Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,594 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

Re-discovering Your Career Passion - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Re-discovering Your Career Passion (452 Views)

Do You Have Passion For Teaching? / Build Your Career @ Jarushub Career Academy / Wanted! Are You Into Modeling ?are You Bold, Beautiful And Have Passion 4 Model? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re-discovering Your Career Passion by CVWizards(m): 5:44am On Nov 17, 2014
Do you ever feel like you’ve lost touch with the enthusiasm and passion you once felt about your career?

Remember when you were just starting-out at your first job, or you were a recent graduate? You probably thought that any job would be available to you; that every employer would want to hire you. You were excited about your prospects and believed that you had something wonderful to share.

But now that you’ve been in the work-world for quite a while, and have had a series of jobs with several different companies, have you become cynical or resigned in your work-attitude? Are you unsure as to which direction to turn next?

As a professional Career Consultant, I have found that this loss of career passion and enthusiasm is very common – and it’s one of my most troubling observations.

To address this problem, I came up with an amazingly simple exercise. It helps them understand why this has happened to them, and what steps they need to take to re-discover their career passion.

If you’re thinking, “It’s too late for me,” I’d like to challenge you on that assumption. Allow me to show you how, by performing an internal evaluation and re-visiting your true priorities, you really can re-discover the career of your dreams!

Ready to get started?

Complete the following sentences without “over thinking” your answers. You may list multiple answers for each of the items below. Be sure to keep your responses focused only on the career/work aspects of your life:

1. In my free time, the activities or hobbies I like to do best are …

2. Whenever I go to a bookstore, the section(s) I always seem to be drawn to are …

3. My closest friends work in the following fields/businesses or professions …

4. The kinds of environments I feel most comfortable working in are …

5. My friends/colleagues/family have often told me that I should be a …

6. The things that have always motivated me most are …

7. I have often been praised for my work in …

8. If I were to get involved in volunteer work (unpaid), I’d like to work in the field of …

9. I love to …

10. I am passionate about …

11. I am excited about …

12. What I really like is …

13. My greatest contribution is …

14. I am particularly good at …

15. I am known for …

16. I have an exceptional ability to … Read complete article at: http://blog.cvwizards.com.ng/?p=279

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Hundreds of graduates and professionals have used our services to secure high-paying jobs with Oil companies, Banks, Multinationals etc. We can help you achieve yours too. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
*CV distribution service (Subscribe to this service and get your CV in front of top Nigerian recruiters and employers)

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.

(1) (Reply)

Sales Assistants In A Fragrance And Cosmetics Company / Entertainment Business / Business Manager Urgently Need In A Technology IT Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.