Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) (625 Views)

Tau'bah - Seeking Forgiveness From Allah / Seeking Forgiveness From The Most Merciful. / 10 Benefits Of Asking God’s Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2014
assalam dear brothers and sisters in islam.

istigfar is a great ingridient towards getting your duas answered.

the prophet S.A.W encouraged many people to do istigfar ( ask for ALLAH forgiveness )
we can see this in the following hadith

"A man complained to Al-Hasan about a drought, and he said to him: “Pray to Allah for forgiveness.”

"Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: “Pray to Allah to forgive you.”

"Another man said to him: “Pray to Allah to bless me with a child.” He said: “Pray to Allah for forgiveness.”

"Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: “Pray to Allah for forgiveness.”

He was asked about it and he said: “This is not my personal opinion, for Allah says in Surah Nooh (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.” Tafseer Al-Qurtubi (18/301-302)

the prophet S.A.W used to say
‘Astaghfirullah! Astaghfirullah! (I beseech Allah for forgiveness, I beseech Allah for forgiveness)

this is the manner in which forgiveness is to be sought!

ma salaam!

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) by maryam6(f): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2014
may ALLAH 4give us all.
Re: The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2014
maryam6:
may ALLAH 4give us all.
ameen
Re: The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness) by snubish: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Doubtful Matters & Cleanse Your Heart Always. / Muslim Girl Needed For Serious Relationship. / Taqwa-fear Of Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.