Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,745 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. (928 Views)

''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) / “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by retepmurt(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Senator Jim Nwobodo yesterday narrated how his
son, Dr. Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo jnr died
following the alleged negligence of a doctor. Nwobodo said his son was cured at the Anderson
Medical Cancer Centre in Houston, Texas, United
States. He said Ifeanyichukwu was asked to stay longer in
the U.S. but he wanted to return because he was
feeling homesick. The former governor of the old Anambra State said
his son developed pains in the legs and he was
taken to a consultant oncologist at the University of
Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu. He added that the doctor, instead of taking him to
the teaching hospital, which had facilities for
emergency, referred his son to his private clinic. According to Nwobodo, the injection administered
on his son led to complications. The senator spoke yesterday when Abia State
Governor Theodore Orji visited him in Enugu. Nwobodo said the doctor tried to rush his son to
Niger Foundation Hospital, but he died on the way. He said: “My son was ill for five months before I
knew about it and we were planning to go to India
before we took him to the U.S. He was given a visa
for two years because the cancer was at stage four,
but they treated him. “When he came back, his leg started to swell and he
thought he should see a doctor and I advised him
to see the best oncologist. It took us three weeks to
see the doctor. ‘’Ön Friday – I was speaking with him three times a
day – and he was to see the doctor by 5pm and
between 5:30 and 6pm, I called him and he said he
was with the doctor, I requested to speak with the
doctor but he said he was busy but instead of the
doctor taking him to UNTH, he took him to his private clinic, where he had no equipment, no
facility at all. I called him again and when I didn’t
hear from him I sent him text and I asked the
doctor to tell me why he gave my son injection that
made him unconscious, he said he was sorry and
that he was trying to resuscitate him. “I spoke with him by 6:30pm and by 7 pm he was
dead. “It is painful because this is something that would
have been averted and I can’t understand why a
dean of Department of Medicine should leave the
hospital where he has all the equipment to go to his
private clinic and I believe that is how some other
people die.”http://thenationonlineng.net/new/how-doctor-killed-my-son-by-nwobodo/
Re: How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by Dahjhi: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
That's rather odd.. Maybe the doc was saving the long protocols that may arise in UNTH or he just wanted to do that to harvest some $ for himself. Either way the deed has been done. sad RIP to the boy
Re: How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by smokescreen4: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Sorry for your loss sir, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by Wendy80(f): 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dahjhi:
That's rather odd.. Maybe the doc was saving the long protocols that may arise in UNTH or he just wanted to do that to harvest some $ for himself. Either way the deed has been done. sad RIP to the boy
I believe Jim Nwobodo is still dat influential to break such protocol. I think it's more of greed on d side of d Doctor. A Dean for dat matter. #SMH
Re: How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by Dahjhi: 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
Wendy80:

I believe Jim Nwobodo is still dat influential to break such protocol. I think it's more of greed on d side of d Doctor. A Dean for dat matter. #SMH
then he should be sued if the need be.. Not for the boys life but for lesson sad
Re: How Doctor 'killed' My Son,by Nwobodo. by dominique(f): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2014

(1)

Cancer-causing Foods You Should Avoid / Encomiun Roll-in As DR. OLUYOMBO AWOJOBI Is Lowered Today. / See The Horrible Situation At University Of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH)..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.