Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

1c3JaY's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1c3JaY's Profile / 1c3JaY's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 1c3JaY: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
9icetoo:

The nigeran police force does not make laws.

They enforce and protect the laws enacted by the national assembly.

For vehicles, the law that controls their use and other details about them including appearance is in the road traffic act.

The road traffic act also stipulates what colours you cannot paint your car, what colour of number plate you will use, where to affix your vehicle license sticker, who to apply to for change of vehicle color.

The NPF does not make laws with regards to vehicles or properties or the likes.

Know this and know peace.

Knowledge is power my good friend. Arm yourself with it and stop encouraging these men in uniform.

I am still waiting for the law that gave the Nigerian police the right to issue and approve tinted permits.

The tinted permits issuance was stopped because it was not supposed to be in the first place.

If any state or local govt modifies it's laws on the road traffic act (as Lagos has done), it may choose to indicate clearly the conditions for obtaining a tint permit. So far, none has done anything about tint. Until they do, the police has no right under the constitution to harass you over tint permit.

If the police takes a driver to court over the tint issues, which section of the Nigerian constitution will it cite as the contravention?

Have you seen the list of offences in the road traffic act and the act that set up the FRSC and their fines?

Is tint or tint permit there?

Your guess is as good as mine

And no worry about me, I use the road regularly, south south to south east, south east to south west and south west to south east na my regular routes and I encounter all manner of policemen.

If a 5 hour delay is your justification for giving and encouraging bribes, then continue but please do not advice others to do same.

You make the roads more stressful for the rest of us by making these policemen feel entitled..

Thanks.

Thanks. Seems the police are just extorting people who don't know.
Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 1c3JaY: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2023
Does no one have valid info
Car Talk / Re: Ruling On Tinted Glass by 1c3JaY: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2023
Authoreety:
U mean interbau roundabout and close to summit junction

Those police men are rogues... Thank God iv left Nigeria fr those idiots..

Lol 😂 ... You sure know the areas.
Car Talk / Ruling On Tinted Glass by 1c3JaY: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2023
Good morning guys,

I'll be brief and apologies for any typos.

What does the law says on tinted glass usage?

The back windows of my car is tinted but the front have been peeled off, I didn't peel off the back because it kinda makes the car beautiful.

Due to the kind of car I drive and I'm fairly young I usually get stopped by Police. I understand they're doing there job looking for criminals and maybe stolen vehicles.

Once they see my papers are complete and I'm no criminal they proceed to ask me for tinted glass which the Nigerian Police Force have stopped issuing.

Sometimes they use this to extort me and has been making me avoid areas that I know they'll be, FYI I'm usually just driving round within Asaba maybe to by food or fuel.

I can't really continue like this avoiding police, taking longer routes to my destination as fuel is on the high side now.

I did some research and some articles said Police are to only stop and search and not request for tinted permit as they no longer issue it and I read elsewhere of how vehicles without permit are being impounded.

I would really like to know what the LAW says exactly on the usage please bear in mind my car only has it at the back seat the front has been peeled off thanks.
Romance / Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by 1c3JaY: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
I think it's our biology...

For example: A lion ( most animals as well) mates with so many lioness together, but a lioness mates with one male at a time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Programming / Re: Sisora Is A Fraudster by 1c3JaY: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2023
silento:
No valueable full website script on earth u can purchase for less than 50k naira unless na half baked or back door embedded

So if Sisora had charged 100k for his script would that have made him legit?

I reasoned Sisora as a struggling techie and on my part I couldn't refuse my friend on his learning and I'm very busy, 10k max lose I could easily refund that. Somehow he convinced my friend to make part payment of 35k.

This post is just to deter other potential victims.
Programming / Re: Sisora Is A Fraudster by 1c3JaY: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2023
truthCoder:
No vex everyone o but for the sanity of all of us, always put a notice say na PHP websites una dey run for 5k.

This is to allow others who are reading to understand that freshly written codes are not sold for 5k even if it is one line.

Before i go, do you guys who buy scripts dont review this simple vulnerability of easter eggs and backdoors? So i sell you a fintech script for 5k and you later ‘blow’, if i meeuve your funds, you will come out to say you were hacked?

Small time now, they will come up with statistics to say php is the leader in web dev but they clearly ignore all these photocopied malware-infested scripts being resold at 5k a pop.

Software developer wey dey buy script no different from affidavit typer for court abeg.

My guy chill ,.. This write up is solely to let everyone know he's a scammer and deter others from falling victim.

I myself am a SW with years of professional experience.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Sisora Is A Fraudster by 1c3JaY: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2023
ExplorerReturns:
If what you are saying is true, post his phone number and real name. If possible include his Facebook page so that google can index it and other potential victims can avoid him

That's the point of this post... It's has currently been indexed by Google...

I did post his numbers and email but nairaland bot seems to have deleted the post
Programming / Re: Sisora Is A Fraudster by 1c3JaY: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Some proof

Programming / Sisora Is A Fraudster by 1c3JaY: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Just want to let everyone know that Sisora is a fraudster and scammed my friend after agreeing to build an app and taking payment Sisora vanished.

Some back story, I'm a software developer but I'm usually extremely busy. I have a good friend of mine who needs to build a website and intends to do so himself as part of learning. Normally, I will decline and move on but he's pretty close. So I directed him to YouTube, he learnt and told me he needed a script based on the tutorial.

I stumbled upon Sisora post of 5k for script and 10k to deploy the script. My thoughts what's 10k (I imagine people value their reputation bigger than that) even if it's a scam so I contacted him on behalf of my friend and paid for the script. I sent the script to my friend but seems he was unable to use it so I gave him Sisora number to deal with him directly as the back and forth is becoming too much.

Long story short, he took 35k from my friend as part payment to build a website with some extra functionalities (I don't know the exact details of the discussion) but immediately he took the money he stopped replying him.

My friend contacted me after 2 days of him no longer replying of which I myself tried contacting him and no response for 2 days (4 days total no reply but online).
Politics / Re: Prof. Pat Utomi Speaking At Ongoing LP Town Hall Meeting With Lagos Students by 1c3JaY: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Pat Utomi was vice chairman of BankPHB, where is the bank today?

He was an AGM and later the chief operating officer of Volkswagen Nigeria. Where is the company today?

He is the founder of UTOmapp holdings and a center for leadership what are they known for and how many leaders has he produced from his mentorship program

He has contested for governorship and presidential positions and failed woefully in both attempts

Don’t be deceived by these guys
Who are you and what have you achieved.

You think it's easy to have achieved being a Vice chairman, a founder and a COO grin
Politics / Re: Prof. Pat Utomi Speaking At Ongoing LP Town Hall Meeting With Lagos Students by 1c3JaY: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
B
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: What Course Did You Study And What Do You Do Currently? by 1c3JaY: 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Studied Mechanical engineering...

Now I'm a software developer working for a company overseas remotely ...

Boring and lonely but I lack nothing I need...

4 Likes 1 Share

Autos / Re: 2011 Toyota Corolla Awoof .. by 1c3JaY: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
scholes23:

I'm here to testify that you're a man of your words. This is a case of what I ordered is exactly what I got and it was nice doing business with you. Such a clean ride . Thanks for the car and it was nice doing business with you
Pls patronise him cos he's a man of his words

You bought the car?
Programming / Re: Thread closed. by 1c3JaY: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
tosinhtml:

I think this is the major problem, generally when you start learning new stuff, you're eager to tell everyone how to learn. People cannot just calm down and relax to learn for at least 6 months before they start advising us on how to do bla bla bla.

At some point you would need to learn from books because some concepts would need proper reading before you can understand.

Ya... The OP should focus more on learning than trying to show off... It's obvious he knows very little...
Programming / Re: Thread closed. by 1c3JaY: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
This isn’t true.
Stop misleading beginners.

He's also a beginner... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Programming / Re: I Finally Built A Todo App. by 1c3JaY: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
Rgade:
I know that tensazangetsu20 has told us to stop building lame stuff like that but I was just itching to grin
And it feels like every frontend guy built one at some point.

I’ve been focusing on more challenges projects but they’ve been far from enjoyable cry

You’ve to admit it’s a fun thing to build cheesy

https://might-do.netlify.app/

Looks good but I found a bug. When on active tab and you click on an item it gets deleted.
Programming / Re: Help Needed Recharts Js React by 1c3JaY: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Label appears to work with a plaintext value, plaintext children.
Attempting to return html elements from Label content=, or passing them directly to content does nothing..

if you use value="Testing" it will work

instead of content={<Anything/>}

Ya it works on strings and it should work with a react element as stated on the docs but seems that doesn't work.
Programming / Help Needed Recharts Js React by 1c3JaY: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hi guys,

I'm trying to place a react element label at the center of my pie chart using Recharts.

I set the Label content props to a React element as stated in the docs but the label is not visible anywhere.

Kindly go through my code sample, probably I'm missing something. Thanks

https://codesandbox.io/s/recharts-issue-template-forked-sndl8h?file=/src/index.js
Politics / Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Ticket by 1c3JaY: 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
Politics / Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Beats Yemi Osinbajo Among Others To Win APC Primary Election by 1c3JaY: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2022
Programming / Re: My First MERN Application by 1c3JaY: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
devmek:
Hi all, I just deployed my first ever attempt at building a MERN stack application called Carfaxt, it is a car booking application for a fictitious car rental firm which aims to provide the firm with an online presence and also allow users select from the available list of rentals, make payment and have the rental delivered to their doorstep.
On the frontend aspect, I used Tailwind CSS for the styling, Material UI for the select input element, Swiper Js for the carousels and the redux library for state management. The user registration and authentication was done using JSON Web Token. On the backend, Bcrypt js was used for hashing of the user passwords. I deployed the Node backend on Heroku, The database on MongoDb's atlas and the React frontend on Netlify.
The url : https://carfaxt.netlify.app
Github repo: https://github.com/anagavc/carfaxt
Thank you.
cc: qtguru, tensazangetsu20

Nice job. How long did it take you to build everything?
Programming / Re: Meet The 19-year-old Nigerian Building His Own Blockchain Empire by 1c3JaY: 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
Inspiring... If only we could go back in time embarassed
Programming / Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by 1c3JaY: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Hello everyone,
Seeking advice. So I have been offered a position as a QA Tester (Independent Contractor) at crossover.com. And I am bit hesitant to take this position and wanted some advice.

I got to know of crossover.com last month here on Nairaland. Applied for a few positions and got successful with the QA tester role. However most of my research about working for Crossover.com has turned up mostly negative reviews. Intense monitoring, deducted pay and generally poor work conditions. But at $20k per annum, the offer looks tempting. I have another remote job and was looking to combine both. However most of the reviews have been from Americans who are a bit picky. So I wanted practical advice from any Nigerian based folks that have worked with them. What has been your experience? Is it possible to combine crossover.com offer with another remote job? Would you advise I accept the offer and combine it with my current role? Or should I just tint and keep looking?

Good evening... What's your view on crossover work after working with them this past months? Thanks
Programming / Re: How Can I Get A Remote Back End Job by 1c3JaY: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
38Noob:
If you are a junior Dev, you should be doing front end...most companies don't hire "junior back end developer"

So how does one become a backend developer?

1 Like

Programming / Re: Check Out My Nairaland Clone! by 1c3JaY: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2021

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.