Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Help, Virus Suspected! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help, Virus Suspected! (587 Views)

SUSPECTED METEOR: Unease As ‘mystery Stone’falls From The Sky In Taraba / The Man Who Created The AIDS Virus And What He Has To Say About The U.S / Man Injects Himself With A Computer Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help, Virus Suspected! by paranorman(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ever since i inserted this usb stick, i think the system has gone a lil bit slower. Though the antiV(McAFee) detected the Virus/malware and got it fixed(so it told me), i think i didnt at all...
So, when i ever i browse through files, i keep on seeing this created files (a copy of the files i originally created)with names that starts with special characters. For example, i stored a file with janecv.doc, i get to see a a copy with ~$jane.doc. This 'new' created copies are hidden. But somehow, the view hidden feature gets activated itself and suddenly alow me view this 'new' file copy.
Wetin man go do now..?! Abeg, let the geeks help me before worry kill me for here. Its windows8.1. I don scan the system tire.
Re: Help, Virus Suspected! by ITbomb(m): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Those are temporary files that Office create for you each time you open a word document, under normal circumstances when you close the word program successfully, the temporary files should disappear automatically.

That is the reason they say that hidden files should remain hidden so that people would not mess up with system files thinking that it is a virus.

(1) (Reply)

How To Browse Safely From HACKERS Anywhere In The World Using Mozilla Firefox / Uyo Based Start Innovation Hub Wins 2nd Prize In 2015 Space Apps Challenge / How To Download Youtube Videos To Your PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.