Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend (6166 Views)

''Nigerian Politicians With Houses & Businesses In UAE'' - Sahara Reporters / 10 Most Romantic Nigerian Politicians ; With The Pictures Of Their Romantic Hand / Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2014
I wondered if this was a political stunt or just a mere coincidence.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos and the national leader of APC is a Muslim but married to senator Oluremi, who is a christian and reportedly a member of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.

Next is Babatunde Raji Fashola, the incumbent governor of Lagos and also an APC chieftain, he is a Muslim, but is also married to Abimbola a Christian.

Next is Hon. Ikuforiji, the speaker of Lagos House of Assembly and an Apc stalwart, he is also a Muslim but in his case his wife is not just a Christian but an ordained pastor.

This is a good trend of religious tolerance in politics.

Do you think its a political stunt or just coincidence?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arabbunkum: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Muslim women are unattractive.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2014
arabbunkum:
I believe when the Mrs. Nairaland ended, Mr. Nairaland kicks in..

Now, for both your sake, I believe Mr. Foolish will kick in right after...I'm nominating you in advance...

That being said: Yorubas dnt care much abt tribe/religion. U dnt av to biliv that...it's a fact

12 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 8:49am On Nov 17, 2014
Hope the progressives can also advice buhari to follow this tactical approach to religious tolerance. That could help his image.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by GEJfan1: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2014
Yoruba do nt care abt religion.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 9:45am On Nov 17, 2014
Hope all the Lagos state governorship aspirants are taking note of this trend.

You can be a Muslim, but you must marry a Christian wife to win Lagos.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2014
the answer is simple and straight though annoying but its the truth.

they don't want their children to grow up and become extremists or religious fanatics.

Muslim youths are easily brain washed along religious lines unlike their christian counter parts or even the juju worshipers.

it has nothing to do with their parents wealth

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by kettykin: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:
Hope all the Lagos state governorship aspirants are taking note of this trend.

You can be a Muslim, but you must marry a Christian wife to win Lagos.
so who marries the muslim women , are they not marriable
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2014
kettykin:

so who marries the muslim women , are they not marriable

I think the clause is only for aspiring leaders in Lagos. Its called flowing with the tide.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by OgologoDimkpa: 11:39am On Nov 17, 2014
GoatluckJonafuck:
Yoruba do nt care abt religion.
Said Who?
Why the sudden craze for Jihad Hijab among your girls
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by kettykin: 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I think the clause is only for aspiring leaders in Lagos. Its called flowing with the tide.

Thank you for the clarification in other words the tide could change tomorrow but this differs very much from the tenets of Christianity which enjoins genuine Christians not be unequally yoked with unbelievers and differs very much from genuine islam which refers to Christians as Infidels but yoruba Christians and Muslims have now changed the basic laws of Christianity and islam .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
I believe the same thing goes for Oyo and Ogun's state governors too.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
django1:

Are you sure about this?
Please bring more proofs if possible.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:

Said Who?
Why the sudden craze for Jihad Hijab among your girls
Noo . they should not practise their religion again nao..
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
arabbunkum:
Don't start. You're warned. Edit your comment.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
django1:
Including Governor Abdulfatai of Kwara State who is married to a christian. Even the late Olusola Saraki of Kwara State was married to a christian wife.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by PriceOfGarri(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
With their Christian wives, their children are definitely going to be liberal!

No brain washing, no extreme practices, no breeding of potential terrorists! :p

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by donmalcolm21(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
T
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Ventura1: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hon kuforiji is a christian, his first name is michael
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arsetalks(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mate, it is not a political stunt, it further shows the religion diversity of the of the south west. It is the main reason why it is rare to see people in the south west believing the lies from GEJ and his fans that Buhari and by extention APC will Islamise the country.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arsetalks(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
I believe when the Mrs. Nairaland ended, Mr. Nairaland kicks in..

Now, for both your sake, I believe Mr. Foolish will kick in right after...I'm nominating you in advance...

That being said: Yorubas dnt care much abt tribe/religion. U dnt av to biliv that...it's a fact
Legendary
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arsetalks(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:
Hope the progressives can also advice buhari to follow this tactical approach to religious tolerance. That could help his image.
EEYAH,. I can understand your pain. You have so much believed GEJ and PDP's evil lie so much that you do not know that Buhari's son is married to a Christian.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
arsetalks:
EEYAH,. I can understand your pain. You have so much believed GEJ and PDP's evil lie so much that you do not know that Buhari's son is married to a Christian.
Really?
Pictures or I don't believe it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arsetalks(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Really?
Pictures or I don't believe it.
Daft like MR Shoeless.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
Who wants to breed terrorists?
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Trailblazer1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
arsetalks:
Daft like MR Shoeless.

This thread had no political undertone until you arrived.
You decided to tag me with a party of your choice by quoting my candid advise.
Now you called me daft like Mr shoeless,

If being daft will make me the next president like GEJ, please I want to be more daft than GEJ so that I can rule wise and intelligent people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by NewNigeriaMind: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
OP THIS IS YORUBA LAND

WE DONT CARE ABOUT RELIGION HERE.

THERE IS AS MUCH AS CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS IN EVERY YORUBA ENCLAVE.........

WE DO NOT CARE I REPEAT ABOUT RELIGION.

I LOVE MY MUSLIM NEIGBOURS AS MUCH AS LOVE MY CHRISTIAN NEIGBOURS.......

ALSO A YORUBA MUSLIM IS WAY AHEAD AND DIFFERENT FROM THE NROTHERN MUSLIM.

SE O TI GBO.....

IN OTHER NEWS

Twitter has been translated to Yoruba which means we can all tweet in Yoruba now.

I use this opportunity to call on all Nigerians including Ibo and Hausa to support the trend and make our very own Yoruba a global language.

Thank you all in advance.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
It is simple, Yorubas don't care about politics of religion. The groups that take it as a priority are the Northerners and South Easterners. In fact, South Easterners also consider whether one is Anglican, Catholic or Pentecostal. In the SS we don't gv a damn about it just like the SW. Asari Dokubo is a Muslim, though was born into a Christian Family, but nobody cares much. His kids are practising muslims but again the Ijaws don't see it as important.

@OP: you can keep your religious fanaticism to wherever you are from. Lagos State that I know don't give a fvck about it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
arsetalks:
Daft like MR Shoeless.
forget d attention seeker
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by arsetalks(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:

This thread had no political undertone until you arrived.
You decided to tag me with a party of your choice by quoting my candid advise.
Now you called me daft like Mr shoeless,

If being daft will make me the next president like GEJ, please I want to be more daft than GEJ so that I can rule wise and intelligent people like you.
No political undertone? Seriously? Are you this daft or trying to show Mr Shoeless you can outdo him?
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by adconline(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
Did u know that IBB married a Christian from Igbo speaking part of Delta? But he still joined Naija to Organisation of Islamic Conference-OIC! If he didn't respect the religious beliefs of his wife, he wouldnt care much about yours.
Re: Muslim Politicians With Christian Wives: A Lagos Trend by Canme4u(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Are you sure about this?
Please bring more proofs if possible.

Yes, I know of Governor Abiola Ajimobi's wife. Don't know about Amosun thou.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Equipments, Megastructures That Costs Below $2billion. / Corecting The Lies About 100 Biafrans Burnt To Death By Hausa PHOTOS / NCCSALW To Establish Zonal Headquarters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.