Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. (4213 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Ngozi Okonjo-iweala With President Of Côte D'ivoire / Video Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Dancing / A Picture Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The World Bank Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by patrick89(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

My guy. Do you ever criticise any politician? If so, are you at the politician's "level"? The fact is that NOI is a fraud and a thief. She made a killing during that debt write off scam and she is back because she decieved people into seeing her as a saint.
it is not always enough to call names, thief, fraud, and so on, but to detail those things she stole you will not!! Look its not all about writing garbage on social media..

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by patrick89(m): 8:21am On Nov 19, 2014
barcanista:
Iwaela case is a pathetic one. A flop she is and an economic dwarf with poor understanding of the Nigeria economic environment.
you can't even defend this your post.. Can you explain to Nigerians in details what she has done that could have done in your own "better way"?
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2014
Anyi3:

My hommie it's not an APC thing. The way I feel is this administration has done woefully in a good number of things. Should we just carry on? Wetin concern SWF with this talk.
It's a matter of simple logic, the economy is down. Who's the so called "Coordinating Minister of the economy "? Why shouldn't we blame the person?
Please answer those questions and leave party alliances out of this
you know there are these kind of folks we term "incompetent" at work and we don't waste time in firing them. They give flimsy excuses for their shortcomings and failures, blame the environment and fellow team mates rather than accept responsibility for their woes. What we ask them most times is if you knew all this may happen and were not competent enough , why did you take on the job ?

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2014
patrick89:
you can't even defend this your post.. Can you explain to Nigerians in details what she has done that could have done in your own "better way"?
oga , stop this lame and pity seeker posts. It is not about what he can do . The pictures are clear , our economy is a failed one.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Jesusloveyou: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2014
jaymichael:
Just few weeks back, Maddam Ngozi "HOUDINI" Iweala (the voodoo economist) gave us some "abracadabra " statistics on how our economy is growing and doing so fine. Now, we told to brace up for austerity. A juxtaposition of these two scenarios beat my imagination. The economy is fine but sorry be ready more hardship.
she said d rich should also taste some hardship,is not only d poor.she has be happy over 2yrs seeing d poor buying kero for 150 naira instead of 50 naira.d missing $20b is from kero subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by sunkoye: 9:53am On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
oga , stop this lame and pity seeker posts. It is not about what he can do . The pictures are clear , our economy is a failed one.
dont mind the guy joor....even Jonathan is amazed how paid miscreants on social media manage to lie and defend with impunity to keep their job.

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Mayydayy(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2014
ok
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2014
patrick89:
voodoo economist right? I wonder when you and your mother will get to her level. typing poo behind laptop doesn't make you great,,,

you sound like a low pleb. what is ur business with his parent. was his parent appointed to manage the Nigeria economy. was the poster assessing NOI based on her wealth? must everyone be NOI self. your level of foolishness will even baffle the fools. Hiss....

7 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
she said d rich should also taste some hardship,is not only d poor.she has be happy over 2yrs seeing d poor buying kero for 150 naira instead of 50 naira.d missing $20b is from kero subsidy.
oh she knows the people are having it hard. These guys don't have the needy nigerians at heart. They are just there to please some individuals.... Will the rich ever face hardship. If you decide to tax dangote so bad what happens when he decides to slash the salary of his workers.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by CyberWolf: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2014
And the campaign of calumny continues..that fact is that you lots can never do any shiiit about it other than ranting here..if you are pained, go and splash your cranium content on the wall.. angry
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by drnoel: 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
jaymichael:
Just few weeks back, Maddam Ngozi "HOUDINI" Iweala (the voodoo economist) gave us some "abracadabra " statistics on how our economy is growing and doing so fine. Now, we told to brace up for austerity. A juxtaposition of these two scenarios beat my imagination. The economy is fine but sorry be ready more hardship.

Do the fall in oil prices don't seem to u like a good excuse or are u floating in the moon while the rest are in Nigeria. Just cause u hate someone should make u bad mouth the person. Na wah 4 una way dey NL.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by drnoel: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
casualobserver1:
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the worst type of thief. She is a green snake slithering silently in green grass. NOI made BILLIONS of naira during the so-called debt write off, but continues to use her "modest" dressing to fool people. She did not leave the World Bank during OBJ era to help anybody, she came to help herself and some key members of OBJ's crew make serious cash.

The entire debt write off was a huge scam. OBJ did it because he realized he had no legacy to leave behind and felt that leaving the country "debt-free" would help him cover up. This is a man who was claiming that GSM was part of his legacy. You can imagine. Something that was started by Abacha. Iweala was only brought in to make people less suspicious. If a typical Nigerian minister was in charge, people would have looked at it more closely.

Prove ur allegations or just hold ur peace.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
angry
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
CyberWolf:
And the campaign of calumny continues..that fact is that you lots can never do any shiiit about it other than ranting here..if you are pained, go and splash your cranium content on the wall.. angry
well , we be voting soon. If you think nothing can be one. You wanna the e fighters I can see

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
drnoel:

Do the fall in oil prices don't seem to u like a good excuse or are u floating in the moon while the rest are in Nigeria. Just cause u hate someone should make u bad mouth the person. Na wah 4 una way dey NL.
what has become of her actions before the fall in the prices of crude.... Yea , he hates her, would you talk good about someone you hate . Except you are one of those pretenders that see no wrong in whatever the government does. I am not a party supporter , I give credit to whoever does what is right and is a man of his words.

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by drnoel: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
what has become of her actions before the fall in the prices of crude.... Yea , he hates her, would you talk good about someone you hate . Except you are one of those pretenders that see no wrong in whatever the government does. I am not a party supporter , I give credit to whoever does what is right and is a man of his words.

A little too hard for someone u know nothing about. If it's pretense to ask u to look beyond hate and sentiments just so u can arrive at logical conclusion. Then am guilty. If it's pretense to ask questions without bias, regardless of who gets fussed then am guilty. As far as I am aware NOI is apolitical in her stance as the minister of finance and all her statements.If that being the case why bring in ur hatred 4 PDP into this. I am one of those that can work with people I dislik, let the person know i dislike the person but still be able to work with that person. I don't pretend and people who know me always know where they stand with me. Think b4 u talk and learn to talk without bias.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
drnoel:

A little too hard for someone u know nothing about. If it's pretense to ask u to look beyond hate and sentiments just so u can arrive at logical conclusion. Then am guilty. If it's pretense to ask questions without bias, regardless of who gets fussed then am guilty. As far as I am aware NOI is apolitical in her stance as the minister of finance and all her statements.If that being the case why bring in ur hatred 4 PDP into this. I am one of those that can work with people I dislik, let the person know i dislike the person but still be able to work with that person. I don't pretend and people who know me always know where they stand with me. Think b4 u talk and learn to talk without bias.
oh thanks , I don't hate PDP. I have some great comments about some member of the party. Bro , there is a difference between a politician that relates with the average Nigerian and one that has singled out his or her associations. I know you may say it depends on one position, but no bro. I ll give you examples the minister of agriculture is doing a great job, same was with health and trade.when they talk you know they still have that connection with the poor masses. ameachi , akpabio ,kwankwaso ... These are people out of the countless ex and present PDP members. The truth is okonjo has lost touch with the masses, for her to say it is now time for the rich to feel hardship shows she has, my brother atimes when I drive to a filling station and I see a taxi driver , atimes I pay his bills and. Wonder he copes . We all remember the whole subsidy ish. It's really hard for this class of citizens.The strength of any country is its finance and she is managing that position.the country debts has increased with no project to pay this debt. It is not bad to be indebted as long as there are projects to pay these debts. The bhurj Khalifa in Dubai was built via debt, but today it has payed the debt and is generating income. If the internal audits came out about missing funds , what do you expect an external audit to do ? Obviously , okonjo has not only lost credibility to Nigerians , she as lost it to the world as long as she is part of a government the word termed as dangerously corrupt and still covering up this ills .I so much was in love with her before now ,when I heard her name alongside ezekwisili, akinyuli, remi oyo, rukayat but now I don't think so.

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by casualobserver1: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
do Nigerians read on past issues ... No . She cornered about 6 millions dollars for that debt relief. OBj didn't want to sack her to cause her shame that was why her port folio was changed.

That is the big problem. People don't read up. Those that fail to learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. Her so called Harvard training doesnt mean anything if she has been shown to be corrupt to the bone. People thing that because she doesn't show off like Allison-Madueke she is a saint. Just too bad.

The issue of drop in ooil price was predicted right from 2010 when the US began to invest in shale oil production. By 2012, US imports of oil had started dropping and even Saudi Arabia quietly raised alarm. During all this time she did not say anything or encourage belt tightening measures. She kept looking and pocketing money.

Now, people are advocating fire-brigade approach when the fire was seen before it reached our house. I tire for this country sef. They should not finish the money- let me also come and take my own because nobody is serious at all.

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by casualobserver1: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
9jawear:

bros you are on point ... we shld also blame obj and ppl like ibb .. they were confirmed western boy boy
Always eager to please the west deliberately decapitating our economy .

Thats why i dont fall for all this harvard this, professor that bullshit ..

Dont we have secret economic societies in Nigeria sho secretly promote a countrys agenda

IBB was another one. Someone that spent one TRILLION naira in today's money on phantom "Transition Programme". Chai. Nigeria has suffered. The Harvard name that they are claiming is just to deceive the gullible. We have people that talk about what is going on, people that can effect a change but they don't have the money or willpower to actually change things.

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by casualobserver1: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Unemadu:

Dangotes refinery will be ready in 2017

My guy, Dangote's refinery will siphon the profits into his pocket. The money OBJ wasted could have been used to create a limitless source of income for an education intervention fund. Imagine if just 10 percent of the profits from a refinery is being put into a fund for technical training of young Nigerians. Or being used to distribute basic medicine to rural hospitals. This is what we are talking about.

OBJ failed and he knows it.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Unemadu: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

My guy, Dangote's refinery will siphon the profits into his pocket. The money OBJ wasted could have been used to create a limitless source of income for an education intervention fund. Imagine if just 10 percent of the profits from a refinery is being put into a fund for technical training of young Nigerians. Or being used to distribute basic medicine to rural hospitals. This is what we are talking about.

Nothing govt controlled works. I thought we should know this by now.

Ok what happened to our four refineries?
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Unemadu:

Nothing govt controlled works. I thought we should know this by now.

Ok what happened to our four refineries?
yes , nothing works under the govt, but dangote building refinery is not privitastion. Why didn't the power consortium companies build fresh Power stations.There are willing investors that would invest in those defunct refineries. We have been hearing about them signing , yet nothing. The mid stream needs competition just like the down stream and upstream not monopoly. Have you ever wondered why dangote is not a key player in the upstream sector ? He has got loads of international and national companies to compete with. That's why you find him key in the downstream.he is rich, yea but with nigeria money.... his products are not a global brand but that's not the debate anyways

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Canme4u(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hmmmmmm, I weep for my country.

Now, am on 0 1 0 and someone is there telling me our economy is the biggest in Africa.
Indeed, Jonathan's destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Unemadu: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
casualobserver1:

All the profits wont go to his pockets, whatever happened to taxes? This is how the USA works. Their economy is privately run with strong Taxes system.

What we dont have in Nigeria is law enforcement.

If u steal u go to jail

If u dont pay taxes, u go to jail

simple!!

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Youngzedd(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
correctguy0900:

you sound like a low pleb. what is ur business with his parent. was his parent appointed to manage the Nigeria economy. was the poster assessing NOI based on her wealth? must everyone be NOI self. your level of foolishness will even baffle the fools. Hiss....

The guy don hide, no food for him tonight.

Your last sentence sent the guy to river niger.

He won't show up again. Personally I get mad at people when the reason with their anus.

Kudos for replying the guy with a perfect response.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by patrick89(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
correctguy0900:

seriously? NOI is someone's mother have you forgotten!? Caked brain!!
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by patrick89(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
her voice was laud on Sovereign wealth fund that was seriously objected to by Amechi led group, she has championed the diversification of our economy.. People should learn to say the truth at least..
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Ovamboland(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
patrick89:
supporter of APC as you lots were fondly called, did you remember when she brought up the SWF and your supporters of APC leaders like Amechi sued FG over that.. Now that we are in this kind of mess, you choose to blast Gej and NOI

If the governors sued the FG it means the plan is against the law. If it is a lawful move, the FG need not backdown all they need to do is prove it in court, that is the beauty of democracy, it makes it difficult for any one man to impose his will on us all no matter how righteous. We should learn to do things in orderly fashion

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by patrick89(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
majekdom2:
prophet of doom! Our economy hasn't failed it is not you!! You are the failure personified!
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
patrick89:
her voice was laud on Sovereign wealth fund that was seriously objected to by Amechi led group, she has championed the diversification of our economy.. People should learn to say the truth at least..
what diversification we talking here. ? Elaborate pls. It was objected because we will have same story as the subsidy and missing billion dollars.
Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2014
Youngzedd:

The guy don hide, no food for him tonight.

Your last sentence sent the guy to river niger.

He won't show up again. Personally I get mad at people when the reason with their anus.

Kudos for replying the guy with a perfect response.

I dey tell you my brother. the greatest task u assigned to yourself is to argue with such people. very illogical and annoying ideas dat don't even follow. awww...

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. by Keluong(m): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
patrick89:
voodoo economist right? I wonder when you and your mother will get to her level. typing poo behind laptop doesn't make you great,,,
most silly comment on nairaland
I don't even know where to start from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej Reads Out Babangida's Coup Text / Rivers Rerun: INEC Releases More Result. / Notice To All Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, And APC Supporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.