Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match (1938 Views)

Amaechi Engages In Shouting Match Outside Saraki's Home / Olusola Adeyeye Emerges Senate Chief-Whip / Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by aboy247: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Senators and the Chief of Army Staff, Major-General Kenneth Minimah, yesterday engaged in a shouting match following the refusal of the army chief to respond to questions in the presence of newsmen. The Senate Committee on Defence had invited the Chief of Army Staff and other service chiefs to a briefing on the security situation in the insurgency affected areas. Trouble started following a request by chairman of the committee, George Thompson Sekibo, that the army chief should make some remarks. Major-General Minimah, however, insisted that he would not discuss military’s operational strategies in front of the media. The meeting almost ended in a shouting match, as senators demanded that he should make some comments, but the army chief insisted that he would not discuss military operational matters before the press.

Sekibo told newsmen “As a committee, we have come to find out or have an opinion that the Nigeria Army is doing well.
Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1358-insurgency-senate-chief-of-army-saff-in-shouting-match
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by ichidodo: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!..
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Greatihex(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Dis senators wan turn to boko sympathizers.

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by sulmeza(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thumbs up 4 d coas dia...d senate didnt act in a professional way...dey wana dispel military's classified info to d whole world?....d press is nt needed in a briefing of such

7 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by samuelkaykay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
Amaechi's agent.pls don't quote me!

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by jamace(m): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Those senators should remember that they lobbied for their brothers, children, in laws e.t.c to be recruited into the military just for unemployment sake. Also I learnt the senators insist their bothers, sisters and their kith and kins be promoted in the armed forces. In addition, soldiers and officers who dread boko haram ran to the senators to get preferential postings to other locations not associated with boko haram. The senators cannot exonerate themselves from the rot in the military. I believe the COAS wanted to expose the negative influence the senators have on the military amongst other issues.

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
U see d military hasn't be able to match BH yet he should start telling u all their strategies just to show that u are working

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by onatisi(m): 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
aboy247:
Senators and the Chief of Army Staff, Major-General Kenneth Minimah, yesterday engaged in a shouting match following the refusal of the army chief to respond to questions in the presence of newsmen. The Senate Committee on Defence had invited the Chief of Army Staff and other service chiefs to a briefing on the security situation in the insurgency affected areas. Trouble started following a request by chairman of the committee, George Thompson Sekibo, that the army chief should make some remarks. Major-General Minimah, however, insisted that he would not discuss military’s operational strategies in front of the media. The meeting almost ended in a shouting match, as senators demanded that he should make some comments, but the army chief insisted that he would not discuss military operational matters before the press.

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1358-insurgency-senate-chief-of-army-saff-in-shouting-match
all na drama . They are just acting out a script.
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
jamace:
Those senators should remember that they lobbied for their brothers, children, in laws e.t.c to be recruited into the military just for unemployment sake. Also I learnt the senators insist their bothers, sisters and their kith and kins be promoted in the armed forces. In addition, soldiers and officers who dread boko haram ran to the senators to get preferential postings to other locations not associated with boko haram. The senators cannot exonerate themselves from the rot in the military. I believe the COAS wanted to expose the negative influence the senators have on the military amongst other issues.

Unfortunately, this is the undiluted truth.. . . The great tragedy of the Nigerian condition.

Senators, Reps, other top public officers and politicians, traditional leaders, top pastors and Imams, etc... They are all represented (and implicated) in this massive web of corruption and nepotism...at the federal and state levels, nationwide. It's a big problem, and I don't think it can be solved anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by pharmo25(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
Na season film.
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by lonelydora: 4:33am On Nov 16, 2014
COAS knows his onions. You don't disclose certain security information to the public.

COAS teaching our Senators how to get sense since 1904.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2014
Senator: so, can you please tell us what you are foing to stop this senseless and barbaric acts called insurgency.

COAS: we are doing all that we cam under the cirvumstances. Remember, this is not a conventional war fare.

Senator: we have heard this "doing our best" grammer seceral times. Can you be more specific on what you are doing??
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2014
Senator: so, can you please tell us what you are doing to stop this senseless and barbaric acts of the insurgents.

COAS: we are doing all that we cam under the circumstances. Remember, this is not a conventional war fare.

Senator: we have heard this "doing our best" grammer several times. Can you be more specific on what you are doing??

COAS: you mean right here in public?

Senator: sure! What are we hiding? See, we are here to help you. Tell us your plans and strategies! Then we can offer advice! Besides, this is democracy, and Mr. President has signed the FOI bill into law, Nigeria need to know what is going on.

COAS: Sir, certain of the military modus operandi and war strategies are usually classified. This is war we are talking about.

Senator: classified? You are saying we dont belong to your class, right (angry now). Who classified it? Which section of the law classified it? We are the law makers, we are hereby de+classifying it. Tell us what we want to know.

COAS: i am sorry sir! You are getting the whole thing wrong! Ask another question if you still have! As for this, I cant reveal our strategies.

Senator: you are an absolute failure. You are an open show of incompetense and disgrace!
It is obvious that your strategies are not working, say it here and let us advice you, you wont!

COAS: it is obvious you dont have any other reasonable question. I need to take my leave!

Senator: it is both you and your father that are unreasonable. Can you imagine this failure!

COAS: (stands up) I cannot sit here and listing to this thrashy rantings. Do your job and allow me to do mine.

Senator: (stands up too) which job?? You are incompetent, it is well known!

Other senators interviened to calm the nerves.

Mind you all, the above is a complete fiction! A figment of my imagination!

Cheers to all.

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by aboy247: 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
pro01:

Unfortunately, this is the undiluted truth.. . . The great tragedy of the Nigerian condition.

Senators, Reps, other top public officers and politicians, traditional leaders, top pastors and Imams, etc... They are all represented (and implicated) in this massive web of corruption and nepotism...at the federal and state levels, nationwide. It's a big problem, and I don't think it can be solved anytime soon.
Re: Insurgency: Senate, Chief Of Army Saff In Shouting Match by Symphony007: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
The army is operating on the mark Twain quote. "It's better to keep quiet and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt".... . what stupid military secrets? so you can't make a little statement on the over arching mission then save the secrets for classified briefing. I guess his name is also a top secret military info.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo: Obasanjo With His First Wife And Children In The Early 80s / Buhari, Osinbajo And Pastor Adeboye At Thanks Giving Service (pics) / Bishop Abuya Peter Of Duna World Ministry Says Buhari Wil Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.