Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,815 members, 7,851,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Happened At Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened At Salvation? (431 Views)

See What Happened At Pastor Chris Okafor’s Crusade In Calabar(photos) / Salvation Ministries 5 Night Of Glory 2016 Preview / Plan To Attend July Days Of Divine Encounter At Salvation Ministries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened At Salvation? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
What happened at Salvation?
Salvation is escaping Judgment, penalty for what you have done, not facing the consequence. What are we to escape from? Yes, you are right! Its Death. Every human being has been condemned to death at the Garden of Eden but God make a remission, a substitute for us. Like a player wounded on the football field and substitute for by another healthy, strong and fitted player because he, the wounded player cannot continue in the game for he will die if he continues and forever lose the game not just that game but all the games to be played for he will be dead.
So also with us we have been condemned already to death, so when you fall asleep (you die physically) you will surely die the second death. But Jesus came into the world as a substitute for us, He died for us that we may not die again. Now look at it this way: If the coach brings a medical expert to treat the wounded player and he rejects it, will he not die? But if that player accepts the treatment will he not live? I tell you He will continue in the game. So also, if you believe in the death of Jesus as a substitute for your death you shall live because of your Faith.
This process of believing in the death of Jesus for you and accepting the life he gives to you in return for believing in him is Salvation. So what happens at Salvation?
At salvation promises are fulfilled, promises which God mad are fulfilled immediately all at the same time. What are the promises he made at Salvation?
1. Forgiveness of sin: “I will forgive their sins and no longer remember their wrongs” Hebrews 8:12. This is a promise God made, a promise of forgiveness of sins and at the same time forgetting the sins, its not like forgiving and not remembering but “no longer remember “. All these stand a promise until Salvation when it becomes fulfilled. At Salvation its no longer “I will” but “I have” as it is written “You were one time spiritually dead because of your sins and because you were Gentiles without the Law. But God has now brought you to life with Christ. God forgave us all our sins” Col 3:13. So at salvation it is “God forgave me my sins” and no longer “He will forgive my sins”
2. God’s Law written on the heart: “I will put my laws in their heart and write them in their minds”. Before the commandment of God was written on a tablet of stone and hidden in the ark of testimony Deut 10:1-5. But the Israelites always forget these commandments Deut 5:1-22. And now God made a promise to write these commandments on your mind because in that way you can never forget it. But it remains a promise until salvation. So at salvation God write these commandments on your mind and puts it in your heart and then will you say “How I love thy Law I think about it all day long” Psalm 119:97 thus keeping you from sinning against God.
3. Seal of ownership: “I will be their God and they shall be my people”. This is a promise God made to every human being on earth. Its not a little thing to be God’s people. We all remember what happened to the Egyptians. Balaam is not exempted from this though he was God’s Prophet but God has chosen Israel and they can’t be cursed. The Lord who made heaven and earth promise to be your God, I think you remember how He set Paul and Silas free from prison? He gave peace to David all round, He promised to be your God and you his people. But all these remain a promise waiting to be fulfilled. So at salvation this promise is fulfilled and the Holy Spirit comes into you and bear you witness that “you are son of God” and then God shall say “You are my people” and you shall say “Thou art my God” Zech 13:9
Has this promise been fulfilled? You want it fulfilled? If Yes “The Bride and the Spirit says come”.

(1) (Reply)

My Kingdom Comes / Pope Francis Joins Islamic Cleric To Pray In Mosque / Daily Dew Gets Brother And Sister!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.