Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! (39543 Views)

Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? / Nokia Won’t Be Making Phones Anymore! / Tecno Recieves Heavy Criticizm For Making Phones Every Week, Lack Of Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by doskyval(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2014
cry cryOh no! "M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ favourite brand Iڪ gone. "M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ first phone was a nokia phone, stil using a Nokia phone though with Blackberry. I will miss ur strong battery "d strongest Ãήϑ ever reliable battery" amongst all phone brands! *crying* cry
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Bawss1(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2014
Nokia won't be making phones anymore but they will be making tablets. The Finnish company just announced their latest product; the N1 tablet. (Source http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/18/nokia-n1-tablet-249/ )
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by keems: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2014
runzlord:
Nokia's new CEO Rajeev Suri took the stage on November 14, and mapped out the future of the Finnish telecommunications giant after its phone business got acquired by Microsoft.

First off, as sad as this sounds, and despite some unsubstantiated rumors, Nokia doesn't plan on making phones anymore. "We are not looking to a direct consumer return to handsets per se," were his actual words. Still, there is a silver lining, and it is that there is an extremely high interest in licensing the brand, he added, so at some point in the longer term the Nokia name "will return to the consumer world." Now, whether this will be with phones, or other devices and maybe services, remains to be seen, but the hopes that Nokia will quickly start churning out Android handsets seems dead and buried now.

As for the other aspects of the company, the CEO mentioned that it won't have its HERE brand of navigation software compete directly with Google Maps, but instead rely on third-party licensees like Amazon, Microsoft or Yahoo, in business-to-business partnerships. We'd say that with the release of the beta app for Android and iOSthis ship had sailed, as the app offers options lacking in Google Maps, like offline navigation, but whatever rocks the boat. Nokia's CEO expects that all three business units - Networks, Technologies and the mapping business - will be returning to growth and profitability very soon, but it's the end of the line for Nokia phones piece that strikes us the most in the end.

Source http://www.phonearena.com/news/End-of-an-era-Nokia-wont-be-making-phones-anymore-says-CEO_id62860

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-N1-Android-tablet-is-announced-with-249-price-tag_id62987

1 Like

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Bawss1(m): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2014
lekinz:
I know they won't be able to continue again after their flop with Nokia Lumia

The operating system is just rubbish ...How do they expect an illiterate fella to operate that

That useless phone with windows O.S

SMH for them !!! Make they go work partner with iTel or Tecno

#TeamiPhone

Don't be silly. Microsoft bought over the phone making division of Nokia and they will continue with the Lumia phones and WP OS.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by mattkelly: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2014
lekinz:
I know they won't be able to continue again after their flop with Nokia Lumia

The operating system is just rubbish ...How do they expect an illiterate fella to operate that

That useless phone with windows O.S

SMH for them !!! Make they go work partner with iTel or Tecno

#TeamiPhone

Bro,Nothing dey do Lumia ohh..Na lumia i dey use..To me,it's one of the best phones made by Nokia..Whether you like it or not,Nokia still stands tall..cant see myself using another phone brand apart from Nokia..#TeamNokia
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by bibibussu(f): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2014
Nokia is still the best.any day,any time its 10/10
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2014
Blaqsmith:
Fact we might not know;

60% of Nigerians still use NOKIA either as their first phone or spare phone.

99%....the prison inmates are the exception.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Blaqsmith(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2014
berem:
It doesn't o! Another reason I hate the phone. I have always been a Tecno phone addict not until my kid brother lured me in buying the Nokia XL.
The phone don tire me sef. Boring and useless phone.

Chai?

Could u belief I was planning to get one just today?

Make I just stick with ma BB jee.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2014
runzlord:
Nokia's new CEO Rajeev Suri took the stage on November 14, and mapped out the future of the Finnish telecommunications giant after its phone business got acquired by Microsoft.

First off, as sad as this sounds, and despite some unsubstantiated rumors, Nokia doesn't plan on making phones anymore. "We are not looking to a direct consumer return to handsets per se," were his actual words. Still, there is a silver lining, and it is that there is an extremely high interest in licensing the brand, he added, so at some point in the longer term the Nokia name "will return to the consumer world." Now, whether this will be with phones, or other devices and maybe services, remains to be seen, but the hopes that Nokia will quickly start churning out Android handsets seems dead and buried now.

As for the other aspects of the company, the CEO mentioned that it won't have its HERE brand of navigation software compete directly with Google Maps, but instead rely on third-party licensees like Amazon, Microsoft or Yahoo, in business-to-business partnerships. We'd say that with the release of the beta app for Android and iOSthis ship had sailed, as the app offers options lacking in Google Maps, like offline navigation, but whatever rocks the boat. Nokia's CEO expects that all three business units - Networks, Technologies and the mapping business - will be returning to growth and profitability very soon, but it's the end of the line for Nokia phones piece that strikes us the most in the end.

Source http://www.phonearena.com/news/End-of-an-era-Nokia-wont-be-making-phones-anymore-says-CEO_id62860
you are left behind if you refuse to change with the times.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by neighbourhud: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2014
The list is increasing...
Philip
Bosch
Ericson (not Sony Ericson)
Bird
Trium
Sagem
Sendo
Motorola and now...
Nokia
They all held sway while it lasted grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Mcowubaba: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
....Nokia is gone but his manhood lives on!!!

I wonder how Bonario Nnang will surf LIB again
angry angry

lol...so u knw dat VASELINE guy...hmmmm..lindaikeji don mak am popular ooo
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Electronzeez(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2014
When the going gets tough only the tough gets going.....hala android, RIM is next on the mobile death list.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by spade: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
The Nokia 3310 was the first Nokia phone I ever owned; and "Space Impact" and "Snake" were the first games that made me realize phone games are serious fhucking business.

From the handshake startup screen to the "Espionage" ringtone, these memories I'll carry with me forever.

So I say... Thank you, Nokia.

4 Likes

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by 100Cents: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
What is the fate of Nokia torchlight ?

O boy, do I need to stock them ?

Electricity is not reliable here...
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by yurme(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
I'm 3310 ojabo ko fo oooo #eya lobatan

1 Like

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by gtimedcityboy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
I'll miss Nokia
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Prodeegee(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lobatan
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by enuel: 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
This is simply an indication that as development is happening every day in the phone technology industry, it is inevitable for certain softwares or hardware tools to loose relevant. I don't think this should cause panick or make us feel bad. I am sure something better should happen after the announcement.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by lekinz(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
mattkelly:

Bro,Nothing dey do Lumia ohh..Na lumia i dey use..To me,it's one of the best phones made by Nokia..Whether you like it or not,Nokia still stands tall..cant see myself using another phone brand apart from Nokia..#TeamNokia

Am not disputing the fact that nokia phones are durable and good but here am talking about the O.S

We all saw their 3310... E too make sense ..
Its durable,affordable,everything but this is 2014 not the days of old school
Lumia is just too dead ...Check out ios now or android O.S ..
They are just muah ..
In a nutshell ..#NokiaSucks
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by lekinz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bawss1:

Don't be silly. Microsoft bought over the phone making division of Nokia and they will continue with the Lumia phones and WP OS.

And did u know that Lumia phones had been discontinued due to their Nokia x running on android O.S...

In a nutshell #NokiaSucks
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by piagetskinner(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vivly:
Bye Nokia.
Thanks Nokia for your 3310.
You changed lives with it.
That phone was one hell of a weapon...I practically used it, till all the keys stopped workin#
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by kenrish2(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nokia with their expensive phones if not for techno so many people wouldn't have used good phone
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by emaminaj(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Fret not they stil rollin out tablets for now at least... Running on android 5.0 lollipop yhe Nokia N1

7.9-inch, 2048x1536 (4:3) IPS LCD with Gorilla
Glass 3 and fully laminated zero air gap display
64-bit 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor,
PowerVR G6430 GPU with 2GB RAM
32GB built-in memory (non-expandable)
8 megapixel rear camera, 5 megapixel front camera
Dual channel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with MIMO,
Bluetooth 4.0
Micro-USB 2.0 with a Type-C reversible connector
Stereo speakers
5300mAh battery
Unibody aluminum design; available in Natural
Aluminum or Lava Gray colors

At least a great start to the Post Ms era

1 Like

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
Oh boy! I need to put my Nokia phone in a box and lock it! Maybe one day I can sell it for a fortune to a museum or antique collector! grin Nokia phones rock!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by leke12(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
See what tecno has cause nw See what tecno has cause nw
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Chigold101:
why did u say folds? There are other area in communication they might be going into.

However i think tecno is really succeeding in puting phone companies out of business... Competition de sweet oh... I cant forget 2001 & 2002... Nokia did us bad through MTN & ECONET

Big companies fold up all the time, this is nothing new. AOL was the google of the 90s but they couldn't keep up with changing times.

If they're diversying into other areas it still doesn't change they're done up in the mobile phone market.
Nokia's problem was being the last to catch up with smartphones. All they did was depend on their brandname only and it failed them. NTA would soon go the same route since they've refused to upgrade even when faced with better competition.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by natureblack(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Warlord3000:
Well it's about time for them..

It was fun while it lasted though wink

Everything has an ending...

NOKIA SUN RE OO
ENDING indeed
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by DJEhimond(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
Just before you BURY the Nokia guy alive, check out the N1 tablet, then swallow your complains and bad mouths.
And to think some of them have already downloaded the new Nokia Z launcher on their Android device.
Posted from my Nokia Lumia device.

#teamNOKIA
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Emart(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
runzlord:

Since they they will not be making phones anymore, what will they be making?
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by Bawss1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
lekinz:

And did u know that Lumia phones had been discontinued due to their Nokia x running on android O.S...

In a nutshell #NokiaSucks

What are you on about?

I don't have the energy to deal with this right now. Go and troll somewhere else.
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by valdes00(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vivly:
Bye Nokia.
Thanks Nokia for your 3310.
You changed lives with it.
Mine inclusive.... Cos I knw many bad tins I did wit dat fone.... If I start narratin hen, MOD fit ban me
Re: Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! by piagetskinner(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
A minute silence for the akpu fone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Android (working Method) / Which Application On Your Phone Are You Addicted To? / #1000nigerianwaystodie Currently Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.