Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,904 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha (913 Views)

Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / Probe CAN, TAN, Super-rich Nigerians, Anglican Bishop Urges Buhari / Igwe Of Ukpo(anambra) Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2014
Former military head of state and perennial presidential
aspirant, Muhammadu Buhari, has a well known
Southern problem. Despite having made three attempts
to become civilian president, he has been unable to
make appreciable inroad in the Southern part of the
country. For instance, in 2011, Buhari did not get up to
25% of the votes in any state in the South.
On why he consistently gets the cold shoulder from
Southerners, many cite the fact that after every election,
the retired general retires to the North, and hardly
makes attempts to reach out to the electorate in the
South until it is election time again.
That cycle seems to be repeating itself again. With just
four months to next year’s elections, Buhari – who has
has not actively reached out to the South since 2011 –
has begun another attempt to woo them over.
Last weekend, he was in Onitsha, the commercial city of
Anambra where he attended the burial of Chief Chike
Ofodile (SAN), the man who served as Attorney-
General of the Federation, under Buhari.
On why he was persistent in contesting the presidential
election even after three occasions and failing, Buhari
said that he was doing it because of his desire “to
institute social justice, adequate security and economic
recovery”.
Accompanied by the senator representing the Anambra
Central zone, Dr. Chris Ngige, the APC aspirant was
cheered on by APC supporters who sang and beat
drums to welcome him.
While in Onitsha, Buhari visited the country home of
Nigeria’s first president, the late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe,
where they were received by his first son, Chief
Chukwuma Bamidele Azikiwe.
He also visited the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred
Nnaemeka Achebe, at the Government Reservation
Area (GRA), Onitsha. The late Ofodile, who served
under Buhari’s administration, was the Onowu Iyasele
(Prime Minister of Onitsha).
Buhari and his entourage also visited the Anglican
Bishop of the Niger, Rt. Rev. Dr. Owen Nwokolo,
before departing to Asaba Airport from where he
boarded a flight back to Abuja.
He said Ofodile performed creditably as his then justice
minister, adding that he was particularly impressed with
Ofodile for defending him properly at the Justice
Chukwudifu Oputa panel set up by President Olusegun
Obasanjo to verify the activities of past regimes. He
added that it was Ofodile that volunteered himself and
went to the panel to defend him.
Buhari and Ngige, paid their last respects by the
remains of the late lawyer at his residence.

www.thescoopng.com/buhari-visits-ziks-family-anglican-bishop-igwe-onitsha/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=buhari-visits-ziks-family-anglican-bishop-igwe-onitsha
Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by braine(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2014
#Buhari2015
Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2014
Desperate attempts by a desperate nobody. Even someone like me have more reputation in the southeast than buhari...lol. @least I can walk into anywhere without harassment.

@report, said he has been on official visit to the south last in 2011? Lol...this dude is a joker

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2014
liberty300:
Desperate attempts by a desperate nobody. Even someone like me have more reputation in the southeast than buhari...lol. @least I can walk into anywhere without harassment.

@report, said he has been on official visit to the south last in 2011? Lol...this dude is a joker
When last was the president of Nigeria in the north east? When?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Collynzo9: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2014
Buhari is seriously hustling to get the required 25% of votes in at least 24 states.
An Impossible task if you ask me.
We will continue to avoid him like ebola.

Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Firefire(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2014
Collynzo9:
Buhari is seriously hustling to get the required 25% of votes in at least 24 states.
An Impossible task if you ask me.
We will continue to avoid him like ebola.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Rilwayne001: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2014
Team GMB cool cool
Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2014
Oh! He even visited the Obi of Onitsha? I thought as much. There was no how he could go to Anambra State without visiting the Igwe.

All is good!
Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by donphiIopus(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2014
liberty300:

Yes buhari is a nobody
Re: Buhari Visits Zik’s Family, Anglican Bishop And The Igwe Of Onitsha by donphiIopus(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
Oh! He even visited the Obi of Onitsha? I thought as much. There was no how he could go to Anambra State without visiting the Igwe.

All is good!

Agbogidi of Onitsha will be a great fool if he endorse this monster called buhari.

Gej till 2019

Our party apc is dead

(1) (Reply)

PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month / PDP Moves To Stop Jonathan’s Removal / PDP Files Counter-suit, Asks Court To Sack Tambuwal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.