Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Self-awareness Empowers Us To Build Integrity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Self-awareness Empowers Us To Build Integrity (435 Views)

Gtbank Empowers Nigerian Undergraduates With Entrepreneurial Skills / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / A Financial Intelligence & Self Awareness Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self-awareness Empowers Us To Build Integrity by workgist: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Our trustworthiness is only as high as the balance in our personal integrity Account. Because our integrity is the basis of our confidence in ourselves and the confidence we inspire in others, one of the greatest manifestations of effective personal leadership is the exercise of care and wisdom in building a high positive balance in that account.
Primarily, we build it through the exercise of independent will in making and keeping commitments. But without self-awareness, we don’t have the wisdom necessary to manage such an account. We may set our goals too high, turning potential deposits into huge withdrawals when we fail to achieve them. We may pass up daily, weekly, moment-by-moment opportunities to make deposits because we’re too busy blaming circumstances or other people for our own failure to achieve our goals.
Self-awareness involves deep personal honesty. It comes from asking and answering hard questions:
Do I really want to do it?
Am I willing to pay the price?
Do I have enough strength to do it?
Do I accept the responsibility for my own growth?
Am I settling for mediocrity when I could be achieving excellence?
Am I blaming and accusing others for my own inability to set and achieve goals?http://www.workgist.com/self-awareness-empowers-us-to-build-integrity/

(1) (Reply)

Job Oriented Online Training On Web Services/soapui Testing With Placement In US / Career In Nursing / Make Your Dreams Come Through Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.