Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. (2958 Views)

List Of Foreign Accredited Universty By NUC / Universty Of Abuja Is Out With The 2010/2011 Part Time Form / Benue State Universty Strike Will Be Called On The 14/07/2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by kestolove95(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nine-Year old Plateau State University YetTo Produce single graduate’Plateau state university students have alleged that since the inception of the university nine years ago, the institution is yet to graduate a student.Plateau State UniversityThe students led by Misheal Nunkop, who claims to represent the University’s student body, The Students Union Government, SUG, in a press interview on tuesday said that the current aggrieved 400-level final year students might not graduate due to the non accreditation of most of their courses.The students have also refused to write their finalyear exams, which are supposed to start this monday.Mr Nunkop said: “We do not know our fate, ‘We may not graduate that was why we refused writing our final examinations.”The Vice Chancellor of the university, Doknan Sheni, was recently suspended and replaced with Stephen Malo.The students said: “It is on record that within three years the University has had three Vice Chancellors as opposed to the possible fifteen years of the cumulative tenure of the three Vice Chancellors. “This raises serious questions: how can three different Vice Chancellors be the problem of a single university under one administration.”The undergraduates allege that the current administration has neglected them and they are willing to protest the resumption of the newly appointed Vice Chancellor until their grievances are addressed.The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, chairman at the University, Gilbert Yalmi has described the suspension of the VC as wrong. This notion is also adopted by the schools lecturers who say that the removal of the VC was against the school’s law because the university council was not consulted before the suspension was announced.Yalmi also went ahead and talked about the non accreditation of courses.“Contrary to the norm, PLASU has not gone for accreditation two years after the assumption of academic activities,”he said.“This is not unconnected to the breakages in the chain of the university administration by the Jang-led administration. We are equally aware that the VC Prof. Sheni inherited the process of accreditation from Prof. Nenfort Gomwalk and has vigorously pursued it, leading to a successful mock accreditation and unfortunately the government is yet to release the funds that will guarantee the successful execution of the main accreditation.”The university was established during the administration of Joshua Dariye, however current governor, Jonah Jang in 2007 suspended all school activity due to shabby infrastructure and lack of permanent staff.He only reopened the university four years ago and no improvement to the infrastructure has yet been made.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Kaigrin Is that institution even recognized? First time of hearing of it. Abeg make them work their transfer or sit for another JAMB ni. Plateau state university? Hian! I wonder what happens in borno state university. lipsrsealed
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Gboliwe: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pathetic! So sad! I feel so much for the students who are unfortunate to be there.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by missdebs(f): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
dnt knw weda to laff or cry....tho i knw dis s really d lives of students dey re playin wt
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by psyqs(m): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2014
i don park my PORSCHE here
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by dew1: 1:02am On Nov 19, 2014
psyqs:
i don park my PORSCHE here
We Fake It Until We Make It Bro!!!! cheesy
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Ayomi088(m): 1:05am On Nov 19, 2014
SMH for some Confused Leaders we have in this Country.

Meanwhile there is affordable MTN and ETISALAT data on offer......https://www.nairaland.com/1856717/affordable-mtn-etisalat-data-offer

Hop in for more gist on the matter
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 19, 2014
Na this kain tin dem dey call gobe.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Mimisboygreat: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2014
Nawa o.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by okotv(m): 6:27am On Nov 19, 2014
now is this what PDP can offer us

they really need to vote in change
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by ednut1(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2014
university of doom
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by izikjon(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2014
So sad...how fast is our educational standard #falling
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by speakthetruth: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2014
Y go to such a sch in the first instance?
God will help the students to help themselves.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2014
I never knew plateau state had a university....
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by farem: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2014
'Fresh air' in the air!
That will be realised after 2015. Meanwhile do not forget we gave minority governors' captain and that's cool with us
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Adeoba10(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2014
f
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by tolulope855(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2014
really?
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by holatin(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2014
incase
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by akinsadeez(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2014
I can only imagine the students being in final year knowing that their final exam is really of no use. Wastage of four years of their lives. What I can't understand is how the students sought for admission into a school that has never graduated even a single set. It makes no sense at all. Were they expecting a sudden miracle in the course of their stay in the school. Unbelievable.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2014
If after writing jamb 9times the only admission you can get is into plateau state university, know that the witches in your village are hosting a crusade untop your matter.
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by littlemistress: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2014
9 solid years? No accreditation, No graduate? One word: Pathetic
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by ignis: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2014
This is worse than ASUU. ..
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by tolugar: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Wooootttttttt!!!!!!!!!! angry

And she told me she graduated from
Plateau poly.

Chie!!!! I will kill her
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by kelechiMarie(f): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
undecided
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by femidejulius(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
Plateau State of Nigeria... This is not unexpected.

I also know the state government is very good at owning salaries. For instance I know that the teachers in public primary and secondary schools are being owed over 7 months salaries as at late last month. See... http://leadership.ng/news/education/388136/plateau-teachers-protest-non-payment-7-months-salaries .I also know that the governor of the state is a old grandfather who is recognised by the PDP and the presidency as the authentic chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum.

Like Plateau like Benue..
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
tolugar:
Wooootttttttt!!!!!!!!!! angry

And she told me she graduated from
Plateau poly.

Chie!!!! I will kill her

grin
Re: Nine Years Plateau State Universty Jos Yet To Produce A Single Graduate. by zantama05(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
you knw is not there fault there governor is busy transforming PDP governors forum daz way :

(1) (Reply)

IMSU Student Dies While "Celebrating" Final Year Students / Federal University Of Technology Minna Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / My Stature Isn't Different From That Of A Student - Youngest Lecturer In LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.