Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Has Age To Do With Leadership? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Age To Do With Leadership? (369 Views)

What Has Age Got To Do With Performance? / Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Age To Do With Leadership? by Rockyheight: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Can anyone tell me the relationship that exist between a person's age and his or her ability to lead well?
Is been youthful the most important leadership trait? how is it in Nigeria we are clamoring for youths to come take leadership positions when they have not presented themselves to receive political tutelage from the so called aging generations.

How many educated youths are members of political parties, and active at the ward, local, state and federal levels?

I am 41years old, am actively involved in politics in Oyo state, u will be amazed at the number of youths that are educated who actively participate in politics. very few. Am sure the same applies through out the country.

In my opinion the Nigerian youth is not ready for leadership positions, though they have excelled in other areas of human endeavor, however not in politics,

Political leadership is learnt, what you are thought in school is different from what obtains outside of campus. We need to understudy some of these leaders we are abusing at the moment. So we can earn their trust and commitment.

That's when power can be easily transferred from one generation to another. Nobody will just thrust leadership at you just because you are young, that u are a success in the banking, oil and gas or any field for that matter doesn't mean u will succeed in politics.

So my advise to all youth is to be actively involved in political activities. Under honest leaders. It is not the aged politicians that are preventing the youth, its the youth that is not ready.
Re: What Has Age To Do With Leadership? by Splashme: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
W

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal Suspends Presidential Bid. / Court Acquits Fani-kayode Of 38 Counts Of Money Laundering / 2015 Poll; Sherap Advice Apc And Pdp To Release The Cost Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.