Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos (27070 Views)

Governor Ambode Deports 1,000 Igbos As Jimi Agbaje Support IPOB / Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Lagos Decides As Jimi Agbaje, Deputy, & Bode George Lose Their Respective Wards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
aljharem:

Gbammm
Fashola ekiti
Tinubu osun
Ambode ondo

Can you tell us Fasola's home town in Ekiti?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Can you tell us Fasola's home town in Ekiti?

The op maybe right concerning that of fashola reason been that names that starts with Ifa have there root in ekiti hence names like fashola , fabunmi,fasoro, faseyi is common over there
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

The op maybe right concerning that of fashola reason been that names that starts with Ifa have there root in ekiti hence names like fashola , fabunmi,fasoro, faseyi is common over there

You are a fuuktard. If Ifa names are peculiar to Ekiti (which are not), why is it difficult to name his town?

PS:
Ifa derives from Yoruba religion, and Ifa names are common throughout Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by adadadon(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Even if PDP wins Lagos they will meet an APC house of Assembly but that's by the way ambode is our man and we the true lagosians will stand for him
Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko Oje mi Logun Oje wa Logun.
No one has doubted Ambode's capability though

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

Lol are you Yoruba?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by adadadon(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
GOS is from abeokuta besides I heard he is now claiming Ikorodu just cos they zoned governorship the slot to Ikorodu!/epe zone.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
adadadon:
Even if PDP wins Lagos they will meet an APC house of Assembly but that's by the way ambode is our man and we the true lagosians will stand for him
Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko Oje mi Logun Oje wa Logun.
No one has doubted Ambode's capability though

The election will be competitive because the incumbent is not running. The battle is between political structures of leading parties. There is no doubt that Ambode has been campaigning throughout the state. If Ambode wins the primary (which he will) and there is less rancour, APC will win overwhelmingly.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

Lol are you Yoruba?

Yes...
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by shizzleStar: 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
seanet02:
Anything to replace Tinubu? Including replacing him with those capable of stealing the whole Lagos treasury in a day.
Tinubu is a class rogue that has cornered lagos to himself and stolen it dry since 1999.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
shizzleStar:
Tinubu is a class rogue that has cornered lagos to himself and stolen it dry since 1999.

Can you tell us what Tinubu stole? And why a "class rogue" is not in prison?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

You are a fuuktard. If Ifa names are peculiar to Ekiti (which are not), why is it difficult to name his town?

PS:
Ifa derives from Yoruba religion, and Ifa names are common throughout Yoruba land.

I don't see were I insulted you to warrant this insult you giving me here.. Well I will pretend I didn't see that, its either you are not even yoruba or probably you are one of those that haven't taken their time to study the history of somethings in yoruba land. Go and do your findings about the origin of ifa worship then come back here and appologise. However names that start with ifa could come from other areas In yorubaland but it is most common in Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Dc900: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Op what is your business in Lagos state. The state is for APC so tell your PDP to look elsewhere.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

Yes...
And you think ifa is restricted to just ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

aljharem:

Gbammm
Fashola ekiti
Tinubu osun
Ambode ondo
Chinom:

Wow !! that JAMB form. It seems like no real indigenous Lagosian has ever governed Lagos. I was meant to understand that both Tinubu and Fashola are also migrants from the South West. so, if migrants from the SW can govern Lagos, why not migrants from the SE ?.
I don't subscribe to the view that a migrant from Osun or Ekiti has more claims to Lagos than an Igbo, Calabar or Hausa man born and bred in Lagos. I believe the national assembly is looking into the matter right now.
I will voting PDP anyway. no matter who they bring out for Lagos. We need freedom from Tinubu grip. Lagosians cannot breath freely anymore.

Igbo people and SE indegenes, please leave this thread. Your opinions are not needed!!

[size=15pt]Nigeria is a country of many nations and this is a Yoruba matter. Any man from Yoruba land is allowed to rule Lagos.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

The election will be competitive because the incumbent is not running. The battle is between political structures of leading parties. There is no doubt that Ambode has been campaigning throughout the state. If Ambode wins the primary (which he will) and there is less rancour, APC will win overwhelmingly.

There are aspirants in the APC that are more popular and accomplished than Ambode. If he wins the party primaries, it'll be because of Tinubu.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

I don't see were I insulted you to warrant this insult you giving me here.. Well I will pretend I didn't see that, its either you are not even yoruba or probably you are one of those that haven't taken their time to study the history of somethings in yoruba land. Go and do your findings about the origin of ifa worship then come back here and appologise. However names that start with ifa could come from other areas In yorubaland but it is most common in Ekiti state

Since you are a Yoruba, you've taken time to study Yoruba history and know that names "with ifa could come from other areas in Yorubaland", why did you state the OP/Aljharem could be right?

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by shizzleStar: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Those living in denial like yourself can keep at it, but we all know that lagos is more or less his private company. Need i remind you that tinubu was a notorious chicago cocaine pusher.

Can you also tell us why Koro is not behind bars since you called him treasury looter?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Wow !! that JAMB form. It seems like no real indigenous Lagosian has ever governed Lagos. I was meant to understand that both Tinubu and Fashola are also migrants from the South West. so, if migrants from the SW can govern Lagos, why not migrants from the SE ?.
I don't subscribe to the view that a migrant from Osun or Ekiti has more claims to Lagos than an Igbo, Calabar or Hausa man born and bred in Lagos. I believe the national assembly is looking into the matter right now.

I will voting PDP anyway. no matter who they bring out for Lagos. We need freedom from Tinubu grip. Lagosians cannot breath freely anymore.

Fashola is from Lagos Island. Tinubu is also from Lagos Island but the story is that he's an adopted son of the Tinubu's. Since the Tinubu's are a well documented Lagos family but with strong ancestral ties to Abeokuta also, then Tinubu is by right of family a Lagosian.

The difference between non Yorubas and Lagos Yorubas who can be linked to origins other than Lagos is:

Their families have been Lagosian before the country existed.
They do not run off to a supposed ancestral village during Christmas.
They do not relocate to bury their dead in a supposed ancestral village.
They do not relocate to a supposed ancestral village for their traditional wedding.
Most importantly, they are well tied to Lagos by marriage.
Lastly they do not rant in envy of Lagos. This is their home, not a place they reside when it is convenient.

6 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

There are aspirants in the APC that are more popular and accomplished than Ambode. If he wins the party primaries, it'll be because of Tinubu.

Politics is not, ultimately, about popularity. It has more to do with who controls the party structure. But a major fallout will spell doom for APC as it happened during Otedola era. Ambode will win, but he should in a free, fair and credible primary contest.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
shizzleStar:
Those living in denial like yourself can keep at it, but we all know that lagos is more or less his private company. Need i remind you that tinubu was a notorious chicago cocaine pusher.

Can you also tell us why Koro is not behind bars since you called him treasury looter?

If Tinubu was a notorious Chicago cocaine pusher, why is he able to enter the US freely without any harassment? Is he above american laws?

If you can't quote where I called Koro a "treasury looter", then you are a liar.

4 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Politics is not, ultimately, about popularity. It has more to do with who controls the party structure. But a major fallout will spell doom for APC as it happened during Otedola era. Ambode will win, but he should in a free, fair and credible primary contest.
Politics is ultimately about popularity, Ambode is going to ride on Tinubus popularity (or control) within the APC to win the primaries.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

While you're right that "Fa" prefix is common to Ekiti state, it is not an Ekiti dialect hence not exclusive to Ekiti.

The same goes for "Odu" not being exclusive to the Ijebu.

So "Fa" holds no knowledge on Sola's Ekiti origin.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

Politics is ultimately about popularity, Ambode is going to ride on Tinubus popularity (or control) within the APC to win the primaries.

Tinubu is not popular in the true sense of the word popularity, but he is powerful when it comes to party politics.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by nduchucks: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
I have very bad news for the ethnic bigots, the suferers of superiority complex, the racists, and narow minded folks on this thread.

The following provision will become part of the Amended 1999 constitution in a matter of months:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

One day, the governor of Lagos will say yammiri/yim miri (give me water) when he requests for iced water out of Alausa. lipsrsealed
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
StOla:

While you're right that "Fa" prefix is common to Ekiti state, it is not an Ekiti dialect hence not exclusive to Ekiti.

The same goes for "Odu" not being exclusive to the Ijebu.

So "Fa" holds no knowledge on Sola's Ekiti origin.

"Ogun" prefix is even more common in Ekiti than "Ifa".
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Tinubu is not popular in the true sense of the word popularity, but he is powerful when it comes to party politics.
He's popular because he's powerful
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by PentiumPro(f): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
adadadon:
GOS is from abeokuta besides I heard he is now claiming Ikorodu just cos they zoned governorship the slot to Ikorodu!/epe zone.

Very tru, he attended Oke Ona grammar school in Abk.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by shizzleStar: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

If Tinubu was a notorious Chicago cocaine pusher, why is he able to enter the US freely without any harassment? Is he above american laws?

If you can't quote where I called Koro a "treasury looter", then you are a liar.
I didn't mean you but the guy i quoted before you quoted me who said koro will loot the state in one day...

Erm..like i said before we can all live in denial concerning tinubus drug run in US...i dont wish to engage in any back and forth now...not this hot afternoon, lets leave it at that
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by PentiumPro(f): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
StOla:

Fashola is from Lagos Island. Tinubu is also from Lagos Island but the story is that he's an adopted son of the Tinubu's. Since the Tinubu's are a well documented Lagos family but with strong ancestral ties to Abeokuta also, then Tinubu is by right of family a Lagosian.

The difference between non Yorubas and Lagos Yorubas who can be linked to origins other than Lagos is:

Their families have been Lagosian before the country existed.
They do not run off to a supposed ancestral village during Christmas.
They do not relocate to bury their dead in a supposed ancestral village.
They do not relocate to a supposed ancestral village for their traditional wedding.
Most importantly, they are well tied to Lagos by marriage.
Lastly they do not rant in envy of Lagos. This is their home, not a place they reside when it is convenient.

Correct! Lagos does not want a governor or deputy that will go "home" every Easter and Christmas to celebrate with "kindred" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

How does that change anything, really? Would it make Emeka win election in Kano, Babangida in Ekiti or Ogunyemi in Enugu? Now, is there any law that bar them from contesting for election in those states? You folks think you can legislate unity into existence? Let them keep reworking a useless constitution until the whole country crumbles.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by FolabiCash: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
ola6:
The moment PDP IMPOSES AGBAJE, they have lost! No more godfatherism. No more baba so wipe! NO MORE! FREE LAGOS!!!
Fact is Agbaje is a better candidate than Obanikoro and PDP structure in Lagos will make him triumph but then his alliance with APC is worrisome , he shouldn't goan pull another Tambuwal on us

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by JaaizTech: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
I am really surprised that Agbaje is regarded as a popular figure, just last week someone mentioned him in the office and i had to ask who is He? As in what are his credentials What is He bringing to the table as his achievements / track record

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-Aviation Minister, Babalola Borisade Is Dead / PDP Holds Emergency Meeting, May Postpone Convention To Counter APC / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally, Damaturu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.