Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan (3297 Views)

Soyinka's Comment Was Pro Igbo Not Anti Igbo- Sule Ahmed / No Jewish Sign On New N100 Note,jonathan Is Not Anti-muslim – Presidency Replied / I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
By Ben Agande
President Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, said his decision to postpone the ground-breaking ceremony for the multi-billion Naira Gas industrial Park was not ‘in furtherance of any anti-Itsekiri agenda but to allow for an amicable resolution of the dispute over the location of the park.
The planned ground-breaking ceremony of the proposed Industrial Gas park was postponed by the president following threat by the Ijaw community over the location of the park which did not go down well with the Itsekiri community, who accused the President of acting in solidarity with his Ijaw kinsmen.
But addressing state House Correspondents, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati said though the president is affiliated to the Ijaw ethnic group by birth, “he was elected president of all Nigerians and has always shown by word and deed that he will always uphold the oath he swore on assumption of office to protect and promote the interests of all citizens with Justice, equity and fairness”.
According to Abati, “the postponement of the ground breaking ceremony for the project earlier scheduled for last Friday was not in furtherance of any anti-Itsekiri agenda.
“Rather, it was borne out of the clear need to give all concerned parties more time to achieve the communal peace, understanding and harmony that will greatly facilitate the project’s speedy actualisation for the benefit of the Itsekiris, Ijaws, Urhobos, Ibos, Isokos and other Nigerians” he said.
President Jonathan noted that the “elders, community leaders and parties to the dispute over the location and ground breaking event for the gas Industrial park who have resorted to threats and accusations of partisanship against the president in press conferences and paid adverts in newspapers are therefore being most unfair to him and doing a great disservice to continuing efforts to forge greater national unity and peaceful coexistence”.
The statement further reads:
“We assure all concerned persons that as the leader of the nation, President Jonathan is not and cannot be on the side of any party to the avoidable dispute over the location and ownership of the site of the Gas Revolution Industrial Park.
“The Project itself was conceived for the benefit of all Nigerians, not just Itsekiris, Ijaws, Urhobos or other Ethnic groups in its immediate environment.
“In terms of employment opportunities, it is projected that the Gas Industrial Revolution Park will ultimately create up to three million jobs for Nigerians in its catchment area and other parts of the country.
“President Jonathan therefore urges all parties to the communal dispute over the location and ownership of the site oif the Gas Industrial Revolution Park to cooperate fully with ongoing efforts by the federal government and Delta state government to peacefully resolve all outstanding issues so that the project can proceed apace for the benefit of local communities, all Nigerians and investors.
“In the greater interest of the nation, President Jonathan expects the respected elders and leaders of the concerned communities to heed the pleas of federal and state government mediators and expeditiously resolve their differences for the good of all and the progress of the country” the president added.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/anti-itsekiri-jonathan/#sthash.8kAXnOZN.dpuf
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
Don't mind Uduaghan, disgracing us in public like a little kid. The big heart state will get it together.
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by seanet02: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hypocrite
atlwireles:
Don't mind Uduaghan, disgracing us in public like a little kid. The big heart state will get it together.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by pendy79: 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
I am not Anti-itsekiri, I am only scared of TOMPOLO. He said I should not step Delta state and who am I to dare him.

SHEKAU did same in the North East, you can see I didn't go there too.

I don't like threats from civilians who know how to use guns.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by kossyablaze(m): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
Story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by stinggy(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
atlwireles:

STFU!
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
seanet02:
Hypocrite

Eya, bad belle go kill una
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
stinggy:

STFU!

UOOOOOOOOOOO another maggot just show face.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by politricks: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
look at how adults are insulting themselves
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
The fear of Tompolo is the beginning of Jonathan's cowardice.

Lolz! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
pendy79:
I am not Anti-itsekiri, I am only scared of TOMPOLO. He said I should not step Delta state and who am I to dare him.

Sharp guy. We can all remember Rev.Ugolor, amongst many others, making it clear GEJ is always appeasing and kowtowing to those who "carry guns". What a poor example of a commander in chief. Nigeria has truly suffered.

Violence is not exclusive to any particular tribe, now that the federal government is dealing with only those who carry arms, the fact that Urhobos do not carry arms, the fact that the Ogonis do not carry arms does not mean they are stupid. Look at the billions of naira that has been sunk into amnesty which would have been used to build infrastructure, this is fraud. Less than one per cent of the people in the Niger Delta are the ones benefiting from the amnesty.
This government has not been able to justify the billions it has spent on the people of the area to justify the sacrifices the people have made, the sacrifices made by Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni eight and the sacrifices by other tribes in the region. You cannot appropriate such for just one tribe. I think the presidency is heading for disaster in the region and every tribe has the right to defend its own. Governor Amaechi comes from a tribe and every tribe has the right to aspire to be president of the country.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/2015-presidency-itll-be-disastrous-if-jonathan-uses-state-machinery-to-manipulate-another-term-ugolor/#sthash.uWXNYYWc.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by raumdeuter: 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
He is not anti-Itsekiri. He is simply a spineless coward

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
pendy79:

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:
He is not anti-Itsekiri. He is simply a spineless coward
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by pendy79: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Sharp guy. We can all remember Rev.Ugolor, amongst many others, making it clear GEJ is always appeasing and kowtowing to those who "carry guns". What a poor example of a commander in chief. Nigeria has truly suffered.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/2015-presidency-itll-be-disastrous-if-jonathan-uses-state-machinery-to-manipulate-another-term-ugolor/#sthash.uWXNYYWc.dpuf

Thanks Gbawe I didn't even know there was a public pronouncement by a man of God on how spineless and cowardly he is.

How can the head of country show such open cowardly acts and clear clannish affinity .

When hungry and AGIP Dokpesi was to be named the Chief of Staff, it took the almighty veto of Edwin Clark to end the dream for him yet he is singing Transformation daily on his station.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by Howmon: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hahaha Oga Jonah, wisdom is profitable to direct. when a C in C chickens out for fear of armed civilian. I know why we're loosing d war against boko

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
The President's handlers are pathetic and embarrassing

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No vote for you

GEJ till 2019. Oya make una kill unaself.
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by ASL33: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Thought APC guys don't take vanguard serious?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by JANK23H(m): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Those of you calling the president a coward are just being silly,because when the bloodbath starts you'll be the same ones who will say he is clueless.

Do a proper research before you come online to spew thrash.A large chunk of the land where that project is to be sited belong to the Ijaws.It is important that all disagreements are dealt with properly,for peace to reign.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
pendy79:

When I read about an ethnic militant sending warning, publicly, to the president and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian armed forces telling him not to dare attend a publicly advertised official function that was to take place in the president's own native land, I just considered the threat to be empty, and thus ignored it.

It never occurred to me that the Nigerian nation was about to be subjected to the tormenting humiliation and indescribable embarrassment of witnessing their president cowering so sheepishly, shivering in his sweat-soaked fedora hat, as he cancelled the public function at the last minute! What a 'leader' !
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by skyfall: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
It's a shame that one has to call this wimp president of one's country.
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by asamaigho(m): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
pendy79:

gbam..u said it all dont that toothless dog dat has nuffin to offer nigerians....
a threat to the president is a treasonable offence yet tompolo(whatever that means) will go scotfree cos he is his kinsman.....den this wirelessguy dey com post dis dumb thread.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
asamaigho:

gbam..u said it all dont that toothless dog dat has nuffin to offer nigerians....
a threat to the president is a treasonable offence yet tompolo(whatever that means) will go scotfree cos he is his kinsman.....den this wirelessguy dey com post dis dumb thread.

You are not ashamed to show your face here? After your lie yesterday. Some of you need to be courageous enough, by creating monikers with your tribe's names and stop insulting people in Nigeria. Who by the way, HAVE NO TIME FOR LYING MAGGOTS LIKE YOU
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by asamaigho(m): 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
JANK23H:
Those of you calling the president a coward are just being silly,because when the bloodbath starts you'll be the same ones who will say he is clueless.

Do a proper research before you come online to spew thrash.A large chunk of the land where that project is to be sited belong to the Ijaws.It is important that all disagreements are dealt with properly,for peace to reign.

you are outrightly ignorant or less than insane and thus infit to comment on this thread...so u mean ogidigben is now an ijawland....una go really belleful for problem cos ijaw and tompolo too small for us to handle.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
asamaigho:

you are outrightly ignorant or less than insane and thus infit to comment on this thread...so u mean ogidigben is now an ijawland....una go really belleful for problem cos ijaw and tompolo too small for us to handle.

Look at the impostor crass head, what part of 2700 acres of land is in Ogidigben? Why are you people always trying to steal from the ijaws?
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by asamaigho(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
atlwireles:

You are not ashamed to show your face here? After your lie yesterday. Some of you need to be courageous enough, by creating monikers with your tribe's names and stop insulting people in Nigeria. Who by the way, HAVE NO TIME FOR LYING MAGGOTS LIKE YOU

who b dis guy sef...u. just dey ontop laptop dey type rubish and u kno no wetin dey happen for d real world,for ur notice the kidnaped boat also included some channelstv staffs as well, dey were released this morning...so please stop disgracing ur already disgraced ignorance.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by JANK23H(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
asamaigho:

The Industrial Gas Park is sited on both Ijaw and Itsekiri lands not just ogidigben. The main grouse the Ijaws have is with the name,it would be better if it were given a neutral name to prevent one party from claiming full ownership just like you've done.
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by atlwireles: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
asamaigho:

who b dis guy sef...u. just dey ontop laptop dey type rubish and u kno no wetin dey happen for d real world,for ur notice the kidnaped boat also included some channelstv staffs as well, dey were released this morning...so please stop disgracing ur already disgraced ignorance.

Answer the bleeping question and stop pretending to know one LG in Delta state. You and I know you not from delta. You are just another moniker that shows on NL when you see a topic concerning the Nigerdelta.

So channels staff is now the fake news you carried yesterday?
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by asamaigho(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
atlwireles:

Look at the impostor crass head, what part of 2700 acres of land is in Ogidigben? Why are you people always trying to steal from the ijaws?

now i kno were ur bigotry comes from....for notice there is no ijaw village sharing boundry with ogidigben, all those cooked up non existing village they mentioned are just a fiction of their sinister imagination...they kno it am sure u dont,after ogidigben the closest ijaw village is abt 15km far off,we have our papers letthem provide theirs and lets meet in d law courts and stop all dis provocative comments cos wen d battle start no one can tell how it will end.
NO ONE HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE....
Re: I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan by asamaigho(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
JANK23H:

The Industrial Gas Park is sited on both Ijaw and Itsekiri lands not just ogidigben. The main grouse the Ijaws have is with the name,it would be better if it were given a neutral name to prevent one party from claiming full ownership just like you've done.

what proof do ijaws have oda dan to forment trouble using gej as their backbone?they always want to be co owners wit itsekiris,for ur notice we haveall d neccessary c/o of all d land d epz is to cover let d ijaws provide theirs and stop using threats of violence to intimidate people,cos if the make any silly move they will have theirselves to blame.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be The Biggest Front Page Blunder Of 2015? / Protest Escalate In US As Trump And His Aides Plans New Moves / Asari Dokubor Warns Biafrans To Stop Making Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.