Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? (3774 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Did Jesus Curse The FIG TREE / The Spiritual Meaning Of The Cursed Fig Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Blenvado(m): 12:53am On Nov 17, 2014
In the book of Mark 11:12-25 New International Version (NIV)

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry.
13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.
14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it....

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

Since the Bible clearly stated that "it was not the season for fig", why did Jesus curse the fig tree then? Afterall it was not its season to bring forth fruits...!!!
Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Blenvado(m): 1:21am On Nov 17, 2014
After a Sunday Service where the Pastor had read the scripture above about the fig tree and how Jesus Cursed the tree becos it failed to bring forth fruit, I kept wondering to myself throughout the service and even several weeks later if it was fair for Jesus to'd cursed that tree. Would it not had been justified if it was the season for fig and that tree in particular didn't produce fruit in spite of its season and then Jesus had gone ahead to curse it? Well, I asked the Lord Jesus himself to explain why a tree would be so cursed that in less than 24 hours it withered from its root. I was glad when he opened my eyes to see and have a clearer and deeper understanding of what exactly transpired on that fateful day...!!!

I want to share the Rhema on that and several others for our edification and learning...!!!

Pls feel free to drop your thought as well lets do it together...!!!
Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by ibkgab001: 1:37am On Nov 17, 2014
For the Bible says... "whatever i bind on earth shall be bind in Heaven" i think that is what happened......

Copied
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+11%3A12-25

“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[d] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Blenvado(m): 1:44am On Nov 17, 2014
Meanwhile, i had to show for clarity pictures of a fig tree with leaves and that of a withered one...!!!

Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Blenvado(m): 1:44am On Nov 17, 2014
Withered one...!!

Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Blenvado(m): 1:49am On Nov 17, 2014
Came across this site during my study and felt i should share someone else's thought on the same subject including a comment from that site

http://www.biblemesh.com/blog/jesus-and-the-fig-tree/

Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 17, 2014
Mango I know, Cashew I know. But fig I know not

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree? by oluwalfa: 9:10am On Nov 17, 2014
apologising for jesus.

(1) (Reply)

(Tweets)Earthquake Rocking Nepal, And Christians Are Selling Christ / The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. / Who Is Oduduwa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.