Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Skin Remedies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Skin Remedies (1070 Views)

The Best Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skin Remedies by Ena345(f): 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
Pls, I am working on a story on skin remedies as of old. If u have any info, pls snd. Eg, I learnt shea butter is really gu. called ori by the yorubas and urhobos, used 2 prevent stretch marks and stuff. also used 2 prevent rash, and other skin defeciencies.

Now, I have heard of others such as Nzu- among the igbos- but i need to learn more. I learnt of henna or lali, among the hausas. Besides skin designs, Lali is also used for the hair.

Pls let me know uses, origin, properties and places they can be found today. Also, modern cosmetic products that have them. Eg, Neutrogena's Visibly clear line is constituted mainy of kaolin. I was told that is nzu. It works well.

Any useful links, pls post.

Thanks guyz.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Almost Made It To The New Year / Oro People---------identify Urselves / Is Sagging Trousers Truly A Way Of Showing Swags Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.