Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? (527 Views)

Fell@tio and cunnil!ngu.s-a Taboo In African Marriages. Where Do We Start? / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? by leonard509(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
I no wan talk much abeg, all i get is more negative remarks from my dad. No matter how hard i try, he neva appreciates. He insults my future generations wen i make mistakes. At a point i felt like commiting suicide. Asin if not for GOD`s intervention, i would hv been long gone.
Re: Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? by Ambrogio(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
Nwannem make i just a booku space

1 Like

Re: Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? by hahn(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
leonard509:
I no wan talk much abeg, all i get is more negative remarks from my dad. No matter how hard i try, he neva appreciates. He insults my future generations wen i make mistakes. At a point i felt like commiting suicide. Asin if not for GOD`s intervention, i would hv been long gone.

There are different types of people in this world. It just so happens that your dad is the kind of person that you've described him as.

Solution: Stop bothering yourself with trying to please him since he's obviously not going to appreciate it. Set high standards for yourself, work hard to reach them and always surround yourself with like minds and people who appreciate your talents and effort.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? by Kimmo(f): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
leonard509:

It's easy to judge your dad from this post, but I often maintain that there's no smoke without fire.
Are you a son to be proud of? No offense, just trying to see things from both sides.
What do you do that irritates him so often? Have you honestly tried to correct these faults?
I do understand how it feels to have a father who criticises your every move, but you have to be strong, and do the right things, make something of yourself and the praise will come from him without your prompting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Taboo For Dads To Appreciate The Efforts Of Their Kids?? by eleojo23: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Op, the poster above me has made valid points. Another thing you should know is that you shouldn't do things just to be appreciated. I know appreciation from parents and loved ones mean a lot but if that's not the case with you, it shouldn't be a source of discouragement. The most important thing is that you are doing the right thing and you have a goal you are working towards. If people are there to show appreciation and encouragement, fine but if not, you encourage yourself and keep up your pursuit. It is your life anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gay Or Married / P&G Takes New Pampers Baby-dry To Customers In Market Storm / gggg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.