Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

When It Comes To Food(fun Time) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When It Comes To Food(fun Time) (635 Views)

Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? / Write About Food & Fun / Antidote To Food Poison : A Must Read For All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When It Comes To Food(fun Time) by DONSIA(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
When it comes to food, trust me some Nigerians do
know how to combine but some food combinations
marvel me and i begin to wonder how some enjoy
eating such combinations.
Some strange combinations i have come across include the following (if you have been a student of tertiary institutions, you would also agree with some grin
1. Rice and Yam with Okro Soup: Rice is highly rich in
carbohydrates so also is yam and adding the 'draw' feel of Okra; known in many English-speaking countries as 'lady's fingers' is a "balanced diet" combination for those who eat such. Please don't puke if the mere picturing this food combination irritate you

2.Indomie and yam: Just pass by most mallam food
sellers at night especially in parts of Lagos and you see
some northern and Niger folks eating this combination after a tedious work day. Like P-sqaure would say, 'haba habactically!'

3. Ewedu, Egusi, Efo Riro, Bitterleaf Soup Combination:
I know some may argue this but it's definitely true.
Some even do worse combination and you wonder
how they wouldn't have stomach 'earthquake or diarrhea.

4. Pounded Yam/Amala/Eba/Fufu with fried egg: We are used to eating meat, fish or other protein with these staple food but in the absence of the mentioned
protein, some would eat fried egg to 'balance it'. At
least, protein na protein

5. Concotion rice with Garri: This usually is the practice in students' campuses - especially during exams time when 'owu don blow person' - during which money and food are scarce and everyone seem to be in examination mood. During this period, most are even thankful for something to eat!

6. Garri and maltina: Since Garri (processed cassava
flour) which is almost entirely carbohydrate, it is then
good to step it down with very rich multivitamin drink,
isnt it?

7. Bread and Plantain: Since people eat hot-dog,
preparing and eating customized African hot-dog is not bad after all!
Kindly share yours too

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria to Distribute Over A Million Clean Cook Stoves Free To Citizens / If A Food Like Beans Is Cooked On Xmas Day In Your House. / Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.