.But late injury to Raheem Lawal force Keshi to use Ambrose against Congo.The samething apply to Echiejele who is now on the bench for defensive minded Oshaniwa.On Mikel issue,a good midfield formation will see mikel thrive as a CAM bcs of late Onazi has been lacking as good DM.This is what prompted Keshi to use Raheem Lawal against Sudan and move Onazi to the RB.If we can find a player in the mould of Okocha may be we can move Mikel from CAM but for now i dont see any bcs he is the only one that has the vision,others are just fighter.On Emenike,even fernerbache use Emma has a wide striker bcs he has the energy to thwart any defence and with presence of Ik Uche,i dont see him as arrow head.The basic truth is Emenike should try and rediscovered his form bcs Aron was used as a wide striker and his delivering.Honestly i respect your analytical view of thing,not those who come here to talk thrash.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Goke7: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
pazienza:

And can you compare the quality of footballing talents available to westerhof, to that currently available to Keshi?

Dude, the biggest and most talented player in our current national team is Mikel Obi, and he is a bench warmer at Chelsea.

We simply don't have the talents to play the kind of eye catching football you lots want,and still win. Keshi was given sour grapes and he is making a lemonde out of it. In relation to the talents available to him, Keshi has simply over achieved.

excellent analysis bro, don't mind ignorant peeps here

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by deb(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2014
PAlabasta:
Why are Nigerians so Judgemental? GEJ clueless? How do u govern a country that has such crisis? And the funders are people in power with u or so called Founding Fathers and elder state men. Bro if u enter power cluelessness would be and understatement to use for u.

This one don mahd o! If you don't share my opinion you are free to commit suicide 'cause I aint changing my stand for you.

Now back to sports that this thread is meant for. I still hear that Keshi share similarities with GEJ on cluessness. What are we to believe now? grin

We will know after the match on Wednesday evening.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by enlady(f): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2014
pazienza:
I don't see NFF getting us a Guardiola or Ancelotti kind of coach, the best they would do as always would be to get us an anonymous white coach that would only move our football backward.

Keshi methods might not be eye catching most times, but he always gets the job done, that is something we should hold unto. Keshi is the best we have for now, lets not get too delusional, Nigeria doesn't have as much footballing talents,right now,like she did in the past, but Keshi had squeezed out every drop of win from a relatively less talented bunch of players.
Excellent and balanced view. I prefer Kesh to mediocre foreign coaches in the likes of Lagerback, Berti Vogts

1 Like

Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Nellybii: 8:56am On Nov 17, 2014
Our hope for better football in the Super Eagles is the Iheanacho, Alampasu, Nwakali, Success etc group.
I pray they are not already in their peak. hmmmmmm. hopefully they are using something close to their true ages.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by vokalguy(m): 9:55am On Nov 17, 2014
Kog45:
It is just too easy to pick up a pen and giving analytical view on how everything should be but when it comes to practical,you will found it how difficult it is to manage a team.I quite agreed with you on Ambrose,which i see as a liability of recent.Did you realised that efe was not even on the bench against sudan,onazi was redeployed to that position.But late injury to Raheem Lawal force Keshi to use Ambrose against Congo.The samething apply to Echiejele who is now on the bench for defensive minded Oshaniwa.On Mikel issue,a good midfield formation will see mikel thrive as a CAM bcs of late Onazi has been lacking as good DM.This is what prompted Keshi to use Raheem Lawal against Sudan and move Onazi to the RB.If we can find a player in the mould of Okocha may be we can move Mikel from CAM but for now i dont see any bcs he is the only one that has the vision,others are just fighter.On Emenike,even fernerbache use Emma has a wide striker bcs he has the energy to thwart any defence and with presence of Ik Uche,i dont see him as arrow head.The basic truth is Emenike should try and rediscovered his form bcs Aron was used as a wide striker and his delivering.Honestly i respect your analytical view of thing,not those who come here to talk thrash.

Bro I also respect your analytical view regarding this Keshi Issue. Now let me address a few points you made. It hurts me, as in deeply saddens me to know that as the most populous nation in Africa, we can't find a suitable number 10 who is attack minded, good passer, and goal scorer. Mikel was converted in 2006 and bro since them, he has not been the same again. He had a chance to score on Saturday, unfortunately it was a case of 'wrong man a the right place' Honestly I do not blame him, after all practice makes perfection, he plays more for his club than country, he is brought in to prevent the opposition from scoring a goal, so pretty much him in the box is like 'foreign territory' I love his passing, but he is accustomed to side-way/back-pass. His shooting is nothing to write home about, so pretty much he is the wrong guy for the #10 role.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by vokalguy(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2014
pazienza:

Bro, we do.... we have raw talents that can be molded. Keshi is the coach, I am curious to know what he does during the period the super eagles are not playing any games. Don't you think that is when he should be watching the Nigerian Premier League (afterall he believes in the home based players). He should have stats of the players compiled (best attacker, defender, midfielder) Common men, its 2014, gathering stats is not complicated, it will help make his job easier. We might not be able to get the next okocha but we sure can get someone close to being Okocha. And I believe with the right personnel, we can play the eye catching football. It hurts to see my team struggle, this is my country we talking about, not even a club team.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Kog45(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2014
vokalguy:

Bro I also respect your analytical view regarding this Keshi Issue. Now let me address a few points you made. It hurts me, as in deeply saddens me to know that as the most populous nation in Africa, we can't find a suitable number 10 who is attack minded, good passer, and goal scorer. Mikel was converted in 2006 and bro since them, he has not been the same again. He had a chance to score on Saturday, unfortunately it was a case of 'wrong man a the right place' Honestly I do not blame him, after all practice makes perfection, he plays more for his club than country, he is brought in to prevent the oppositio from scoring a goal, so pretty much him in the box is like 'foreign territory' I love his passing, but he is accustomed to side-way/back-pass. His shooting is nothing to write home about, so pretty much he is the wrong guy for the #10 role.
I believe Iheanacho is coming up to take that position from Mikel.Whether sideway or backpass,Mikel still remain Nigeria No 10 for now.Did you realised that Okocha was magnificent in Eagles colour bcs we have players like Oliseh,Amokachi,Finidi,Siasia,Kanu,Yekini,Amuneke etc.I can bet it with you, Okocha cannot thrive in this present Super Eagle.Did you remember that Okocha sparkling form in Eagles diminished when the likes of Oliseh,Amokachi,Finidi and co left eagle and this contributed to our failure in 2006 w/c qualifications bcs JayJay and Kanu cannot carry the team of bunch of average players.The something happened during 2002 w/c were we are able to get a point,despite the presence of Ike,Taribo,Kanu and Okocha.This are the reason i will always support the present eagles,despite being average or lack of No 10 as you put it,they have achieved what the so call superstars like Kanu,Taribo,Tijani,celestine,Oruma didnt achieved by winning the Afcon.And mind you population doesn't give you talent but grassroot plan discover the talents.If i may ask you what is the population of World champion Germany compare to Nigeria,pls population doesn't do it.
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Goke7: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
vokalguy:

Bro, we do.... we have raw talents that can be molded. Keshi is the coach, I am curious to know what he does during the period the super eagles are not playing any games. Don't you think that is when he should be watching the Nigerian Premier League (afterall he believes in the home based players). He should have stats of the players compiled (best attacker, defender, midfielder) Common men, its 2014, gathering stats is not complicated, it will help make his job easier. We might not be able to get the next okocha but we sure can get someone close to being Okocha. And I believe with the right personnel, we can play the eye catching football. It hurts to see my team struggle, this is my country we talking about, not even a club team.

The truth is Keshi is ready to give more opportunities to the home based players but will Nigerians and the Nff allow him?
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by Isiterere(m): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Kog45:
pls if you dont know football,you keep quiet.
Mr know-football, how far?
Will you be going to Equatorial-Guinea to support your boys?

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo? by dammytosh: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2014
Kog45:
pls stop talking thrash.Keshi remained the only African that has managed three different countries namely Togo,Mali and presently Nigeria.

Same way arsene wenger coached the invincibles.

Leave history class and face the reality kid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFCON: South Africans Threaten Nwabali - Don't Come Back / South Africa's World Cup Clash Halted By Swarm Of Bees, Fans React (Photos) / The Saudi-Led Takeover Of Newcastle Has Been Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.