Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters (2419 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) / Buhari Is The Tallest Nigerian Leader Ever: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by mrofficial(m): 1:18am On Nov 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XWguqnVCk

For the intelligent Nigerians, Sowore is on point.
And for the rétards, Sowore becomes a liar and paid APC agent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by davitogreat(m): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2014
i find it funny that he is talking about the Naira being Stronger under Abachas Regime.
I guess he does not know that the naira never followed market levels and was grossly overvalued under Abacha's regime and it was a way Abacha and his cronies could make quick cash on the heads of the masses.

http://www.economist.com/node/273201

Mr Obasanjo has taken effective action to start expunging the virus of state intervention from the Nigerian economy. Most important, he has liberalised the exchange rate again. Under Abacha, the naira was grossly overvalued, but only the ruler's cronies could buy hard currency at the official rate. They could thus make millions in minutes by buying dollars cheaply and selling them expensively on the black market to businessmen who needed them. Now, although the naira is not yet fully convertible, its rate is set daily at more or less market levels, and oil companies are allowed to sell dollars direct to anyone who wants to buy them. So the gulf between the official and the black-market exchange rate has all but vanished, and with it the opportunity for arbitrage. [b]Mr Obasanjo has also ended the scam whereby officials deliberately created petroleum shortages to drive up the black-market price, thus enabling them to make a huge profit on reselling fuel bought at low official prices. [/b]The price at the pumps is still fixed by the government, but no longer at absurdly low levels.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Adminisher: 2:41am On Nov 16, 2014
davitogreat:
i find it funny that he is talking about the Naira being Stronger under Abachas Regime.
I guess he does not know that the naira never followed market levels and was grossly overvalued under Abacha's regime and it was a way Abacha and his cronies could make quick cash on the heads of the masses.

http://www.economist.com/node/273201

So your evidence for overvaluation is the Ecinomist'S view?. That is sad. You need to do some resesrch into what constitutes an acceptable exchange rate if the economist's view had been N300 to $1 maybe you would have accepted it as well. The excyange rate is what you wajt it to be depending on what your economic programne idls to be.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by tolustx(m): 2:48am On Nov 16, 2014
I call this total nonsense. Are journalists now allowed to make such comments abt govt/leaders? Or isn't he to be considered as a journalist? I consider some activists as loosers. They won't take up responsibilities and bcom useful 4 d country. Rather, they slander and pull down someone who has decided to rise to dat occassion. How does dis comment help Nigeria out of d challenges it faces? I wonder...

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by davitogreat(m): 3:21am On Nov 16, 2014
Adminisher:

So your evidence for overvaluation is the Ecinomist'S view?. That is sad. You need to do some resesrch into what constitutes an acceptable exchange rate if the economist's view had been N300 to $1 maybe you would have accepted it as well. The excyange rate is what you wajt it to be depending on what your economic programne idls to be.

You dont need the economist to know the naira was overvalued.

Also I just like to post links to backup my statements. Plus the economist is a reputable source or do you think those illiterate Nigerians who keep blabbing about how our economy was well managed and our naira was stable under abacha are right?

Plus tell me what Nigeria was producing and exporting that justifies abacha pegging the naira at 22 to 1 dollar?

Again the naira under abachas regime never followed market forces. It was fixed and manipulated by him. It is only from Obasanjors regime that the naira has been trading under market forces, and as we can all see the naira has continued to weaken due to

-Increase In spending power of the populace
-increase in foreign and local investments in various sectors of the economy (these investors need things like raw resource materials and machinery to do their work and since Nigeria doesn't produce either to satisfy demand they will import)
-decline in value of oil

(basically increase in importation of goods into the country and falling oil prices is the reason for the naira weakening)

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by LajaLaba: 3:25am On Nov 16, 2014
tolustx:
I call this total nonsense. Are journalists now allowed to make such comments abt govt/leaders? Or isn't he to be considered as a journalist? I consider some activists as loosers. They won't take up responsibilities and bcom useful 4 d country. Rather, they slander and pull down someone who has decided to rise to dat occassion. How does dis comment help Nigeria out of d challenges it faces? I wonder...
Lol what are u yapping on about?i'm not supporting this Sowore of a guy i don't even watch the video but not all of us can be a zombie......

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by tolustx(m): 3:35am On Nov 16, 2014
LajaLaba:
Lol what are u yapping on about?i'm not supporting this Sowore of a guy i don't even watch the video but not all of us can be a zombie......
Sorry, I dnt get ur point.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by lanxlot(m): 3:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Make una go crash, E-Witches and Wizards.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by LajaLaba: 4:05am On Nov 16, 2014
tolustx:
Sorry, I dnt get ur point.
You will get it soon
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by lonelydora: 4:10am On Nov 16, 2014
This Sowore never see anything self. If GEJ tighten some nuts on him, he will forever remain silent.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by pharmo25(m): 5:51am On Nov 16, 2014
Maybe he's right..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2014
Sowore represents every thing that is wrong with this country

As a journalst his primary job is to present factual insight and not his personal sentiments and opinions

The APC controls the 4th estate and Sahara Reports plus this jaundiced sowore fellow are the tip of the spear of lies and culamny

Since, I too am entitled to my own opinion; sowore is a shame to the profession he proclaims, a jaundiced journalist high on yellow journalism whose coscience has been mortgaged

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Saw this on facebook:
It was not easy for Lawrence Anini. It was not easy for Shina Rambo. Alamiesegha Did it, James Ibori did it, Mobutu Sesesekou did it. Now Goodluck Jonathan is doing it! Mr President, keep stealing because the thieves and unpatriotic elements behind you are just much in numbers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by dom(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2014
davitogreat:

You dont need the economist to know the naira was overvalued.

Also I just like to post links to backup my statements. Plus the economist is a reputable source or do you think those illiterate Nigerians who keep blabbing about how our economy was well managed and our naira was stable under abacha are right?

Plus tell me what Nigeria was producing and exporting that justifies abacha pegging the naira at 22 to 1 dollar?

Again the naira under abachas regime never followed market forces. It was fixed and manipulated by him. It is only from Obasanjors regime that the naira has been trading under market forces, and as we can all see the naira has continued to weaken due to

-Increase In spending power of the populace
-increase in foreign and local investments in various sectors of the economy (these investors need things like raw resource materials and machinery to do their work and since Nigeria doesn't produce either to satisfy demand they will import)
-decline in value of oil

(basically increase in importation of goods into the country and falling oil prices is the reason for the naira weakening)
ask him how old he was when Abacha was head of state. Probably too young to understand or remember. You're very correct in your submissions. Infact it was because of the terrible situation in the forex sector then that I wrote my final year project on " An Appraisal of the Legal Controls of the Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market"

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by tomakint: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2014
This is definitely not the Sowore (an intellectual student union leader of the UniLag in the 90s) I used to know, this Sowore has definitely been bought over with his own version of 'investigative journalism'......definitely, The Press has been a perennial problem to the polity as far as 1960 and our own Sowore is no exception undecided so Mr SaharaReporter, who is the best President ever liveth Btw, where is ThelastPope when you need him? He was right about Sowore afterall.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by raumdeuter: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2014
Well said.

Everyone knows it already that Jonathan is the worst president ever.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Goddex: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2014
[size=25pt]Only the janjaweeeds take Sahara Reporters and Sowore serious[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Pataki: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2014
March on Sowore.

Speaking out the truth no matter whose ox is gored.

Jonathan does not deserve to be the President of this country any longer.

He is indeed the worst ever.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Goddex: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Pataki:
March on Sowore.

Speaking out the truth no matter whose ox is gored.

Jonathan does not deserve to be the President of this country any longer.

He is indeed the worst ever.

You will join him in drinking acid by next year when Jonathan is sworn in

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by major466(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2014
Who takes Sharia reporters Chairman seriously? Certainly not me. Sowore is entitled to his opinion.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Omoyele Sowore praises abacha for securing Nigeria but goes on to suggest that the reason Boko Haram escalated is because of extra judicial killings!

Please how many people did Abacha take to courts?

Did Abacha not secure this country with brutality and fear?

Ken Sarowiwa who was an environmentalist campaigner was executed after a kangaroo military tribunal!

Guy has no clue what he is on about!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by brainpower(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2014
I don't really know this guy but I know some ethics in journalism and this goes against it. I think he was pushed by the recent news about 5million dollar mansion in the US but this shows his immaturity cos he finally came and confirmed what Nigerians have been saying that saharareporters are a one sided media house. Their major ambition is bringing the Jonathan govt down. What if GEJ is voted out and someone he prefers is voted in, what will happen to saharareporters afterwards? This really confirmed that he is being sponsored by APC.
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by emmatok(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
brainpower:
I don't really know this guy but I know some ethics in journalism and this goes against it. I think he was pushed by the recent news about 5million dollar mansion in the US but this shows his immaturity cos he finally came and confirmed what Nigerians have been saying that saharareporters are a one sided media house. Their major ambition is bringing the Jonathan govt down. What if GEJ is voted out and someone he prefers is voted in, what will happen to saharareporters afterwards? This really confirmed that he is being sponsored by APC.
SR is a whistleblower.
SR has opposed every Nigerian government since 1999, including Tinubu and co.
It's not about GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by deji68: 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Mr sowore are un adhering to your Professional Ethics hell no ....u are the "worst Journalist" ever...kettle calling pot black grin grin grin

http://ethicnet.uta.fi/international/international_principles_of_professional_ethics_in_journalism
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Jesusloveyou: 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Goddex:
[size=25pt]Only the janjaweeeds take Sahara Reporters and Sowore serious[/size]
only d follower of d worst president of nigeria wil not take him serious.
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by goodgood2(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
SorrowWoeRay! See name. E sound like person wey dem curse.
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by kmanning: 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
if he's not ok with the system, make him go obtain APC nomination form. I'm not saying the GEJ admin is ok enough, but this guy's report is prejudiced. Where was he during OBJ regime. He dare not talk rubbish! He's not even talented. He's as ordinary as any common Nigerian. He should go and learn from Edward Snowden what it means to leak govt secrets. I see him as one opportunist and nothing more.
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
kmanning:
if he's not ok with the system, make him go obtain APC nomination form. I'm not saying the GEJ admin is ok enough, but this guy's report is prejudiced. Where was he during OBJ regime. He dare not talk rubbish! He's not even talented. He's as ordinary as any common Nigerian. He should go and learn from Edward Snowden what it means to leak govt secrets. I see him as one opportunist and nothing more.
Are you saying that OBJ wasn't abused when he was in office? You are dead wrong my friend. Did he put people in prison because of abuse or did he kill them? OBJ was abused.
Re: Jonathan Is Worst Nigerian Leader Ever - Sowore, Publisher, Sahara Reporters by Arynzay: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
you re totally wrong, pls mr sowore wat is overcapitalisation and undercapitalisation. If we dont move as human hw can we step on toes. No government is ever worst. Every government have it devine task. How has ur own father manage his home

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: The Last Function Of Aguiyi-ironsi In Ibadan. 28/07/1966. / French Alps Plane Crash: 148 On Board / Nairaland Official Poll: Buhari Approval Rate (vote)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.