Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG (29283 Views)

Austerity Measures: Savings Account Bank Customers Now Pay Tax / Solution To Austerity Measures / FG Introduces Austerity Measures To Secure Nigeria Economy,cause By Oil Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by experimentist: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
baba11:
abi u want me make I call Oga jona now... grin angry grin grin
Who be Jona? Na boko haram member? cry
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Princelyod(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
citizenisb:
APC comment on the new Austerity measures:

The All Progressives Congress, through its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, described the proposed austerity measures as a reflection of the massive corruption inherent in the Jonathan-led Peoples Democratic Party government .

It argued that it was unfair for the Federal Government to subject Nigerians to austerity measures after frittering away the “petrodollars accruable to the country in the last 15 years.”

The APC said, “This country enjoyed high crude oil prices in the last 15 years. What has the PDP-led Federal Government done with the money in the last 15 years? They simply frittered the money away in massive corruption and misgovernment.nonsense! This is playing mind game on nigerians.who were in PDP before now? Same people in APC I guess.this is pure mind came and afront to us all.Read this with your mind at your own detriment.

They now want Nigerians to pay for their corruption and misdirection. Are Nigerians not already under austerity measure? They only want to impoverish us the more. Their ultimate aim is to devalue the naira; that’s their ultimate destination and this is very unfair.

“To make Nigerians, who did not participate in corruption, to suffer is not fair. What provisions have they made for the rainy days?”
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by abagnalie: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Una never see anyfin.no be una. Vote gudluck.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by makazona(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lordtrillion:
Challenges have always brought out the best in people. Lets see how we as a country can rise up against this challenge without trading blames. What has happened has happened. APC Blaming PDP won't stop the problem. Lets come together as a nation and forge ahead irrespective of our differences. Stop the blame and fix the problem. I believe the Great Giant of Africa can still stand tall among her peers. But thats only if we can come together as one Nation and fix this problem once and for all smiley . Peace
a million likes for thatsensible comment
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by mlane: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
The fall in oil price is not caused by Iweala or Jonathan. Let us have that in mind before we commence debate on this issue.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by InvertedHammer: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
/
My position on Ngozi Iweala remains same--she is a paper tiger and clueless.

I have made this position known in some forum like naijaobserver mostly frequented by Nigerian intellectuals such as VC Aluko, and
other notable Nigerians from world class universities such as Oxford, Havard, Cambridge, etc.

I stated that Okonjo Iweala worked for World Bank where duties and responsibilities are clearly spelt out under the supervision of
white overlords. Her job was to follow already laid down protocols and procedures which any reasonable monkey with some
training can do. The interview process is just to weed out candidates based on paper qualifications.

Now throw the same Okonjo in a crappy economy like Nigeria she has become like a deer caught in headlights.
It does not help that she is functioning under the leadership of an inebriated President

\

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Akiika: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
GEJ forever!
Una neva saka, when poverty kill una finish, una eye go clear say religious and tribal sentiments will not produce a competent leader.
The present crop of gangsters have ran the country to the ground.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by baba11(m): 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
experimentist:
Who be Jona? Na boko haram member? cry
hahaha...u wan go kirikimi again wia u go dey put pupu 4 warder food abi...I be ssg oooo....lols grin grin grin
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by holatin(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
this take me back to fela teacher no teach me nonsense.

Problems of inflation
Problems of corruption
Of mismanagement
Stealing by government
Nothing we dey carry
All over Afrika
Na de latest one
Na him dey make me laugh
AUSTERITY (*after each line)
Austeri-
Austeri-
Na him dey latest one
Na him dey make me laugh
Why I dey laugh?
Man no fit cry?

an except from d song.
Nigeria is on d path of destruction if a saviour don't come soon
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
gbam!

There are dangerous times ahead!

The America's Ebola hoax and their CIA sponsored Boko Haram would be allowed by our toothless govt to terrorise and be used as weapons of control in coming weeks as violence and unrest is fomented to give perfect excuse for NATO intervention with ultimate goal of breaking Nigeria.

Start making plans to keep your family and love ones safe should the worst come to the worst.
oduastates:
Austerity :aka

You suffer, we enjoy

............and continue stealing.

For those who are not well versed,Austerity goes like this.
1There is a downturn In the economy.
2 the money going out is more than what is coming in.
Basically spending more than you earn( akotileta).

The sensible thing to do,
Cut waste,tax the wealthy and only concentrate on the essential.
Waste like constituency projects, Abuja tower,closing down or handing over all the rubbish glorified landing strips("airport "wink,reducing the number of ministries and getting rid of political jobbers like the assistant to the assistant deputy assistant to the minister of education.

What they willactually do :

1 Nothing about the waste and corruption
2 remove Subsidy but continue to award Subsidy
3 borrow borrow but it will all end in foreign banks
4 the number of private jet will continue to increase
5 they will start selling government property to themselves for peanuts( refineries, railways, government buildings, airports etc
6(..........put anything want in this space...............

What will happen
1 your petrol prices will rise, expect N150 per litre.
2 expect to pay more than N200 for $1
3 Everything imported into the country will get more expensive like rice( that one for ekiti). Since we make almost nothing,you will become poorer.fori instance, most nigerians are more or less 21% poorer than they were 2 months ago from the recent devaluation alone. You will be paying 20 naira more for every N100 you spend.
4 predictable,the useless civil service will go on strike
5 every other thing after number 4

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by ibro360(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
when there was oil excess fund we did nt hear any thing but nw dat there is a decline they are telling us to prepare because nw our suffering will continue

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by experimentist: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
baba11:
hahaha...u wan go kirikimi again wia u go dey put pupu 4 warder food abi...I be ssg oooo....lols grin grin grin
abeg o, no go there!
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by baba11(m): 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
experimentist:
abeg o, no go there!
I be a very good boi na...me I no dey do skunks and co ooo...may you not go dia again...
Aaaaammmiiiiiiin

Signing out

My regards to una swty character abi na caracter sef..lolsssss grin grin grin
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by anonimi: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
oduastates:
Everything imported into the country will get more expensive like rice( that one for ekiti). Since we make almost nothing,you will become poorer.

Seems you are out of sync with the current realities in the country.

The smart team of Jonathan/Sambo have been diversifying our economy with local production of cement, vehicles, rice, cassava, cocoa etc, which reduces our import bill while broadening our export basket. Otherwise the impact of the dropping oil prices would have meant worse austerity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Youngzedd(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
Chai!

Fresh air don seize.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by experimentist: 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
baba11:
I be a very good boi na...me I no dey do skunks and co ooo...may you not go dia again...
Aaaaammmiiiiiiin

Signing out

My regards to una swty character abi na caracter sef..lolsssss grin grin grin
Na wa for you o.. Her name na Caracta, shey dey bathroom now.. wink
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Caracta(f): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
experimentist:

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by experimentist: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Caracta:

cheesy hi, sweetheart. Long time no see? cry
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by baba11(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
experimentist:
...****covers face*******
&%$#%*-+Run out of thread asap######
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by olola4(m): 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
What else do u expect from a clueless administration... SMH.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by farem: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
To tighten our belt?
What happen to;
1. $20b
2.NBillions spent on saTANists
3.NTrillions of subsidy scams
4. NBillions of our Pension fund
5. NBillions spent on INEC ....

We have tighten belt enough, it is time for us too to have a better pair of shoes.
HOW COME MR SHOELESS is wasting our money,

When it was said that Economy was not alright by APC, Can somebody quote the responses of the following;
1.Madam moribund economiss (Iweala)
2. Olisa Methuselah
3 A-bat
4.Attack dog
5. other e-blind supporters (home and abroad)
IT IS NOT UP TO 6 MONTH O

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by sosereal201(m): 12:11am On Nov 18, 2014
The reason past and present government refused to look to the non oil sectors is because it will take us a bit of time to develop the sectors and make money off them but the oil sector is already there,pumping in money steadily.so,they naturally felt it will delay their embezzlement because of that they didn't bother with any other sector except the oil.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by dissskirt: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2014
citizenisb:
“The drop in oil prices is a serious challenge which we must confront as a country. We must be prepared to make sacrifices where necessary. But we should also not forget that we re­tain some important advantages such as a broad economic base driven by the private sector and anchored on sound policies. Our strategy is to continue to strengthen the sectors that drive growth such as agriculture and housing while reducing waste with a renewed focus on prudence,” she noted.

Recalling that in the last three years, the executive, in its discussions on the budget with the National Assembly has consistently advocated prudence and a low budget benchmark to encourage more savings. She stressed that even though the drop in oil prices is a serious challenge, it is also an opportunity for the country to focus on greater diver­sift cation and refocus efforts towards the non-oil sectors in preparation for a future with less oil revenue.
at the bolded, is it now that the oil prices have dropped that the opportunity to focus efforts on non-oil sectors suddenly arose ? If we were to go back to secondary school debates, your guess is as good as mine.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91265
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Muzikluva(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2014
They should have said prepare for extra and harder austerity measures!Giggerish talk!! The highly depended upon source of loot is dwindling and naw the 'polithieves' are desperate to stay in the 'thieving zone'. God save Nigeria.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by COMPAQ(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2014
She didnt mention anything about the fact that decline in oil prices means that weshould be spending much less on subsidy as well. The budgeted amount for subsidy which should now be too much should be re directed to other parts of the economy. A gallon of oil in the USA as at 2 weeks ago when I was there was about $2.50, which equates to about N108 per litre. So at N97 we are not subsidising much anymore.
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by armadeo(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
[

Everybody go know say there is new sheriff in town called poverty.

/

Lol. This isn't funny though

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by revolt(m): 12:19am On Nov 20, 2014
arsetalks:
Are you serious? Okay, answer these questions.

1. What has government done with the extra money made from increasing the fuel pump price?

2. What has government done with the excess accrued from the extremely high oil prices when we had the benchmark price at $70? and price was circa $100-$140

3. Who has stopped the government from been less dependent on oil?

4. Why must the masses suffer for government incompetence? Do you expect the masses to be the ones ensuring the money from oil subsidy is been well and rightly spent?

5. If there is fraud, why has no one been jailed? Or is it the masses that will prosecute those who are enriching themselves at the disadvantage of the general citizenry?
. JUST one question for you,

What has govt done with all the money allocated to NITEL since it gave out GSM licences?

IF u can answer this question then uve been redeemed..
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 20, 2014
[size=25pt]Important Public Service announcement:[/size]

Fellow Nigerians and Africans:

The white man is stealthily waging a war against us and most of us are blissfully unaware of this.

[size=18pt]The use of hoax deadly viruses to economically exploit and to depopulate Africa by using fear and panic to coerce Africans to take poisonous medications and vaccines .[/size]

HIV and Ebola do not exist.

Don't believe me? Please do not read any further and immediately google "Ebola hoax" and "HIV/AIDS hoax "

The treatment of HIV /AIDS is what up to now they have been using to depopulate millions of African and profiting the white man.

By selling us condoms he is even taxing us every time we have sex.

Ebola is the "new HIV"

The so-called Ebola outbreak is a psychological terrorism using hundreds of paid actors across dozens of countries including the corrupt W.H.O. who is founded by members of the same foundation/Think Tank advocating for global depopulation (Rockefeller Foundation)

The white man who has been trying to wipe us out for centuries found these two deadly diseases amongst our people both in 1976 and we are not sceptical?

As the oldest race in the world we have survived probably hundreds of thousands of years without any deadly disease, yet our genocidal enemy just happens to be in our midst when he discovers not one but 3 deadly viruses in our midst all in resource rich regions of Africa all in one year (1976) HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Marsburg virus. The odds of this being true are so low that it would be fair to conclude it is impossible.

Fellow Africans the white man has unfinished business with us. He wants our total destruction (by stealth) all because we are sitting on the natural resources he wants.

We do not have a government to protect us so do not rely or depend on it. Unfortunate the imperialist seem to have captured and held our government hostage by whatever means, such that they do whatever they are told to do.
Case in point the fake Ebola crisis that played out for some weeks in Nigeria. Which is likely to re-emerge to add to the terror that is being inflicted on us.

White imperialist nations has been conducting a stealth war against us for decades if not
centuries to wipe us without success. Lets not forget the lessons of how he destroyed the native Americans, The Amazonian Indians, The Aborigines, Natives of New Zealand all of whom he as virtually wiped out and dispossessed them of their land and resources.

Make no mistake a deadly stealth war is being waged against Africans and all their descendants.

We need to fight this war starting by first getting ourselves enlightened. We do not have a government that can protect us so it is going to be every man for himself.

[size=18pt]Looming Crisis in Nigeria that has been engineered by imperialist nations to occur in Nigeria[/size]

We in Nigeria have been set up experience wicked, punishing hardship, unrest and killings by agents of the imperialists white man in the coming weeks.

The CIA sponsored paid mindless thugs called Boko Haram as already started to set the country on fire.

It is rumoured that the imperialist white man is planning to set this country ablaze in the biggest smash and grab operation the white man has ever carried out in Africa.

By fomenting sectarian killings and unrest it is suspected that the imperialist America may send in troops on the pretext of securing peace, but what ultimately they may be planning is to break Nigeria into several weakling nations with puppet leaders and in the process grab and secure all the resources-rich areas for themselves to steal our natural resources.

Fellow Nigerians because of this imminent violence that is about to explode, I suggest that you start making plans for the protection and if necessary for the evacuation of your families to safer areas or villages.

Prices of everything is going to double. Oil prices is in free fall all has been calculated and designed by America ( who has power to control oil prices and Nigeria's inflation rate) to add hunger to fuel the fire .

[size=18pt]What You Can Do To Protect Yourself And Your Family[/size]

As mentioned earlier: Start making immediate security plans to protect and or evacuate your family to known safe areas in the event of outbreak of murderous violence.

remember to avoid all vaccines produced by the imperialist white nations
Not Ebola, HIV, measles stop taking any vaccines.

Do not take up any offers of free medical health checks from their NGOs, Reject their family planning. Find other ways to protect ourselves from contagious diseases.

Rather than use the condoms manufactured by the imperialist white man which contain toxic chemicals that can damage your health, save money on condoms and we should make our own or abstain from unsafe sexual practices such as casual penetrative sex including penetrative sex with sex workers and anal sex .

Stop eating foods and consuming any products imported from imperialist countries. Start growing your own food.

Stop smoking cigarettes, chewing gum, using deodorant or toothpaste and other toiletries from imperialist nations.

Ladies, you are their special targets. You are the people that are going to deliver our next generation so you would be targeted.

Be very sceptical of any free medical health checks from their "charity NGO".
They would like to make you unhealthy and ultimately infertile.
Consider getting make-up and other hair products and toiletries from other sources.

Lets all utilise locally produced products that we can trust or from trustworthy countries.

The best way for us to fight this war is to boycott every product produced by these imperialist countries that we are able to do without or find other sources.

Educate yourselves about how vaccines are being used to depopulate us.

Please share share share (NL would not be allowed to put this thread on the front page) So please share it at least once daily and like every positive post.

Start this thread on other social media: facebook' twitter' instagram etc. Also go into my profile and follow me.

God bless and stay healthy and safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl

[size=18pt]
Finally to help to protect yourselves from at least some of the hardship that is coming your way, as the Naira continues to free fall take the following advice very seriously:
With immediate effect if you have any savings withdraw it all and use it to buy any asset you could re-sell later at a much higher price after the devaluation has bottomed out.[/size]
Re: Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG by arsetalks(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2014
revolt:
. JUST one question for you,

What has govt done with all the money allocated to NITEL since it gave out GSM licences?

IF u can answer this question then uve been redeemed..
How is this question meant for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) / Naira Tumbles To N435/$1 At Official Market As CBN Adjusts Forex Rate / Ownership Of Oil Palm Giant, Presco Returns To Nigeria After 33-Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.