Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

1cor2v9's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1cor2v9's Profile / 1cor2v9's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hi Guys,

Travelling to Nigeria from Canada with Airfrance. Is Yellow fever vaccination card compulsory before boarding?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 7:01pm On May 11, 2022
Afolavid:

Congratulations!!! I enjoy reading your Landing gist. Wish you all the best in Canada.

@Bold... I thought return tickets are to be used within the year. Is there a specific type you opted for that allows you to activate and use anytime you like..? Please clarify. Thanks

Thanks for the wishes

You are correct, opening of tickets is valid only for a year . I actually have something bringing me back to Nigeria within this one year window, so I'm okay with it.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 3:29pm On May 04, 2022
AkumahTalk:
Please what's the gap in your return ticket (between departure and arrival) to be eligible for PTA. Can it be more than 2 weeks?

Flight to Canada 22nd April and return flight 14th May. Roughly 3weeks .
I believe the Gap can be more. The April 22nd date was actually the reschedule date,it was originally 16th March.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 3:27pm On May 04, 2022
tshtsh:

Best of luck and hopefully you'll campaign against buying a ticket before receiving passport + COPR. It just places one under some kind of pressure

Hahaha haha
Omo, no lies it's better to just wait for COPR before booking flight ticket. For the sake of one's sanity.
For some reasons my blood was too hot. Lol.
Thanks

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 11:24pm On May 01, 2022
1cor2v9:
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!!!

AOR: 25th Sept 2020
RPRF: 28th Nov 2020
REMED : 2nd Dec 2021 passed 10th Jan 2022
PPR: Today 1st Feb

Visa Office: Accra Office.

My Landing Gist

I got PPR on 1st of Feb and sent my passport through vfs lagos on 7th.  It took 2 months for my passport to return due to the whole Accra timelime plus my passport photo got misplaced in transit.

I had booked my flight shortly after PPR came because I thought passport will be stamped and returned in 6weeks , I had to reschedule the flight.

I booked a return ticket for 475k and later rescheduled for a fee of 44k

For those wondering why a return ticket I needed it to apply for PTA, upon return of my passport from Accra I applied for PTA and 3days to my flight 4k dollars was approved and disbursed to me at 419 per dollar. I will open my return flight and use it whenever I'm ready to visit Nigeria

I booked my flight with Ethiopia Airlines,  arrived airport by 10am on 22nd April, Nobody searched my luggage which was surprising. The immigration guys just wished me well. I went to the check in counter and did all the necessary things .

Flight was for 1:20pm but we left some minutes to 2pm. Flight to Addis Ababa was smooth, less than 2hrs layover then we proceeded to Dublin where we landed just to refuel and then final lap to Canada YYZ.

I didn't spend up to 1hr at YYZ from the point of disembarking to exit home.  Everything was straightforward and smooth, no queue at immigration,  got my luggage in time and my friend came to pick me . The ride home was less than 20mins and that was it.

Monday I went to service Canada for my SIN, opened my bank account and got my mobile number.

I'm grateful to God for the entire PR process which I started in Dec 2019 and for this new phase I have entered in Canada, grateful for the information and guidance on this platform. Special thanks to a member of this forum that assisted me when I needed to pay for my RPRF with a credit card.

I wish everyone still in this PR process all the best. May it end in Landing stories for us all.

Cheers.

43 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
REDBULL1:

Oh boy, I submitted March 10, no mail till date.
And when I mailed VFS Accra to ask if it's there, they said they didn't have my records. Tracking on the website, said the package is still in transit after a whopping 20+ days. I just weak.

Haaa! This is crazy.
Try the Web chat option to speak with vfs lagos.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
REDBULL1:

Please did you receive an email when your package got to VFS Accra?
Yes I did, 2 weeks after submitting to vfs lagos

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
icehot:

How long ago did you submit? And to what VFS?

Submitted to vfs lagos on 8th Feb.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
slydog:

I got this from vfs but no update on my profile:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 31 2022 and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global

I also got this 2 mails today. I am waiting to see if passport will be delivered to me tomorrow.
So could it be that they stamped your passport and didn't update your profile
Maybe you can confirm from the DHL office you used if indeed they have been contacted to come pick up

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
slydog:

Pls how do u know when counterfoil is generated?

Your application decision will show approved then under the document status you will see counterfoil number

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
slydog:

Chai, who can I Sendmail to on my own. Nothing at all being done

I only have the email address that informed me of my missing photo.
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
You can try.
From recent trends approval and counterfoil happens on Thursdays and Fridays. Hopefully yours will be in the batch of this week

2 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
angrybutsane:

please when did u send?

mine got to accra and sent to ircc on 9th march, . till waiting. hoping i get counterfoil this week.

My passport got to IRCC since Feb 23rd. 4 weeks before counterfoil, although there was a challenge of missing passport photo for me
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
slydog:

How far bro? Anything from this guys?
See someone with our timeline already has he's coming back

So my application approved and counterfoil generated on 25th , but I am yet to get any notification that the passport has been dispatched for return to lagos.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2022

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
slydog:

Bro, whats up. Have u heard from the clowns in Accra?

I haven't heard anything. Already 4 full weeks my passport got to IRCC accra
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
temmitats:
Haaa I’ve submitted without LOE, thank you sha �
Your submitting without LOE shouldn't be a problem. It's still fine.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
temmitats:
Did you use only the letter or you added the statement as well? You know they send two documents.

I attached the axa mansard letter and added a LOE

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
temmitats:
Good morning everyone, please is there anyone that used Axa mansard for their Proof of funds? I’ld like to ask you a few questions ,and could I please be added to the OINP group, if one exists.
I used Axa mansard

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
tshtsh:

I believe it was VFS accra that requested for your passport picture as I don't think IRCC will accept an application without a passport photo

I don't know, see below address, maybe it's that of vfs ghana

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
BurnaBurna:
WHAT

When did you get this mail ?

I got it on Wed morning.

Gquest:
Huh That's not fair. What solution did they propose?

They asked me to send passport photograph again, either through vfs lagos or directly to their Visa office.
I don't have energy to go through vfs lagos( they will use 2weeks to transmit to Ghana) so I opted to send directly to the Visa office.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2022
BurnaBurna:
Yea, so passports are getting stuck at IRCC office Accra. Mine has been sitting in IRCC/Accra for 2 weeks now, others are sitting there for five weeks now. I hope they wont keep it for months like they did during pandemic time. I'm already regretting sending to Accra sef.

It's not funny again sef. After no update for 3 weeks. They sent me a mail that they didn't see my passport photograph.
New PPR should just send to other VO like London or Cairo whether you are in a hurry to travel or not. Accra VO is stress.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Thossiey:

Mine was "transmitted" feb 11th got to Accra Feb 28th. Don't know when it will be returned. Fingers crossed at this point. Read somewhere it takes like 6 weeks max.

We have to keep waiting till they stamp. Accra VO and their wahala.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 9:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
BurnaBurna:
Mine is 9 days but i've seen someone waiting since Feb. 10. Whats happening like this ?

Feb 9
Ha!!!
We have entered this one big time..
No option than chill and wait

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
BurnaBurna:
Guys, how long is your passport staying at IRCC/Accra High commission for stamping ?
� � lol
How long has your passport been with them?
By Tuesday it will be 2 weeks mine has been with them
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
slydog:

Does it mean when they send you tracking code and that your doc is in Trans they are lying?
Sent from ph on the 15th
Dhl delivered on 16th
They acknowledged on the 18th with the tracking code. Till now it's still in Transit.
Wonder when it'll get to Accra and IRCC

Lol.. I don't know how or why my passport took 2 whole weeks to get to IRCC Ghana.
I also use to think the moment you get tracking number it means the passport is on the way to Ghana.
Anyways no option than to chill.. I already prepared my mind that the whole thing will take 4weeks to get back to me.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
Gquest:
@1cor2v9

Considering the pandemic, is there any post on passport submission to Lagos VFS office to send to ACCRA? I couldn't find any information here

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/56#109406795

Read this post.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
Mstomie:
I sent mine on the 14th of February through Abuja vfs

Hopefully you should get an update by this time next week.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
Mstomie:
hi hi,

Any update / movement on your passport.

I sent mine in as well from Abuja and there’s no update yet except the tracking ID.

When did you send yours?
I sent mine through lagos vfs on 8th Feb and got an update yesterday that it arrived Accra.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
MrPein:
Hi guys
Please I have seen two opinions with respect to sending docs to vfs. Please I need clarification.
Is one to pay for just one-way? Or
Two-way courier?

Thanks

If you pay one way you will still go back and pay for them to return the passport.. Better to pay 2 way now and rest

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
JudiTee:

Big big congratulations to you grin
icehot:

Congratulations

GraciousWords:

Congrats!!! We are grateful for all PPRs but Accra VO PPRs are special!

Nonylistic001:
Congratulations�����

Allegory:

Congratulations

Ovywils:

Congratulations �

Thank you so much guys

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
pufframmy:
congrat

Dimple10:
Yaay...congrats!!!!

Any request or ADR

Thanks
No extra Requests or ADR

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
PPR ALERT !!!!!!!!!!

AOR: 25th Sept 2020
RPRF: 28th Nov 2020
REMED : 2nd Dec 2021 passed 10th Jan 2022
PPR: Today 1st Feb

Visa Office: Accra Office.

41 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.