Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice (2966 Views)

Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice / 2009 Honda Accord EX VS 2009 Toyota Camry SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by icemann(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

i don quote the right person na, which one b your own sef

buy a car for your gf when you are still running after molue, seriously, witches in your village don use your balls do barbecue

That's funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by sultaan(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
If the OP does not know if to top off or change oils what guarantee do we have here to know he knows how to check the oil level?

This is the point wher it is time to read owners manual. the same thing you do with your honda applys to the camry.

It is a bad idea for you to drain it when you know it is new the oil in there if it is from US is better than most of what you find in the Nigerian market.

A valvoline/castrol 5w20 is better than a mobil 1 0w40 on a car made for 5w20.

bets option isto top off with the best oil you can find close to 5w20 if it is below minimum level, if it is between minimum and maximum dont worry drive for six months then the mechanics can start bleeping it up but atleast enjoy the car small before the destroyers get to work
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
sultaan:
If the OP does not know if to top off or change oils what guarantee do we have here to know he knows how to check the oil level?

This is the point wher it is time to read owners manual. the same thing you do with your honda applys to the camry.

It is a bad idea for you to drain it when you know it is new the oil in there if it is from US is better than most of what you find in the Nigerian market.

A valvoline/castrol 5w20 is better than a mobil 1 0w40 on a car made for 5w20.

bets option isto top off with the best oil you can find close to 5w20 if it is below minimum level, if it is between minimum and maximum dont worry drive for six months then the mechanics can start bleeping it up but atleast enjoy the car small before the destroyers get to work

I checked online there is a mobile1 in the constituent of 5w-20. Please in your honest opinion will it be ok if I buy that then top it.

I am still at work right now though, when I get home tonight I will ask her to go get the mobile1 tomorrow in that constituent.

Someone mention in the owners service manual there should be information on the oil used for the servicing in the US I will check that also.

Bros for my accord I also use Mobile 1 and I don't have cause to complain. it brings out normal little white smoke in the morning when I start it for about ten seconds, a little water dropping and that is it.

thanks all the same.

I appreciate.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by christopher123(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2014
Bossforeva:
whatever you speaking in yoruba about me wan rob you, na you know.
just that i sensed you part of those that will go extra mile to impress girls at your own detriment.

lol...that is if he really bought the car..oh he bought 2007 car and wants to tell us
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by christopher123(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2014
icemann:

That's funny grin grin grin

lol
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Guys I just got my 1st car camry SE 2007, it arrived two days ago.

I checked the engine oil Sunday evening and I discovered the oil is new and its not up to gauge. which means she has to change the oil or top it. I am thinking of just toping it but cannot seems to decide on the right local engine oil to add.

However my mechanic said it will be wrong to mix oils except they are of the same make.

Mechanic opinion- change the oil, drain it and change it to mobil1

PLEASE guys what other options are available.

fixed.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
DrJoe1:

fixed.

bros you are not serious o!!! grin
DrJoe1:

fixed.

bros you are not serious o!!!
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

bros you are not serious o!!! grin

bros you are not serious o!!!

op, what kind of engine is the camry se using, is it V6 or L4?
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2014
lomomike:

op, what kind of engine is the camry se using, is it V6 or L4?

its a V4 and i found the appropriate oil on Konga and Jumia.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 23, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

its a V4 and i found the appropriate oil on Konga and Jumia.

if your engine is L4 engine, then your engine model is 2AZ-FE 2.4L that engine requires 5w30 synthetic oil. if you cant find 5w-30. hey, since you bought the car, have you cared to read the owners manual? i am currently staring at the pdf format manual of a car with that same engine as yours.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
lomomike:

if your engine is L4 engine, then your engine model is 2AZ-FE 2.4L that engine requires 5w30 synthetic oil. if you cant find 5w-30. hey, since you bought the car, have you cared to read the owners manual? i am currently staring at the pdf format manual of a car with that same engine as yours.

thanks

Please what is the difference between a 5w20 and and 5w30.

I saw on gonga that there is a milemaster for 5w20, I am thinking of ordering it today. will you advice I proceed.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by bravolad(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

thanks
Please what is the difference between a 5w20 and and 5w30.
I saw on gonga that there is a milemaster for 5w20, I am thinking of ordering it today. will you advice I proceed.

No. If the recommended oil for your car is 5w-30, that is what you need. It is the right viscosity & API rating for your car. This spec of oil is readily available almost everywhere in Nigeria. However, you need to ensure you buy from a reputable store so you don't buy a substandard one. It is also available in conventional, semi-synthetic and synthetic blends. The choice of which to use is strictly yours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Changing Ones Car Paint: The Procedure!! / A Customized VW Beetle / Urgent!!! How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Lagos???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.