Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency (2373 Views)

Top Ad Agency Needs Editor And Motion Graphic Artist For Fulltime Employment / AD Agency Looking For Graphic Artist! / How Much Should A Graphic Artist In An Ad Agency Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by smartsoft(m): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2008
hello my people what do you think about advertising agency in other country and the one we have here in nigeria ?? lets take US for the case study

This is the issue i have with them.
A friend of my got a job in an Advertising Agency and i asked her what is the name of the agency and she mentioned one name like that well known agency but when i try to google the company no search came out so i wondering why will an agency exit and you woun't be able to find them online ! that means they are not practicing what they preach

I think Website is another means of advertisement any message you convey through the use of visuals and imagery are all called advertisement.

For instance if i google up an agency from the US, i could easyly find them on the internet sharply but here in nigeria, with close to hundreds of them just 10 of them that i can figure out got there website why some their web aren't working either, or maybe their website is badly designed.

i expect an agency to atleast have it at the back of their minds that website is also a means of advertisment

if i tell an agency that i'm starting a new company and i want them to create a branding for my company, i should expect them to include website to their quotation.

this agencies abroad, create online campaign for their clients, but the ones we have here don't do it, don't know why they are not considering website design as part of advertisement.
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by sojioguns(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2008
I believe every ad agency in Nigeria should have a website by now. If you have been around for a while, you would have noticed the trend in the naming convention of ad agencies. They all (most of them) used to be and are still affiliated to sister global companies.
Insight Used to be Insight Grey (Grey global as sister company)
Rosabel (leo burnett as sister company)
STB McCann (Mc Cann Erikson as sister company)
Lintas Lowe (lowe as sister company)
DDB Lagos (DDB as sister company)
SO&U Saatchi (Saatchi & Saatchi as sister company)
The list goes on, The global sister companies would never allow the local Nigerian representatives to portray them in a bad light. Look at it like some form of franchising. Nandos, Barcelos, etc are all franchises and the parent body would never allow them to portray them in bad light. So if the ad agency your friend works in is affiliated with a global sister company, they are doing well, I believe.
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by smartsoft(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
those are the ones i can point out i can send via email close to 200 of them that we have you go see them just an email to yahoo and even the yahoo sucks woun't go check www.pestherbrands.com they preach good brand design but their website is so poor maaaaaaaaaaan. i tier ja re sojio  you know want make i con meet ya make we rub mind together abi how ur daughter
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by sojioguns(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2008
Our office doors are always open for business 24/7
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by OmniPotens(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2008
smart and soji, seems you duo are the champions in here or what? All is just letting you both do your thing the way you want out here. What's really behind this?
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by sojioguns(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
Champions? Far from it. Personaly I just try to contribute in any way I can to the good of my industry.
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by Kemjisuper(m): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Smartsoft
When will you decide to settle down and be known for one or two good stuff rather than poking into everything that passes by? Every thing dey worry u my guy. You go old quick O! shocked
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by smartsoft(m): 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
You words man ! Please have been observing you for long now and your words are been indirectly targeted to me  just stay cool and don't get me Vex  i can post any topic as long as it's own my mind,  since i can't stop people and ask them  i can ask people what they feel  so you can't tell me where to belong or something !

And can you make this clear to me ?
When will you decide to settle down and be known for one or two good stuff
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by Kemjisuper(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2008
Pretty true words abi? cool
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by smartsoft(m): 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2008
Your point still don't make sense, put it in away i can understand
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by Kemjisuper(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
You're spamming the graphics thread! It can't be put any simpler than that!!! undecided
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by OmniPotens(m): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kemjisuper:

You're spamming the graphics thread! It can't be put any simpler than that!!! undecided
Well, Kemjisuper, I have read on another thread in this section, the one you started sometime in 2007 or so, you attacking Smartsoft, what really is it all about. Or is it because he was asking to close the thread because it is an old one or what? At least, he contributed, didn't he? What is the fight all about? Wondering at that.

As for the spamming thing, can you please explain better?
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by Kemjisuper(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
Sorry about the whole ranting thingy - I'm just less busy at work today!

But about the spamming issue? Why not count the number of topics smartsoft has started in the graphics section alone in the space of a lil under a month. Better still, how many of them keep people coming back? Most are pretty much abandoned, even by smartsoft himself. It just seems to be a new bad habit, my opinion sha!

Nothing personal, but well, he did ask for my thread to be closed after about 7 pages of some interesting stuff cry
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by OmniPotens(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2008
I pretty understood when I read through all new posts in this section this morning. Well, don't really take it too personal. We all are in this things together.

Cheers and continue your good works!
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by smartsoft(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2008
ask am oooo  shocked
Re: Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency by ajayi1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kemjisuper:

Sorry about the whole ranting thingy - I'm just less busy at work today!

But about the spamming issue? Why not count the number of topics smartsoft has started in the graphics section alone in the space of a little under a month. Better still, how many of them keep people coming back? Most are pretty much abandoned, even by smartsoft himself. It just seems to be a new bad habit, my opinion sha!

Nothing personal, but well, he did ask for my thread to be closed after about 7 pages of some interesting stuff cry

YOu can kill somebody here, I have laugh tired. Please forget it and stop the pretty querrel!!! We are all here to make progress.

(1) (Reply)

Galaxy Large Format Printer For 1.6m / Beautiful Canvas Art Prints, Perfect For Home And Office Decor / My Digital Painting Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.