Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship (41610 Views)

Picture Of Police Holding Handbag For Sokoto State First Lady / INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Of Sokoto Governorship Poll / Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Sweetlemon(f): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
Kwankwaso all the way.......
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Kinsedes: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:
Political Scientists in the house, pls explain this move to us; Is Mr. Speaker moving forward or backward?
...As per 9ja politics he's movin 4wrd, cos d govs control bucks, infact dey r practically n unoficially nxt 2 d presdo as far as political influence n funds control is concernd!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by jibs4lv(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, being a Speaker or number 4th Citizen is just a mere title. He would still be loyal to the Governor of his state because he controls only a Constituency, while the Governor controls the whole State. If not that some Speakers are just too corrupt, they shouldn't be anywhere near the Governors when it comes to money.
dnt mind dat little minded fellow,short thnkers like him are plenty here on nairaland
anyway ,gudluck to u mr speaker.make i rest small.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by MIKIDONZ(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
D worst mistake Tambuwal has done is defection to APC, dat has killed his political reputation he made as speaker house of rep
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
babyosisi:
I don't see APC smelling the presidency
They are very disorganized and immature
You'd be shocked to see Atiku beat GEJ on Feb 14 next yr grin
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Adekagood: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
He cld win the governorship seat, but the PRESIDENTIAL!!! Let him forget it..
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by philips70(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
derecho:
pls show us the spread of his followership then I'll explain why Buhari can never win.

[b]If I go all ahead to tell you this will turn to an essay. As it stands the many followers of GEJ are either from the Southeast, Niger Delta or PDP members around the country which are a negligible few among 170 million Nigerians and few paid agents. It doesn't require rocket scientists to know many Nigerians are fed up with the PDP led federal government today. In 2011 GEJ rode on the sentiment of no shoes/humble background but please agree with me without bias that uncommon sympathy died long ago. Many people who thought he will fight corruption and establishment thinking he was not one of them have become very disappointed. Suffice it to say many fall into this category. The only tool the PDP cum thievery elite uses against Buhari is gradually crumbling because it is becoming stale and many are getting wiser. Look at the state of our economy today and ask who brought us here if it's not the same PDP that you expect Nigerians to thumbprint for come Feb next year. Peep into how EFCC fared in the past 6 years and tell me of any low, medium or high profile government corruption case that have passed reading stage in any court even when majority of us know corruption is what has brought us the erstwhile giant of Africa to our knees. Do you know the so called transformation TAN has been parading about will be washed away like the sands of time just few months of GEJ leaving power with the culture of impunity and free for all looting he is leaving behind? Nigerians except religious, regional and political bigots, once again who are negligible few are tired of the many lies of the PDP and Jonathan will gladly vote them out of power next year. Guess you must have heard of the phrase that says only a fool will do same thing same way all the time and expect different results. Just let INEC conduct free and fair elections next year and watch Jonathan pack his baggage out of Aso Rock and see how Buhari move in if his party gives him their ticket.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by begwong: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sorry loser,Sai shagari for gomina 2015!!!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Back2seder: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2014

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by victorD3: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
I thought he was winning already in the sahara reporters online presidential election poll.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by samuelfemo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Tabuwal heeded a better advice because, it is not a winning strategy for the party to field tambuwal instead of buhari.. As a Presidential candidate.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Babacele: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Chukwugekwu:
they purposely duped him
No sir his friends in the assembly actually paid for the form.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Fourwinds: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
how can u say d speakership position is higher dan dat of governor. most governors go to d senate after deir tenure. y didn't dey going to d house of assembly hoping to become d speaker. some people should use deir brain
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
philips70:

If I go all ahead to tell you this will turn to an essay. [b]As it stands the many followers of GEJ are either from the Southeast, Niger Delta or PDP members around the country which are a negligible few among 170 million Nigerians and few paid agents. It doesn't require rocket scientists to know many Nigerians are fed up with the PDP led federal government today. In 2011 GEJ rode on the sentiment of no shoes/humble background but please agree with me without bias that uncommon sympathy died long ago. Many people who thought he will fight corruption and establishment thinking he was not one of them have become very disappointed. Suffice it to say many fall into this category. The only tool the PDP cum thievery elite uses against Buhari is gradually crumbling because it is becoming stale and many are getting wiser. Look at the state of our economy today and ask who brought us here if it's not the same PDP that you expect Nigerians to thumbprint for come Feb next year. Peep into how EFCC fared in the past 6 years and tell me of any low, medium or high profile government corruption case that have passed reading stage in any court even when majority of us know corruption is what has brought us the erstwhile giant of Africa to our knees. Do you know the so called transformation TAN has been parading about will be washed away like the sands of time just few months of GEJ leaving power with the culture of impunity and free for all looting he is leaving behind? Nigerians except religious, regional and political bigots, once again who are negligible few are tired of the many lies of the PDP and Jonathan will gladly vote them out of power next year. Guess you must have heard of the phrase that says only a fool will do same thing same way all the time and expect different results. Just let INEC conduct free and fair elections next year and watch Jonathan pack his baggage out of Aso Rock and see how Buhari move in if his party gives him their ticket.[/b]
Make i laff small.Remember,in 2011 when many said they won't vote for PDP but vote GEJ,it was unbelievable.But did it happen?BTW,i expected a simple answer not an essay.U try for ya analysis sha.But remember change does not necessarily come from replacing candidates or political parties.No be Noise na reality.Tnx
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Marvin67: 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
Tambuwal can not be trusted. He's like a bat that tells both the birds and the mammals that he's one of them. From ANPP to PDP to APC. I'm sure he's not through with him jumpology.
I can assure you that we've not heard the last regarding his ambition. Don't be surprised to hear his aides say he's still in the presidential race. Don't be surprised if he dumps APC in 2015,.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by wordcat(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
Kinsedes:
...As per 9ja politics he's movin 4wrd, cos d govs control bucks, infact dey r practically n unoficially nxt 2 d presdo as far as political influence n funds control is concernd!

Thanks
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by philips70(m): 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
derecho:
Make i laff small.Remember,in 2011 when many said they won't vote for PDP but vote GEJ,it was unbelievable.But did it happen?BTW,i expected a simple answer not an essay.U try for ya analysis sha.But remember change does not necessarily come from replacing candidates or political parties.No be Noise na reality.Tnx

Change can come when emotionally and physically ready, capable and willing, strong willed, selfless, tested and trusted leaders are voted into power.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by smartleo(m): 4:14am On Nov 19, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, being a Speaker or number 4th Citizen is just a mere title. He would still be loyal to the Governor of his state because he controls only a Constituency, while the Governor controls the whole State. If not that some Speakers are just too corrupt, they shouldn't be anywhere near the Governors when it comes to money.
That's true.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2014
philips70:

Change can come when emotionally and physically ready, capable and willing, strong willed, selfless, tested and trusted leaders are voted into power.
Unfortunately,these qualities,though not enough, are lacking in those people only mouthing Change.That said.The point many of you fail to see is that people have continually questioned the so-called integrity of Buhari.
Let's analyse these "qualities"
Are Boko Haramist emotionally and physically ready to unleash mayhem?Are they capable and willing ?Will they selflessly die for the cause of trying to Islamize Nigeria?Have they been tested by their paymasters?Can they be trusted to make the north east ungovernable by those who sent them?
The point my brother is that the devil can also like many politicians promise Heaven on Earth.Let's look at the Messenger before considering the message.Change need more than those things you mentioned.Tnx
If you want an objective debate see https://www.nairaland.com/2004320/20-reasons-nigerians-rejected-buhari
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2014
This looks like taking two steps forward and three steps backward. Hope he knows what he wants and knows what to do?

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by philips70(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2014
derecho:
Unfortunately,these qualities,though not enough, are lacking in those people only mouthing Change.That said.The point many of you fail to see is that people have continually questioned the so-called integrity of Buhari.
Let's analyse these "qualities"
Are Boko Haramist emotionally and physically ready to unleash mayhem?Are they capable and willing ?Will they selflessly die for the cause of trying to Islamize Nigeria?Have they been tested by their paymasters?Can they be trusted to make the north east ungovernable by those who sent them?
The point my brother is that the devil can also like many politicians promise Heaven on Earth.Let's look at the Messenger before considering the message.Change need more than those things you mentioned.Tnx
If you want an objective debate see https://www.nairaland.com/2004320/20-reasons-nigerians-rejected-buhari

Nigerians will continued to be given reasons why Buhari cannot rule yet they have never given us reasons why they have failed serially to drag us from the dungeon we have found ourselves since 1999. Give me 20 reasons why Buhari is un-electable and I will give you a hundred reasons why GEJ have no business being there. If I may ask which Nigerians rejected this Buhari, TAN members and beneficiaries of the current heist going on? Whether anyone likes it or not Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria, let Seun organize a coordinated opinion poll on Buhari and GEJ for 24hrs and let's see the outcome. Am a Niger Deltan, even in my next life I will choose a Buhari over a GEJ any day anytime and I know many who will do same.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by moriton(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2014
wordcat:
Political Scientists in the house, pls explain this move to us; Is Mr. Speaker moving forward or backward?
Actually that is regression in this context. But going for presidential position pits him in a lose lose position considering the formidable opposition in his party and the current chap at the helm of affairs. Therefore a governorship position is a win lose position and finances incurred are considerably reduced.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by wordcat(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2014
moriton:

Actually that is regression in this context. But going for presidential position pits him in a lose lose position considering the formidable opposition in his party and the current chap at the helm of affairs. Therefore a governorship position is a win lose position and finances incurred are considerably reduced.

Ok
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2014
philips70:

Nigerians will continued to be given reasons why Buhari cannot rule yet they have never given us reasons why they have failed serially to drag us from the dungeon we have found ourselves since 1999. Give me 20 reasons why Buhari is un-electable and I will give you a hundred reasons why GEJ have no business being there. If I may ask which Nigerians rejected this Buhari, TAN members and beneficiaries of the current heist going on? Whether anyone likes it or not Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria, let Seun organize a coordinated opinion poll on Buhari and GEJ for 24hrs and let's see the outcome. Am a Niger Deltan, even in my next life I will choose a Buhari over a GEJ any day anytime and I know many who will do same.
So if a poll is organised on nairaland and Buhari wins,that will prove he is more popular?Bros,i'm an objective person.Though Barcanista did something similar (https://www.nairaland.com/1998766/nairaland-progressives-lets-endorse-muhammadu )and it proved buhari wasn't popular even on nairaland.But I won't base my argument on that.
If you have read the article and were open-minded you'll understand why.It's not about TAN.Or do i need to be a TANist to know,as a christian,that Buhari doesn't love Christians by his utterances and body language?If an igbo man for example believes that buhari hates igbos,can you stop him.Please appreciate that people are entitled to their sentiments.
The articles spells out why BUHARI HAS BEEN LOSING not what you want us to see.Tnx
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by philips70(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
derecho:

So if a poll is organised on nairaland and Buhari wins,that will prove he is more popular?Bros,i'm an objective person.Though Barcanista did something similar (https://www.nairaland.com/1998766/nairaland-progressives-lets-endorse-muhammadu )and it proved buhari wasn't popular even on nairaland.But I won't base my argument on that.
If you have read the article and were open-minded you'll understand why.It's not about TAN.Or do i need to be a TANist to know,as a christian,that Buhari doesn't love Christians by his utterances and body language?If an igbo man for example believes that buhari hates igbos,can you stop him.Please appreciate that people are entitled to their sentiments.
The articles spells out why BUHARI HAS BEEN LOSING not what you want us to see.Tnx

Brother leave all propaganda and politicians alone. I have tasked someone who labored for days in vain to show us quoted context where Buhari made several speeches from any online source. Buhari has been loosing through rigging and rigging alone. That's why I used free and fair in my comment. As it stands today many Christians will vote their conscience and not religion. Am a Christian but will choose Buhari over GEJ even in my dreams.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Caseless: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
bestman09:

From being the 4th citizen to a mere governor of a mere sakwoto state.

I laugh in Arabic.

Maybe Atiku should also be persuaded to contest for the governorship of Adamawa state or Fashola should contest for the chairmanship of Ojo local government
what a ponce are u. Tel me what happened to Gali Na'aba, Masari and bankole- they all nursed governorship ambition and, like we heard, bankole is still on it. Atiku, in 1999, won the governorship election in adamawa b4 he was hand-picked by obj to b d vp.
What are u sayin?
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Pataki: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Caseless:
what a ponce are u. Tel me what happened to Gali Na'aba, Masari and bankole- they all nursed governorship ambition and, like we heard, bankole is still on it. Atiku, in 1999, won the governorship election in adamawa b4 he was hand-picked by obj to b d vp.
What are u sayin?

Sometimes it is best to ignore some of these ignorant gnats. What would be most shameful is seeing the most populous black nation's president going from Aso Rock to his village Otuoke and soon afterwards to Kirikiri.

If I were GEJ (God forbid), he should start a prison's reform immediately.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Caseless: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
derecho:

any link to whre he(gmb) directly or indirectly showed his hatred for xtains or , jst sharrap forever.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Caseless: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Pataki:

Sometimes it is best to ignore some of these ignorant gnats. What would be most shameful is seeing the most populous black nation's president going from Aso Rock to his village Otuoke and soon afterwards to Kirikiri.

If I were GEJ (God forbid), he should start a prison's reform immediately.
spot-on! Those frogs and their headless gej shld b ignored.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Caseless:
any link to whre he(gmb) directly or indirectly showed his hatred for xtains or , jst sharrap forever.
https://www.nairaland.com/2004320/20-reasons-nigerians-rejected-buhari
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
philips70:

Brother leave all propaganda and politicians alone. I have tasked someone who labored for days in vain to show us quoted context where Buhari made several speeches from any online source. Buhari has been loosing through rigging and rigging alone. That's why I used free and fair in my comment. As it stands today many Christians will vote their conscience and not religion. Am a Christian but will choose Buhari over GEJ even in my dreams.
And a christian with a conscience will ignore the truth?If you think a Christian is naive,think twice.Afterall,the bible talks about"ever learning and being unable to come to the knowledge of the truth"
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Dawumi(f): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Heavy Gunfire In Zaria As Troops Attempt To Arrest Shiite Leader Zakzaky / List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.