Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks (1008 Views)

PDP Warns Clark, Tompolo And Dokubo Over War Threat / Tompolo Replies Danjuma, Accuses Him Of Ignoring Apc’s Tirades / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
The controversy trailing the last week
Friday botched groundbreaking ceremony
of the $16billion Export Processing Zone
Project by President Goodluck Jonathan took
more deadly dimension Sunday as armed men
working reportedly working of ex-Niger Delta
militant Chief Government Ekpemupolo a.k.a.
Tompolo kidnapped South South Regional Editor
of the Vanguard newspaper, Emma Amaize,
South South Editor of Nation newspaper, Shola
O'Neil, a reporter with Daily Independent, Emma
Arubi, Channels TV cameraman/reporter and
others at Oporoza.
Tompolo
The kidnapped journalists, SaharaReporters
learned were in the creeks of Delta State this
afternoon to cover massive protests staged by
Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s kinsmen over
the manner the Tompolo and other Ijaw leaders
forced the cancellation of a major development
project in their area.
It was learned that the kidnapped journalists had
covered the protest staged by the Itsekiri people
at the EPZ site in Ogidigben, Warri South West
Local Government Area and were on their way
back to Warri when they ran into the ambush by
Tompolo’s men.
A security source who witnessed the kidnap, told
SaharaReporters on phone that the kidnapped
journalists were after several hours handed over
to the army stationed in the creeks by the armed
men who claimed that arms were found inside
their boat.
Tompolo, it was learned had on Thursday last
week took some group of journalists to the
creeks to cover a protest carried out by Ijaws of
Gbaramatu kingdom warning President Goodluck
Jonathan not to enter the area to perform the
groundbreaking ceremony an action that forced
the President to cancel the ceremony.
Confirming the kidnap of the journalists, the
Commanding Officer, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS
Delta), Navy Captain Musa Gemu told
SaharaReporters that his men have been
deployed to the creek in order to free the
journalists.
Gemu said he gathered that the journalists were
in Ogidigben to cover an event and were on their
way returning to Warri when some persons from
Gbaramatu kidnapped them, dismissing the
allegations that the journalists were armed
before they were taken hostage.
Meanwhile, the chairman of Nigerian Union of
Journalists, Delta state chapter, Comrade Norbert
Chiazor has condemned in its entirety the kidnap
of the the journalists, saying the action of the
Ijaw youths was nothing but barbaric and
uncalled for and demanded the unconditional and
immediate release of the kidnapped journalists.
Also, Chairman of the Warri correspondent of the
Nigerian Union of Journalists, Comrade Michael
Ikeogwu who condemned the action of the Ijaw
youths, call for the immediate release of his
colleagues, warning the warring tribes not to
drag journalists who are doing their legitimate
and constitutional duty into the crisis.
As at the time of this report, it's not clear
whether the Journalists have regained their
freedom.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/16/ex-niger-delta-militant-tompolo-kidnaps-journalists-others-delta-creeks
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by 2cato: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2014
And ur point is?
Well sha methink all these yeye warlord should be made to undestand that power is transient
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2014
armed men
working reportedly working of ex-Niger Delta
militant Chief Government Ekpemupolo a.k.a.
Tompolo kidnapped South South Regional Editor
of the Vanguard newspaper, Emma Amaize,

South South Editor of Nation newspaper, Shola
O'Neil, a reporter with Daily Independent, Emma
Arubi, Channels TV cameraman/reporter and
others at Oporoza.

One day, President Jonathan will leave office.....all these barbaric attitudes of his kinsmen will be brought to the open for justice.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

One day, President Jonathan will leave office.....all these barbaric attitudes of his kinsmen will be brought to the open for justice.
I don't think we have had it this bad in recent times. I also read today that the president order a probe into the kidnapping, whatever happened to arresting the culprits/suspects? I guess they are untouchable

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

I don't think we have had it this bad in recent times. I also read today that the president order a probe into the kidnapping, whatever happened to arresting the culprits/suspects? I guess they are untouchable
When I talk before say Tompolo na PDP and Jonathan property and he's well protected and untouchable,some people say na lie. Una don see am?
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Very true.....your exact sentiments above about Nigerians never having it this bad and the fact that those reporters categorically stated that they were taken to Tompolo's house in the village.....and why setting up a probe? Why not just let the security people take it up as a criminal act? These sentiments were expressed on a radio programme this morning.

Really.....if those that fought for this democracy have the slightest idea that this is what we will get after 16 years....they would never have put their lives at risk...and just allowed the military guys to continue....at least they have a better command structure.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by spenca: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

My brother that one day is here, let's put hands together and put a stop to all these come 2015 , I am not saying GMB is the best man for Nigeria but he is a better man for Nigeria than GEJ
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Very true.....your exact sentiments above about Nigerians never having it this bad and the fact that those reporters categorically stated that they were taken to Tompolo's house in the village.....and why setting up a probe? Why not just let the security people take it up as a criminal act? These sentiments were expressed on a radio programme this morning.

Really.....if those that fought for this democracy have the slightest idea that this is what we will get after 16 years....they would never have put their lives at risk...and just allowed the military guys to continue....at least they have a better command structure.
Very well said, expecially those that lost their lives during the struggle. I wonder why the media guys are not even fighting for justice.
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2014
spenca:

My brother that one day is here, let's put hands together and put a stop to all these come 2015 , I am not saying GMB is the best man for Nigeria but he is a better man for Nigeria than GEJ

Correct.....

I still maintain that in this current precarious situation that we've found ourselves....a man with a bit of military understanding will be a good bonus to solve our myriad of security challenges ....most of these military men surrounding GEJ are using the man naivety about military and security issues to bleed this country financially...

GMB is well positioned to tackle these challenges....and with the right man as VP.....Nigeria should be able to halt this descent into abyss and chart a new developmental path..
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Very well said, expecially those that lost their lives during the struggle. I wonder why the media guys are not even fighting for justice.

In the midst of despair....God has always come to rescue Nigeria.....2015 won't be different....God will again rescue Nigeria, I am very optimistic about that...Nigeria will survive these present evil men.
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by focus7: 8:37am On Nov 19, 2014
It is on record that Jonathan has been aiding criminality since 2011.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by spenca: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Correct.....

I still maintain that in this current precarious situation that we've found ourselves....a man with a bit of military understanding will be a good bonus to solve our myriad of security challenges ....most of these military men surrounding GEJ are using the man naivety about military and security issues to bleed this country financially...

GMB is well positioned to tackle these challenges....and with the right man as VP.....Nigeria should be able to halt this descent into abyss and chart a new developmental path..

Sir I can not agree with you more, Local hunters and vigilantes now display more bravery than many of our men and women in uniform

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by spenca: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2014
focus7:
It is on record that Jonathan has been aiding criminality since 2015.

2015 ? I say 1960
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Energito: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2014
spenca:

how is he better mr man?were you born when he was head of state?if yes tell me what he run his govt,if no close your mouth.
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by spenca: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Energito:
how is he better mr man?were you born when he was head of state?if yes tell me what he run his govt,if no close your mouth.

I am sure if you were born then you would know , I wouldn't have to lecture you on that and if you don't know please go do some research and afterwards juxtapose it with that of GEJ and you got your answer .

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by Sparrow13: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Amen
Re: Tompolo Kidnapsjournalists, Others In Deltacreeks by dridowu: 10:04am On Nov 19, 2014
True, i heard it on wazobia fm. So sad militant are now having more power just because oga himself his sm how sacred of them.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders DSS To Open APC Data Centre / ABIA 2015, Cast Ur Votes For APGA Lets Humiliate T.A Orji Nd His Puppet. / Boko Haram Releases Chilling Video - CNN (Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.