Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors (1053 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Why Women Love Doctors / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by lanxebony(m): 6:55am On Nov 18, 2014
For many years,the masses have always seen Drs as superior over nurses. Come to think of it nurses take almost the same courses as doctors will in school.
In the hospital envrons, your dr only prescribe bt i discover that the nurse do the most work. From given of injection, staying with patients, recording and taking vital signs,first contact with patients and even the most at risk of hazard in the hospital.
The masses never see this nurses as great care giver bt they depend on their drs. Who are these nurses? Care giver or assistants.
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Jilo83(m): 7:00am On Nov 18, 2014
nurse
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by lanxebony(m): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2014
The ego of drs are much in our hospitals and most of them going for housejobs are empty skulls
Imaginig a dr begging a nurse to set line which is not nurses duty just because she(dr)cant do it
Imaging a dr begging a nurse 2 show him how 2 check bp claimming he has 4gotten hw. Wat a student nurse will do even closing her eyes.
Our hospitals see dis pple as who knws all in all
Imaging a dr giving ceftraxone and agumentine prescriptn 2geda tell me if nurses dnt have d knwoledge of pharmacology hw will dey knw both are antibiotics
Pple claim nurses are too hostile...
Imagine a nurse,nursing 2 or 3 wards with full patients in all. Many dnt belive 4rm there tym in sch of nursing dey are faced with stress
The stress of waking up 2 read every night and end up failing ur 1st 6mnts weeding exam or reading both day n night n was asked 2 repeat a semester.
Who owns d patient care award? Drs or nurses?
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 18, 2014
Nurses are supposed to be I guess but all the hospitals I have been to most of the nurses were just rude and nonchallant. I prefer the doctors(may be because most are male). They are always nicer cheesy
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 18, 2014
nurses! doctors are just there to check u n find out what's wrong with u, but the nurses care and give u treatment. its an obvious question.
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Uncleodi(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2015
Mr lanxebony.

What u said is reasonably inflammatory. Or do u want doctors to start bashing u?
How could u say that a house officer is an empty skull as if setting of line is a prerequisite for passing final MB.

In fact medical training is all encompassing. U can learn even from the cleaners. Yes!

Meanwhile u and I know that doctors and nurses don't have the same curriculum. For u to say they do almost the same thing is a big fallacy. Ur knowledge of anatomy is too shallow. Did u even do Head and Neck? This is because u don't need the knowledge to Nurse any patient. Even cleaners can plot TPR chart, change infusions, dress wounds in fact, nurse patients very well when given the opportunity. That drives home the fact that illiterates/ chemist nurses can pose a big challenge to u when the chips are down!

It is the duty of nurses to care for patients at least the dictionary meaning of "Nurse" confirms it. But u forgot that u can not care for a patient unless the doctor prescribes it. That is why u don't catch people on the road and start "nursing" them unless they come to the hospital to see the doctor whom with his diagnostic knowledge may decide to admit the patient into the ward under his name before the nurse will be privileged to do his/her work which is nursing! Based on this, the doctor owns the patient and not the nurse.

Pls, stop spreading hatred because medical workers are meant to be one and not divided.

No body is superior to each others because we are all equal in the eyes of God but humanly speaking, this world would have been a mess without doctors. I can't remember ever hearing that nurses did surgeries. But doctors are trained indepthly. This is what makes them special. No matter how knowledgeable a nurse is, there must be a case he/ she cannot handle hence they refer them to the doctors and never will a doctor refer a patient to a nurse!!

It is not in doubt that a doctor can do all the Nursing work too no Nurse can do all the doctor's work. I have seen a nurse mix IV Ceftriaxone with lidocaine instead of water for injection. If not that I was just present, the patient would have died. The annoying thing is that the said nurse was even claiming she was right until the matron took her outside and made her buy a new Ceftriaxone for the patient. But u can't see me on social media talking abt it. Nah! No body is perfect u may say but human life has Zero tolerance for error.

Everybody has his/ her duty post, so remain there and face ur work and stop looking for who to call names.
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Lagusta(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
lanxebony:
For many years,the masses have always seen Drs as superior over nurses. Come to think of it nurses take almost the same courses as doctors will in school.
In the hospital envrons, your dr only prescribe bt i discover that the nurse do the most work. From given of injection, staying with patients, recording and taking vital signs,first contact with patients and even the most at risk of hazard in the hospital.
The masses never see this nurses as great care giver bt they depend on their drs. Who are these nurses? Care giver or assistants.

What did you just say??

Doctors take the same curriculum in school?

What insolence!!!

Let's start from the basics, compare the anatomy textbook of medical students to that of nursing students....

Not to even talk of the Kumar and Clark's, the bailey and love's, the Robbin's, the Nelson's.....

Are you trying to tell me a doctor cannot give injections

The surgeon in the theatre, that blood and body parts splash into his eyes (it has happened to me before) are not exposed to hazards abi?? The radiologists that are exposed to ionizing to ionizing radiation, radioactive materials are enjoying themselves abi

In fact eeeehhhnnnn undecided
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by Lagusta(m): 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
lanxebony:
The ego of drs are much in our hospitals and most of them going for housejobs are empty skulls
Imaginig a dr begging a nurse to set line which is not nurses duty just because she(dr)cant do it
Imaging a dr begging a nurse 2 show him how 2 check bp claimming he has 4gotten hw. Wat a student nurse will do even closing her eyes.
Our hospitals see dis pple as who knws all in all
Imaging a dr giving ceftraxone and agumentine prescriptn 2geda tell me if nurses dnt have d knwoledge of pharmacology hw will dey knw both are antibiotics
Pple claim nurses are too hostile...
Imagine a nurse,nursing 2 or 3 wards with full patients in all. Many dnt belive 4rm there tym in sch of nursing dey are faced with stress
The stress of waking up 2 read every night and end up failing ur 1st 6mnts weeding exam or reading both day n night n was asked 2 repeat a semester.
Who owns d patient care award? Drs or nurses?

I have also seen nurses that cannot plot a good TPR chart...

I have seen a nurse give 50IU of insulin instead of tetanus toxoid, just because the two solutions look colloid.....

I have seen a nurse telling a poor lady to push, she thought the dilatation was full, when I checked, it was just 5cm, she abused me and said I don't know anything, but when the consultant came in, he asked if she was fully dilated, I said no, she said yes, that his house officer knows nothing, but the consultant checked and found out that I was right!!!! She even had a poor progress of labour and had to be sectioned..... God knows what would have happened if that woman pushed through an undulated cervix.....

I personally know some doctors, including house officers, cannot perform some basic procedures, but its not their fault, tell the consultants you are fighting with to review the medical curriculum...
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by lanxebony(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
Have seen drs wearing jewellries into a theater (o.m.g infectn is real). Drs common u talked about dat medical student anatomy differs 4rm nurses anatomy txtbooks,sowi dats a big lie. U cant only see greater dan ur view.
During my clinicals at a ward round a consultant was even disappointed at one was student coz he cant even per4m physical examinatn wc was done by a student nurse just imagine.
D ego is been built in dem since there days in medical sch. Nursing is changing catch us if u can
To u who tink nurse cant prescribe, uve nt been to rurals 4 phc settings 4 ur clincals.
To d patients nurses own them nt d drs. Thanks change ur view abt nurses dey are dope. We gat diffrent procedures and stick to urs and feel d mordern trend in nursing practice
Re: Who Is The Care Giver? Nurses Or Doctors by dabayomi(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2015
Uncleodi:
Mr lanxebony.

What u said is reasonably inflammatory. Or do u want doctors to start bashing u?
How could u say that a house officer is an empty skull as if setting of line is a prerequisite for passing final MB.

In fact medical training is all encompassing. U can learn even from the cleaners. Yes!

Meanwhile u and I know that doctors and nurses don't have the same curriculum. For u to say they do almost the same thing is a big fallacy. Ur knowledge of anatomy is too shallow. Did u even do Head and Neck? This is because u don't need the knowledge to Nurse any patient. Even cleaners can plot TPR chart, change infusions, dress wounds in fact, nurse patients very well when given the opportunity. That drives home the fact that illiterates/ chemist nurses can pose a big challenge to u when the chips are down!

It is the duty of nurses to care for patients at least the dictionary meaning of "Nurse" confirms it. But u forgot that u can not care for a patient unless the doctor prescribes it. That is why u don't catch people on the road and start "nursing" them unless they come to the hospital to see the doctor whom with his diagnostic knowledge may decide to admit the patient into the ward under his name before the nurse will be privileged to do his/her work which is nursing! Based on this, the doctor owns the patient and not the nurse.

Pls, stop spreading hatred because medical workers are meant to be one and not divided.

No body is superior to each others because we are all equal in the eyes of God but humanly speaking, this world would have been a mess without doctors. I can't remember ever hearing that nurses did surgeries. But doctors are trained indepthly. This is what makes them special. No matter how knowledgeable a nurse is, there must be a case he/ she cannot handle hence they refer them to the doctors and never will a doctor refer a patient to a nurse!!

It is not in doubt that a doctor can do all the Nursing work too no Nurse can do all the doctor's work. I have seen a nurse mix IV Ceftriaxone with lidocaine instead of water for injection. If not that I was just present, the patient would have died. The annoying thing is that the said nurse was even claiming she was right until the matron took her outside and made her buy a new Ceftriaxone for the patient. But u can't see me on social media talking abt it. Nah! No body is perfect u may say but human life has Zero tolerance for error.

Everybody has his/ her duty post, so remain there and face ur work and stop looking for who to call names.

Stop exposing yourself... Lidocaine can be used as diluent for ceftriazone, u saved a patient indeed..
My friend, the nurse is on point. Face your medicine squarely.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Dismissed Bank Staff Continue To Pay Outstanding Loans Even When Jobles / How Start A Career In Immigration Consultancy Services / Update: I Need Help In Tweaking My CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.