Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

1captain's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1captain's Profile / 1captain's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Nairaland / General / Buhari Says “nigerians Have A Reputation For Criminality, Bruce Takes Advantage by 1captain: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2016
There is a trend going on twitter right now, and it is titled #NigerianAreNotCriminals, creator is Nigerian Senator, Ben Murray Bruce and cause of the trend, Muhammad Buhari

The President was quoted to have advised Nigerians against seeking asylum in the United Kingdom, noting that the country’s reputation for criminality ‘has made it hard for them to be accepted abroad’.

Buhari said the motivating factor behind the decision of some Nigerians to join the migrant exodus to Europe- were purely economical, and not necessarily because of the dangers associated with remaining in Nigeria.

The report quotes the President as saying: “Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking.”

“I don’t think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home, where their services are required to rebuild the country. We have an image problem abroad and we are on our way to salvage that.”

Meanwhile, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has lashed out at the President over the generalizing and labelling of Nigerians as being involved in crime.
Nairaland / General / Nigeria Na Cementry By Segun Adeniyi by 1captain: 7:25am On Feb 07, 2016
When they loot money, they keep it in Switzerland When they are sick, they go to Germany for medicals When they want to buy household utensils, they go to China When they want to invest for the future, they go to America When buying Mansions, they choose United Arab Emirate When on shopping spree, they travel to France When on holidays, they go to the Bahamas When they want to watch football, they go to Spain or England When their wives want to give birth they go to Ireland When they want to buy arms, they send their aircraft to South Africa with cash When educating their children, they select Canada When those children want to marry, they go to Dubai When they want to pray, they go to Mecca or Jerusalem When they are in their last days, they are flown abroad But after they die, they all want to be buried in Nigeria. Abeg! Help me ask them, Nigeria Na Cemetery?

NYSC / The Final Tale Of A Corper( A Plea To The Nigerian Government On NYSC) by 1captain: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
So am almost done but am really scared, the fear lives with me every passing day as the reality of the end of this program dawns on me. This fear also applies to over 100,000 Nigerian graduates in different parts of the country but the question you want to ask is, why are we afraid? For the majority of us, the answer is simple; we are scared, because we are unable to answer the question; what happens after NYSC? Let me narrate my experience to you.

Read Full article : https://www.nairaland.com/2910536/fina-tale-corper-t.i.a

NYSC / The Fina Tale Of A Corper By T.I.A by 1captain: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Am almost done with my National Youth Corp program in Nigeria, for those that have no idea what that means, the National Youth Corps program (NYSC) is a program designed for all Nigerian graduates home and abroad within the ages of 18- 30 to serve by accepting to be posted to different parts of the country to share what they have learnt in school, impact on the society which they find themselves and also learn from that particular society. Nice, ehn! Yeah it is and along with that you will be paid #19, 800 by the government at the end of every month. So am almost done but am really scared, the fear lives with me every passing day as the reality of the end of this program dawns on me. This fear also applies to over 100,000 Nigerian graduates in different parts of the country but the question you want to ask is, why are we afraid? For the majority of us, the answer is simple; we are scared, because we are unable to answer the question; what happens after NYSC? Let me narrate my experience to you. Some day ago, I met this fellow who had passed out of the program and on seeing him; he was looking so dejected and stressed out. So, I approached him and we talked, I asked about his job , he said he was still seeking for one , which was the obvious reason he was exhausted. Then he lamented about missing the #19,800 allowance. one thing is for sure, the Nigerian government never jokes with the corper’s allowance. It is paid promptly every month. So we talked a while and then he left to continue the job of Job seeking because it is a job itself and I stood here, with all kind of thoughts running through my head, with the question of, what happens after? Still “echoing “in my thoughts. Then again, I saw an old school mate of mine ( he was not serving because he was above 30) days after meeting the ex-corper, although he didn’t see me but I noticed he was carrying a file with lots of documents in it, and for a minute I paused on the road , because I knew that was certainly his CV, how do I know? You just know a job seeker when you see one, don’t you? Ok let’s say it was, so I paused and memories of our universities days came rushing back, and by the time I got to where I was going I was dejected and asked myself, which way for the Nigerian youth corper, whose parents or who independently struggled to go to the university and finished with a second class degree or a first class or worse a second class lower degree. To be frank, Most Nigerian youth in senior secondary school and tertiary institution always relish the moment they would also serve their fatherland ( that was they call they process) but when they get to the NYSC that’s when the true reality hits them. The program is a bloody waste of time! At least this is what most people say at the beginning until the last 100 days of the program when the fear of having to return home with no Job and NO #19, 800 which is essentially the most important for most corpers in the country. In the first 90 days, the fear is strong, and the question, a corper begins to ask, what next after Nysc? In the second 60 days
see full article on [www.1creekblog.com]

1 Share

Nairaland / General / 5 Delightful Things To Do Before 8 Am by 1captain: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2016
Life can keep you so busy that it feels like a big challenge to move towards your dreams. It gets even more complicated if you have a full-time job and kids – you would have to wake up as early as 4 am to prep the children and beat the notorious Lagos traffic.

However, no matter how busy your schedule is, there are a few productive things you should do daily before the day’s activities start and here are five of those important things you should do.

Get healthy sleep

Sleep is as important as eating and drinking water. Despite this the high rate of awareness surrounding this topic, millions of people still do not get enough sleep daily and the consequence of that is that they easily lose concentration. Advantages having a great sleep regimen include increased memory, reduced stress, and decreased risk of depression. So sleep as much as you but do not slumber all day.

Take a cold shower

Taking your bath in the morning is already a tradition. A cold shower in the morning relaxes the body and improve your metabolism. The result of this is that it enhances your quality. Of course, a quality life is guaranteed to have a positive impact on your general well-being.

See more on #1Creek

1 Share

Politics / 55 Nigerians Stole 1.34 Trillion In 7 Years- Lai Mohammed by 1captain: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2016
Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed while addressing a world press conference in Abuja to mark the beginning of the war against corruption in Nigeria yesterday said that 55 Nigerians stole a combined amount of N1.34 trillion between 2006 and 2013.

The minister said 15 former Governors stole N146.84 billion; four former ministers stole N7 billion; 12 former public officers both at Federal and State levels stole over N14 billion; eight Nigerians in the banking sector - N524 billion , while 11 businessmen stole N653 billion.

The minister said that using World Bank rates and costs, one-third of the stolen funds could have provided 635.18 kilometres of roads; 36 ultra-modern hospitals per state; 183 schools; educated 3,974 children from primary to tertiary level at 25.24 million per child and built 20,062 units of 2-bedroom houses.
See more on {1creekblog.com]

1 Share

Health / Lassa Fever! Lassa Fever! by 1captain: 6:55am On Jan 17, 2016
Lassa fever is a disease from the infectious agent, Lassa virus. This fever is endemic in certain country such as
Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea and also Nigeria. Congo, Mali and Senegal reported to have serological human infection as well.

How the virus spread?

In West Africa, the reservoir for the virus is the wild rodents. Wild rodents, including the mouse is carrying the virus if the rodent is infected. The urine, stool, blood, saliva and the mucus of the infected rodent is full of viruses. Human can get the virus if accidently touched, consumed, and any sort of direct contact of the infected rodent excreta as listed above. Virus spread from human to human also possible by sexual contact, air droplets, and direct contact with
pharyngeal secretions or urine of the infected person.
The Symptoms

You should seek your doctor immediately if you are experiencing these symptoms, especially when there is an
outbreak of Lassa fever in your place:
-malaira
-fever
-headache
See more on [www.1creekblog.com]

1 Share

Health / Re: Lassa Fever Hits Lagos, Patient Currently In Luth by 1captain: 6:52am On Jan 17, 2016
Lassa Fever is a virus carried by rats and wild rodents and human being s can contract the disease if they come in contact with the stool, urine of rodents and which has no CURE and you might feel symptom,s like nausea, headache, abdominal pains , You may get these symptoms after 6 to 21 days of exposure to the Lassa virus.
Health / Lassa Fever Hits Lagos, Patient Currently In Luth by 1captain: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2016
The dreaded Lassa Fever that has killed over 40 people in the country is has hit Lagos, with the patient being currently quarantined at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH. The patient, who has been confirmed Lassa positive, is now at the Accident and Emergency unit of LUTH where he is being isolated. The name of the Lassa patient is Ahmed Fasasi, a 25-year old male and was brought in to LUTH this evening. Lagos Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris confirmed it.

Lassa Fever Hits Lagos. Now on #1Creek [www.1creekblog.com]

1 Share

Sports / Nigeria, Ghana On Age Cheating List In Football by 1captain: 8:33am On Jan 15, 2016
A report by the Switzerland-based Football Observatory has traced the usual under performance by many African senior teams to massive cheatings carried out at their youth levels. The CIES report listed Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon as countries that have yet to hit full potential with their A-teams as a result of wrong foundations set with the youth teams.

The report stated that despite fielding the youngest players in 2015, the Super Eagles, Black Stars and the Indomitable Lions have continued to struggle due to age cheating.

MORE ON [www.1creekblog.com]

1 Share

Nairaland / General / The Life Of A City Rat ( Prt1) A Lassa Virus Feature by 1captain: 8:05am On Jan 15, 2016
Life in the city is all about struggles and it is way too crowded, at least from the perspective of a rat that is. Yeah am a rat, and I was born and bred in the city, making me an elite among my peers because I have lived the urban lifestyle all my life. So as I was saying , life in the city is a little bit tough because you have to struggle for stuffs especially if you live in the working class gutter in the city, but there is always enough to eat because people in the city are always very generous. They are very "wasteful" people and have rubbish to dispose all the time, so we never run out of food, especially the festive period. Xmas was a blast; I had a chicken to myself for a whole week.

So back to my story, am a rat, there is no need to reveal my name due to security reasons, I have a 10 siblings and numerous cousins, my mother told me. In fact I don’t recognize my cousins when we meet in Public except when mum greets them and introduces them, when we meet at the food stores. Our family is an extended one, and according to grandpa who died on new year’s day, I have cousins all over the country and even some I hear live overseas. I wonder how it feels to live over there. So one day, some of my cousins came to visit us in our new house since the humans who lived there vacated the place without notice or care for us

1 Share

Sports / Fellaini Agrees Deal With Ac Milan by 1captain: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2016
Marouane Fellaini has agreed a deal to join AC Milan from Manchester United, according to reports.

Fellaini was linked with Milan earlier this week but it was thought that the Red Devils had rejected an approach for his signature.

1 Share

Nairaland / General / Odd News: The Story Of The Friendship Between A Goat(timur) And A Tiger(amur) by 1captain: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2016
When i first saw this, i checked twice to see it was really true, and indeed it was .

The strange friendship between a tiger and a goat is one story that has indeed broken the internet.

1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Davido Provides Evidence Of Marijuana Found In Daughter's System by 1captain: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
seriously even i don't know what prompted the release of this but we have surely not seen the last of this matter,
source is 1creekblog.com or you could check Davido's instagram page.
Celebrities / Davido Provides Evidence Of Marijuana Found In Daughter's System by 1captain: 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
After the drama died down a little , Davido reignites the baby mama drama again with this pictures which he tags exhibit

1 Share

Celebrities / Davido's Daughter Still In Family's Custody, Drama Continues by 1captain: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Following the public outbursts between Davido and Dele Momodu, it appears that the family of the singer are still in custody of baby Imade.

Davido’s family are at loggerheads with the family of the baby’s mother, Sophia Momodu, over the custody of Imade.

Punch Newspapers spoke with a member of the Momodu family who said that the Adelekes have maintained that only the court could take the baby away from them.

Is this fair? whose side are you on?
[www.1creekblog.com

1 Share

Nairaland / General / $1million For Child Support? Creek It by 1captain: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2015
You are worth $6.9billion and you have a wife who wants a divorce, and is demanding for $1Million dollars per month for taking care of the Kids, What would you call such a woman.
$1Million for Child Support? Now On 1Creek
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Super Sunday(analysis + Prediction) by 1captain: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
They don't just call it the super Sunday match, Its
the first of the super Sunday matches, Arsenal play
host to Manchester United at the emirate today.
Gunners going into the game after loosing at home
to Olympiacos in the champions league, would
want to make a statement by defeating the men
from old trafford.
Arteta, Flamini and Kosceilyn are
doubtful for the starting line up. Petr Cech is
expected back in the goal post and Theo Walcott,
who has had a good season in front of goal is
expected to start.
Man utd go into the game boasting about the best
defensive record along side Tottenham and also
with its attacking players having a nice season in
front of goal.

See More on www.1creek..co.uk

1 Share

Nairaland / General / #righttodie by 1captain: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2015
The Senate in California Just passed a law recently which allows for a terminally ill person to commit suicide with the help of a physician.
See more on #1Creek
Education / Unilag Protests by 1captain: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Although I feel for the families of the lady who died but I think the student's reaction did not correlate with the situation, what do you think? #Unilagrotests now on #1creek
Celebrities / #MOMS, Beyonce, Kimkardashian And Amber Rose by 1captain: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2015
What do you think of these women as Moms, Have they been good examples or bad? See this issue on #1Creek

1 Share

NYSC / After Nysc, What Next? by 1captain: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
After your 10months in the Nysc, What Next? Do you have plans? Is there a job waiting? Or are you just going home? See #After Nysc, What Next on F.B or #1creek, Tell us what happens after service?
Nairaland / General / Linda Ikeji's 100k , Who Wants It More? by 1captain: 1:26am On Aug 31, 2015
As a blogger's blogger, it's an habit to visit other blogs once in a while, sometimes for the stories and most times for the funny comments(they surely will crack you up), so i visited Linda ikeji's blog ( Linda is a top Nigerian blogger) and while checking the posts, i visited the comment segment and this is what i saw,
Visit #1creek for more .
Nairaland / General / Linda Ikeji's 100k , Who Wants It More? by 1captain: 1:19am On Aug 31, 2015
As a blogger's blogger, it's an habit to visit other blogs once in a while, sometimes for the stories and most times for the funny comments(they surely will crack you up), so i visited Linda ikeji's blog ( Linda is a top Nigerian blogger) and while checking the posts, i visited the comment segment and this is what i saw,
Visit #1creek for more .
Nairaland / General / Fashola Accused Of Spending 139 Million On Boreholes by 1captain: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2015
After the report some weeks ago that he spent about 70 million on his website, another report by nigerian newspaper, Punch although yet to be confirmed has emerged that former governor of lagos state, Babatunde Fashola was accused by the Lagos state government of mishandling government funds and spending about 139million on drilling boreholes but with all that is listed, what i sought for was, where he spent the money on himself, although that does not excuse the fact that he stole., A thief is a thief even if he gives charity. Continue reading on our site: [www.1creek..com]

1 Share

Nairaland / General / Bride Leaves Wedding For Nysc Headcount by 1captain: 2:10am On Aug 23, 2015
Dunno whethet this is funny or just plain crazy, this lady who is obviously about to get married left her wedding to sign for the headcount announced by the Nysc

#BrideLeavesWeddingNowOn #1creek

1 Share

Nairaland / General / Why Do We Get Married? by 1captain: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Do you understand your partner enough to trust them?
Last week , we discussed the reasons on why most people marry .
This week will be quite special, as we will be discussing the issue of "trust".

1 Share

Nairaland / General / When Aliens Meet Nigerians by 1captain: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2015
This trend is very easy, If Aliens invaded Nigeria, What would Happen?

#whenaliensinvadenigeria Now on #1creek, check our live feed to see people's tweet on the issue , enjoy.

1 Share

Nairaland / General / Users Of Cheating/dating Site Exposed by 1captain: 10:21am On Aug 19, 2015
Do you know Ashley Madison? If you don't , let me gist you.

Ashley Madison is a extra-marital affairs site(Sugar daddy) site where married men look for babes to have an affair with.

Last month some hackers, hacked the site and now they have released the emails and personal details of those on the site.

As a wife or husband, if you saw your partners name here, what would do?

Let's talk people
Nairaland / General / #whoisthisbyanny by 1captain: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
He is Nigerian, He is A Musician, He is From Jos, He is the President of a Record Label in Nigeria,

Tell Us Who this Is?
Clue: Chairman

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.