Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It (42071 Views)

Insidious Things Our Phones Do To Us Without Realizing ( Must Read ) / 9 Ways Students Waste Money, Possible Solutions / Universal Concept Of Mental Arithmetic System (UCMAS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Yes please grin
MadCow1:
OP....

Can pouring Redbull or Power horse on my head help replensih my Mental Energy?!
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Toppie2(f): 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chubhie:
When I feel drained, I go to a Higher mountain and spend a night. I comeback well grounded and loaded with lots of energies. It is a crazy world we live in. I have come to realise that the inflow of original ideas are always distorted in noisy environment. Regardless of a chaotic world, I strive to create a serene calming sanctuary in my home. A lady once thought I was mysterious. Have always been careful who I can trust enough to let into that private world. I guess it gonna take a goddess to make it happen. In the main time, I elect to enjoy my uniqueness and beingness in a world I find crazy yet amusing. I know I'm not part of this existence only visiting and have learnt a GREAT deal of hard lessons here and I know now appreciate all that. I wish to be no OTHER than ME and won't compromise my truths for any. I know there are legions as me out there and I do have a chance meeting once in a while with em. Namaste.
This is jst how i want my life buh my environment and d kinda ppl that surround me wouldn't allow
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by jaz(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
op should try working in an audit firm. u know the rest...
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by lonelydora: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
I am guilty of Number 4. But mine is more than 6 times a day.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Mayor88(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dhellake:
where is the 7th?
7. Bothering yourself about d seventh point.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by johnemeka(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good one.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Emmalot121(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
ifeness:
Praying to unknown entities and deities like Yahweh and Allah is a waste of mental energy.
Even after I proofed that Yahweh exists
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Abraham2013(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Watching super eagles and arsenal fc play is a serious waste of energy.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Kingjovani(m): 1:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Yes,i agree with you bro
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Even after I proofed that Yahweh exists

You can't prove it.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Chubhie: 6:12am On Nov 20, 2014
Toppie2:

This is jst how i want my life buh my environment and d kinda ppl that surround me wouldn't allow
You will always get a chance to live your truths. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step so, live your truths by taking baby steps. It will be worth it in the end.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Chubhie: 6:20am On Nov 20, 2014
qtx:

sounds like u have read alot of lobsang rampa's works. well urs seems to be going to the extreme. I love serene and peaceful environment 2 and i try to achieve that without necessarily doing it in a way that it begins to sound scary. lol
Just hearing bout the guy you mentioned for the first time. Will you be gracious enough to give me a link to his best work good sire? Scary? Lol. If, it works for you,makes you happy and a better human by all means, keep doing it.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Chubhie: 6:41am On Nov 20, 2014
Mathematical:

Nature? Don't tell me you sense aura?
Once anyone can answer the question asked in psalm 24:3 and met the requirements stated in verse 4 you can sense it. Sorry I have to use the bible to pass across a message. If, you don't subscribe to it my apologies . Would have loved to use Koran or some lines from the stoics but that verses captures the message.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Emmalot121(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2014
ifeness:

You can't prove it.
Didn't I prove to you that God exist with my Misogynist2014 account? undecided
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by joe4christ(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2014
Chubhie:
When I feel drained, I go to a Higher mountain and spend a night. I comeback well grounded and loaded with lots of energies. It is a crazy world we live in. I have come to realise that the inflow of original ideas are always distorted in noisy environment. Regardless of a chaotic world, I strive to create a serene calming sanctuary in my home. A lady once thought I was mysterious. Have always been careful who I can trust enough to let into that private world. I guess it gonna take a goddess to make it happen. In the main time, I elect to enjoy my uniqueness and beingness in a world I find crazy yet amusing. I know I'm not part of this existence only visiting and have learnt a GREAT deal of hard lessons here and I know now appreciate all that. I wish to be no OTHER than ME and won't compromise my truths for any. I know there are legions as me out there and I do have a chance meeting once in a while with em. Namaste.

You sure are enlightened, such a scarce commodity in this deluded world of ignorance we live in.
It's really hard for enlightened fellas like us with the opposition from ignorant people who would criticize your stance thinking they knew any better...
Anyways, goodluck as you likewise learn the lessons live throws at you...

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2014
Emmalot121:
Didn't I prove to you that God exist with my Misogynist2014 account? undecided

Lol are you kidding me? All you did was beat about the bush and quotes from a book. I asked you to explain Deutoronomy 20:10-15,you couldn't.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Chubhie: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2014
joe4christ:

You sure are enlightened, such a scarce commodity in this deluded world of ignorance we live in.
It's really hard for enlightened fellas like us with the opposition from ignorant people who would criticize your stance thinking they knew any better...
Anyways, goodluck as you likewise learn the lessons live throws at you...
One thing I'm certain of is the Socratic paradox that says- I know that I know nothing.I'm welcoming the lessons and using it to become a better person to myself and those around me. Proverbs 3:12 The intelligent mind teaches those he loves.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by IamDanto7(m): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2014
2. Giving away your power.
There are so many ways to give away your power. The
basic idea, though, is that you give away your power
when you say or perceive that
someone or something else is in charge of your life (or
an aspect of it), rather than you. This can be as simple
as always waiting for directions before you take action,
or more complex like blaming your genes for a medical
condition that limits you. When you give away your
power, you give away your ability to make choices that
will make your life better. For instance, you may not be
able to do anything about an inherited medical
condition, but you can still choose to live life to the full
with that condition. Doing this will energize you.

Does that include too much sex too? cos some guys and ladies too like to get down there :-/
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fralex:
som ppl go dey folo folo go find demselves inside one coven by 2am. Matchwww jare

Lol. Speaking from experience?
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by PROVENSOLUTION: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
What about not taking time to to meditate. Before executing anything or uttering anything.
http://provensolutionsng..com/
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
godofwar666:
kuku say we shouldn't do anything again now undecided
ahbi o
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Emmalot121(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
ifeness:

Lol are you kidding me? All you did was beat about the bush and quotes from a book. I asked you to explain Deutoronomy 20:10-15,you couldn't.
Maybe you are referring to another person cos I only quoted the bible once. I used infinity, nothing, something and everything to proof the existence of God. As for your question, since it relates to the Bible, its very easy cos the answer lies in Bible.
Open to Isaiah 1 vs 20 ''But if you defy me, you are doomed to die. I THE LORD HAVE SPOKEN(emphasis added)''
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by mzzpriscy(f): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nice one...
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by SenatorJames(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mayydayy:
the same people will come and tell us that storing so much info in the brain is the best way to exercise and keep the brain active.
A lot of dos and don'ts on Nairaland since 2005.

@Op, Thanks for the information. Lesson learnt.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Jimmyo3(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Chubhie:
that's same thing I say to myself when I observe myself as an outsider but when I look in the mirror, I appreciate the container and the content. It will also get 'weirdier' if I tell you am more energised when I get closer to nature. I'm getting sensitive to energies around me. There r just some people you merely stand few meters away and you get drained while have experienced boosts of energies when someone walks into a room. It is quite funny being human.
u are a mysterious being,it is Amoch,Ekankar,grail message etc...
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Spydamannn(m): 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
SkinnyDude:
i forget things easily. op, what do you think is the cause? and give me solution.
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Spydamannn(m): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=Spydamannn post=28203138][/quote]schwo
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by geedot: 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
1. Supporting Arsenal Fc, choi, that team go kill their fans one day.. Or Chelsea against barca where you see a Formation of 8-1-1, the (1) wey dey front self dey mark for back, i'm a barca fan, but the day i knew what chelsea fans had been going through was when i supported Athletico to defeat Madrid in the final of last season's champ. league, i almost died that day due to the way they were pressurized, i knew that a goal for madrid was inevitable, immediately they equalized, i left the viewing centre immediately cos i no wan die of hyper..
2. By playing soccer-bet, imagine a dude played an accumulation of let's say 12games and 8 of 'em re playing @ the same time, you know say that one gidi gan.. He checked man-u and they've equalized and he was happy only to see burnley playing 2-0 already in 8mins and he played 'em that they wouldn't score more than 2goals..
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Victorious1(f): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
Ehimenboy:

Nairaland is a big example-- particularly without any specific purpose while having a mindset to relax. As I read the op, my thoughts went that way too because any time I go online to relax from some mental activity, I find out that I have to wait for some mind re-orientation together with deep breaths before I can get back to the activity. I also find that my head tends to be heavy after this supposed 'breaks'. I think just resting without thinking actively is OK.
I totaly agree with you...your last line said it all! smiley I also find some real cool music more relaxing than net surfing...not necessarily paying attention to the lyrics, just the rhythm alone gives me the cooling effect I desire.. smiley But you know the saying; what works for one might not work for the other...
Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Ehimenboy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Victorious1:
But you know the saying; what works for one might not work for the other...
Wow. Interesting and noteworthy view!
#thumbs up#

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It by Victorious1(f): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Many thanks! smiley
Ehimenboy:

Wow. Interesting and noteworthy view!
#thumbs up#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar / Three ‘Missing’ Female-Undergraduates Found In Dubai / YABATECH Recalls Student From NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.