Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic (4917 Views)

Attack On Oil Installation: Is Tompolo Really Responsible Or Someone Else Is? / Breaking News: Buhari Unveils Office Of The First Daughter of the president(pic) / Senators Visit Atiku To Show Their Support For Saraki As Senate President (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Philipmems(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2014
This is a question Mr President,... R. Abati, Omokri Should answer instead of ranting on twitter like uncultured vagabons. we will not stand and watch injustice smile on the people, this is not just because a friend and brother Mr Samuel B. Eyengho was unduly brutalised and is still unaccounted for or the innocent journalists doing their job, this raging Dog must be put on a short leash else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed even the gods are wise.

Find the press statement from Festus Keyamo Chambers below...

We have been briefed by the family members and friends of the following persons who were kidnapped, tortured and nearly killed (along with some journalists) by the hirelings of one Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) on Sunday, November 16, 2014, in Delta State: 1.) Mr. Eyengho B. Samuel 2.) Tokunbor Oluwaleye 3.) Kelvin Tuduo 4.) Ekpen 5.) Edema Eburajolor 6.) Otos Lemun and 7.) Dolor Emmanuel. Please continue..

The facts are that the aforementioned boys (hereinafter referred to as “the seven victims”), together with some journalists from different media houses went to Ogidingben in Delta State on Sunday, November 16, 2014, to get first-hand coverage of the crises leading to the cancellation of the commissioning of the EPZ Project by President Jonathan two days earlier. Recall that I raised an alarm last week about the threat by Tompolo in respect of the commissioning of the project by the President. True to the alarm, the President called off the commissioning because of the threat by Tompolo.

When leaving the venue, the journalists were joined on the boat by the seven victims, three of whom were given a free ride, one was a boat driver and three were from the company that owns the boat.

On their way from Ogidingben after their assignments, the seven victims and the journalists were stopped in their boats and blocked by more than ten other boats loaded with fierce-looking and armed hooligans around an area called Tebujo, which is also near an area called Opuraja. The seven victims and the journalists were then evacuated from their boat into one of the boats of the hooligans. Along the line, Tompolo called and spoke with one of the journalists and he confirmed that he sent the hooligans to accost them and that they should “co-operate” with his boys.

The seven victims and the journalists were then taken to Tompolo’s house in Opuraja where they were beaten to pulp by Tompolo’s boys. The cameras of the journalists were all seized and the memory cards were removed so that they could not show what they went to cover. Unknown to them however, the journalists all had back-ups of their materials in their external hard disks which Tompolo’s boys did not see and seize.

It was a near-death experience for all the victims and in particular for Mr. Tokunbor Oluwaleye who is suffering from internal bleeding and is in a critical condition till today. It took the intervention of Naval and Army personnel in the area for the victims and journalists to be rescued from the hands of Tompolo’s boys later that evening.

Sirs, your failure to simply carry out your statutory duties of arrest, investigation and prosecution of Tompolo for his various acts of lawlessness is now a national and an international embarrassment to the Government of President Goodluck Jonathan. It is disgusting to all men of normal minds to see a private citizen strutting all over the place, threatening lives, abducting citizens, (perhaps silently killing voiceless persons) and you hide your heads in the sand. Yet, he moves about with nearly a whole platoon of Army and security personnel that even a serving Governor cannot get. What is going on?

Recall that I wrote a complaint of the open threat to my life by the same individual nearly two weeks ago, yet you have not even done as little as write me an acknowledgment letter. It is such a shame. This unhealthy romance between government officials in high places and this individual raises strong suspicion over, perhaps, some criminal dalliance in relation to shady deals. I am confident that time will tell us better. There is no better way to see this. But I have decided that enough is enough.

TAKE NOTICE that if within 72 hours of the receipt of this petition you fail, refuse and/or neglect to invite/arrest, investigate and perhaps prosecute Mr. Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) for the threat to my life and the attempted murder of these seven victims and the journalists, I will be proceeding to court to compel you to do your duties under the law.

I would want you to come and tell the court what is tying your hands against Tompolo.

The ball is in your court.

Yours most trusted,

FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.

Head of Chambers

10 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2014
Things are really getting out of hand

1 Like

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by owobokiri(m): 11:31am On Nov 19, 2014
Tompolo is the government and the government is Tompolo. Festus, you should know. I guess we have finally come to a situation where invented godfathers are now monied enough to challenge the state. The end is near.

5 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by 99100(m): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
They said an attack on Tompolo is an attack on our oil facilities.
Hmm!!
Nigeria can not afford a war with Tompolo right now.

You call that being coward Ask Obj and his successor Yaradua.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
99100:
Hmm!!

Which kind yeye blackmail be this? Where was Tompolo under obj or abacha.

15 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by saint047(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

tompolo was everywhere during obj.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
saint047:
tompolo was everywhere during obj.
Was he also in jail alongside Asari Dokubo in under obj? The militancy started around the tail end of 2006 and the were very well dealt with.

4 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by gift01: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is a big shame to Jonathan's government. He has made powerful crooks everywhere instead of building institutions. Only God knows whose behind Boko Haram. The Chibok girls might even be in the creek or isolated islands of Niger Delta

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Sirniyeh(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tompolo is a coward. Why not go to North East to confront BH. Yeye animal in kinghong clothing. What Nigerians don't know is that, Gej has hidden agenda to split the nation after his defeat in 2015 election. He dares not tamper with Tompolo

11 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by atlwireles: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Tp aka Tompolo was at the same place he is today. In his village in Gbaramatu Kingdom. Ask the dead col Dung, he knew TP, ask Ibori he knew TP ask Obj's national security advisers, they personally met with Tompolo. Tompolo has always been at his place in Gbaramatu Kingdom for almost 21 years.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by atlwireles: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Tompolo is a coward. Why not go to North East to confront BH. Yeye animal in kinghong clothing. What Nigerians don't know is that, Gej has hidden agenda to split the nation after his defeat in 2015 election. He dares not tamper with Tompolo

See your brain, go to northeast to do what?

1 Like

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Tp aka Tompolo was at the same place he is today. In his village in Gbaramatu Kingdom. Ask the dead col Dung, he knew TP, ask Ibori he knew TP ask Obj's national security advisers, they personally met with Tompolo. Tompolo has always been at his place in Gbaramatu Kingdom for almost 21 years.
I see you are his online spokesperson

15 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by atlwireles: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

I see you are his online spokesperson

grin grin grin grin, you needed an answer.

1 Like

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by ogbronx(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Imagine the Niger delta as a country of its own. The region would be a war zone with various warlords. My people are naturally aggressive and restive. All vice would be normal behaviour.
Life in the nigerdelta would be worse than columbia.

12 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by 99100(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

I can recall reading an interview a certain newspaper had with Asari Dokubo's wife while Asari was in prison during late Yar'adua's tenure.

She was asked same question of why Tompolo never striked during Obj's time.

She said that Obj knowing fully well that Tompolo had what it takes to unsettle his govt, consoled him by allocating so many oil blocks to him

That problem only started when Yaradua came on board and refused to continue with that system.

1 Like

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
99100:

I can recall reading an interview a certain newspaper had with Asari Dokubo's wife while Asari was in prison during late Yar'adua's tenure.

She was asked same question of why Tompolo never striked during Obj's time.

She said that Obj knowing fully well that Tompolo had what it takes to unsettle his govt, consoled him by allocating so many oil blocks to him

That problem only started when Yaradua came on board and refused to continue with that system.

Tompolo ’s profile and stature soared in 2006 when he
gathered his fellow group leaders from across the
Niger Delta at Camp 5 to accord their struggle a
definite name and platform. Besides, the new platform
was meant to be immediately used to press for the
release of Asari and Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the
former Bayelsa State governor, both of who were
incarcerated by the federal government . So it was at
Camp 5 , Tompolo ’s headquarters , that the Movement
of the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, was
formed .

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/14/tompolo-the-billionaire-militant/

Tompolo like shekau is a creation of a weak state.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Mayydayy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
why would mr president keep bringing shame to himself and the country at large by making his incompetence so glaring.it still beats my reasoning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by tellwisdom: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
Guy, go and fight for yourself and leave us alone ...After all, he's a man like you undecided
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by akinsadeez(m): 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
It s very sad that at this time and age certain citizens are above the law. Only God knows the amount of lives this tompolo character must have wasted without any body to raise alarm. It seems both the governor and the president are afraid of him. May God help us.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by kestolove95(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
99100:
Hmm!!

even Gej knws that GMB can crush dix man in his 1week in office...GMB 2015

5 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by spenca: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Philipmems:
This is a question Mr President,... R. Abati, Omokri Should answer instead of ranting on twitter like uncultured vagabons. we will not stand and watch injustice smile on the people, this is not just because a friend and brother Mr Samuel B. Eyengho was unduly brutalised and is still unaccounted for or the innocent journalists doing their job, this raging Dog must be put on a short leash else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed even the gods are wise.

Find the press statement from Festus Keyamo Chambers below...

We have been briefed by the family members and friends of the following persons who were kidnapped, tortured and nearly killed (along with some journalists) by the hirelings of one Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) on Sunday, November 16, 2014, in Delta State: 1.) Mr. Eyengho B. Samuel 2.) Tokunbor Oluwaleye 3.) Kelvin Tuduo 4.) Ekpen 5.) Edema Eburajolor 6.) Otos Lemun and 7.) Dolor Emmanuel. Please continue..

The facts are that the aforementioned boys (hereinafter referred to as “the seven victims”), together with some journalists from different media houses went to Ogidingben in Delta State on Sunday, November 16, 2014, to get first-hand coverage of the crises leading to the cancellation of the commissioning of the EPZ Project by President Jonathan two days earlier. Recall that I raised an alarm last week about the threat by Tompolo in respect of the commissioning of the project by the President. True to the alarm, the President called off the commissioning because of the threat by Tompolo.

When leaving the venue, the journalists were joined on the boat by the seven victims, three of whom were given a free ride, one was a boat driver and three were from the company that owns the boat.

On their way from Ogidingben after their assignments, the seven victims and the journalists were stopped in their boats and blocked by more than ten other boats loaded with fierce-looking and armed hooligans around an area called Tebujo, which is also near an area called Opuraja. The seven victims and the journalists were then evacuated from their boat into one of the boats of the hooligans. Along the line, Tompolo called and spoke with one of the journalists and he confirmed that he sent the hooligans to accost them and that they should “co-operate” with his boys.

The seven victims and the journalists were then taken to Tompolo’s house in Opuraja where they were beaten to pulp by Tompolo’s boys. The cameras of the journalists were all seized and the memory cards were removed so that they could not show what they went to cover. Unknown to them however, the journalists all had back-ups of their materials in their external hard disks which Tompolo’s boys did not see and seize.

It was a near-death experience for all the victims and in particular for Mr. Tokunbor Oluwaleye who is suffering from internal bleeding and is in a critical condition till today. It took the intervention of Naval and Army personnel in the area for the victims and journalists to be rescued from the hands of Tompolo’s boys later that evening.

Sirs, your failure to simply carry out your statutory duties of arrest, investigation and prosecution of Tompolo for his various acts of lawlessness is now a national and an international embarrassment to the Government of President Goodluck Jonathan. It is disgusting to all men of normal minds to see a private citizen strutting all over the place, threatening lives, abducting citizens, (perhaps silently killing voiceless persons) and you hide your heads in the sand. Yet, he moves about with nearly a whole platoon of Army and security personnel that even a serving Governor cannot get. What is going on?

Recall that I wrote a complaint of the open threat to my life by the same individual nearly two weeks ago, yet you have not even done as little as write me an acknowledgment letter. It is such a shame. This unhealthy romance between government officials in high places and this individual raises strong suspicion over, perhaps, some criminal dalliance in relation to shady deals. I am confident that time will tell us better. There is no better way to see this. But I have decided that enough is enough.

TAKE NOTICE that if within 72 hours of the receipt of this petition you fail, refuse and/or neglect to invite/arrest, investigate and perhaps prosecute Mr. Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) for the threat to my life and the attempted murder of these seven victims and the journalists, I will be proceeding to court to compel you to do your duties under the law.

I would want you to come and tell the court what is tying your hands against Tompolo.

The ball is in your court.

Yours most trusted,

FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.

Head of Chambers

His head is not in the sand but that hat of his prolly is blocking his vision
let's put hands together and put a stop to all these come 2015 , I am not saying GMB is the best man for Nigeria but he is far a better man for Nigeria than GEJ, all you saTANist, My worries, if GEJ cannot halt the menace of Tompolo how then can he kill that of the Boko Haram sect , the none identity of the enemy is not an excuse here is it yet nothing is been done

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by 99100(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
kestolove95:
even Gej knws that GMB can crush dix man in his 1week in office...GMB 2015

…And General Obasanjo couldn't.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by cooljude(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Either this guy has been acting Godly or the people opposed to him want him out of the equation. Something must had happen. You can't just pick up a random person then start beating him. I feel some main details are hidden and i won't be surprise if by tomorrow Tompolo denies this allegation. The politics going on in that area presently is becoming dangerous and they either de-escalate the tension there or be ready to face a full blown crisis. I feel they should change the name of that plant to a neutral name for peace to reign.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by kestolove95(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
99100:

…And General Obasanjo couldn't.
and am tellin u GMB will crush him...is peopl lyk tompolo will nevr want GMB to win

2 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by bombay: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
There are many more people in the creeks waiting patiently who are far dangerous than TP grin be wise 2015 is in your hands hausa fulani will be childs play.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
WAO ODIKWA RISKY
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
@ o.p if you think say nigeria big pass am, go capture am. Em adress dey google
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Afroconnect: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
All men are mere mortals,a President that is afraid to die for the course is not worth it.

Mr President,the people own Nigeria-conscious men rather die than live under fear and oppression.

Reuben Abati you are the joker of the century,am sure you and your former Mentor Sir Patito can not be close allies no more cos you really have fallen,all cos of some money-very weak.
You are a shame Reuben...Nigerians have no empowerment,we don't bnefit from our resources,now you guys want to oppress us too?

Its always good for the leader to be on the side of the people,not to keep pushing us all to the wall cos there will be a reaction.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by chamboy(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
I trust GMB, he would have kidnapped this Modafuvker

6 Likes

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by atlwireles: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
^^^^^^ As long as you keep your revolution to your state and local government, nobody will care. Cross into another man's state, you become a trespasser, that must be stopped.
Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Youngzedd(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
Having a second thought about voting for Oga Jona.

1 Like

Re: Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic by Ovamboland(m): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
tellwisdom:
Guy, go and fight for yourself and leave us alone ...After all, he's a man like you undecided

A lost generation, this kind of characters should be living with animals in the jungle not in human societies governed by laws

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Impeachmemt:big Lesson For Ekiti State Judges / NPA Remitted N11.3 Billion 2018 Surplus To Government, Says Bala Usman / If South East Is A Dot In A Circle What Is The Meaning Of These 2 Dots?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.