Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems (823 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Fayose And His Wife / Fayose And Muazu Took It To Another Level, Bigger Than Our Heads [PHOTO] / Governor Fayose And His Entourage Eating At Iya Kareem's Bukar (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by Theultimate(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2014
(Shortly after he was sworn-in as governor last month, Fayose ordered the closure of a petrol station in Ado Ekiti giving a standard made-in-Nigeria excuse. That filing station belongs to one Adewale Omirin. Omirin also happens to be the Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly and one of the progressives in the state. Last weekend, Mr Omirin retaliated by promising Fayose a second dose of impeachment before Valentine’s Day, 2015. Clearly, these two are not lovers.

But the Federal government and Fayose moved in first. 24 hours later, Mr Omirin was “impeached” by seven House members and a battalion of heavily armed Federal police. I guess when the Peoples Democratic Party promised Ekiti voters more Federal presence in their state they weren’t kidding.

A few days before that, the judge presiding over a lawsuit looking into Fayose’s eligibility to contest the governorship removed himself from the case. His reason? He got a couple of death threats. Ekiti seems determined to keep itself in the news – bad news.

Fayose’s second coming was always going to play out like this. If you are a dealer in boxing gloves, I’d suggest you relocate your business to Ado Ekiti.

There’s no doubt that Ekiti is suffused with redoubtable men and women. But an Ayo Fayose is their governor, for the second time. You could see why there would be tension. But because of that tension, some folks down there are giving the word ‘Progressive’ a bad meaning.

The first time Fayose called the shots in Ekiti, the place was in a mess, the state became an object of ridicule. But his people wanted him back. He was, surprisingly, their choice as leader. Well, the people’s choice must be respected always. This is one bitter pill, one fact with which the elite and the progressives have got to come to terms – and quickly too.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/19/fayose-ekiti-and-progressives-michael-egbejumi-david

Re: Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by spenca: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2014
The worst illiterate is the political illiterate. He hears nothing, sees nothing, takes no part in political life. He doesn’t seem to know that the cost of living, the price of beans, of flour, of rent, of medicines, all depend on political decisions. He even prides himself on his political ignorance, sticks out his chest and says he hates politics. He doesn’t know, the slowpoke, that from his political non-participation comes the prostitute, the abandoned child, the robber and, worst of all, corrupt officials, the lackeys of exploitative multinational corporations.

This is the kind of government the saTANist want , if not why promote mediocrity? I don't see why this man should be in government he is just a mere farce like the man that sleeps in Aso Rock and celebrates his birthday today in a cowboy hat when people are dying of hunger and poverty he has unleashed in the country

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by Theultimate(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2014
spenca:
The worst illiterate is the political illiterate. He hears nothing, sees nothing, takes no part in political life. He doesn’t seem to know that the cost of living, the price of beans, of flour, of rent, of medicines, all depend on political decisions. He even prides himself on his political ignorance, sticks out his chest and says he hates politics. He doesn’t know, the slowpoke, that from his political non-participation comes the prostitute, the abandoned child, the robber and, worst of all, corrupt officials, the lackeys of exploitative multinational corporations.

This is the kind of government the saTANist want , if not why promote mediocrity? I don't see why this man should be in government he is just a mere farce like the man that sleeps in Aso Rock and celebrates his birthday today in a cowboy hat when people are dying of hunger and poverty he has unleashed in the country
Has any Messiah shown yet?
Re: Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by spenca: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2014
Theultimate:

Has any Messiah shown yet?

No, none I can't agree with you more but in light of history and antecedence, Buhari and Jonathan, Buhari would be a better choice because he is the lesser of two evils and because the man has the clout, the leverage, the integrity and the discipline to lead Nigeria right now given the level of Corruption and insecurity in Nigeria. He has done it before. I believe He can do it again if we support him. Need I say more?

Stand against mediocrity , stand against saTANist , we deserve a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by Theultimate(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2014
spenca:

No, none I can't agree with you more but in light of history and antecedence, Buhari and Jonathan, Buhari would be a better choice because he is the lesser of two evils and because the man has the clout, the leverage, the integrity and the discipline to lead Nigeria right now given the level of Corruption and insecurity in Nigeria. He has done it before. I believe He can do it again if we support him. Need I say more?

Stand against mediocrity , stand against saTANist , we deserve a better Nigeria

Well, I agreed with you in terms of GEJ Vs BUHARI. Though, I still prefer PDP to APC because of their characters of the same feather.
Nevertheless, Something in me just "hate" (sorry! neglect) GEJ.
Re: Fayose And Progressives In Ekiti-What Brings About Problems by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
This op ehn... After claims with evidences shows that the then chief of justice, justice belgore refute the removal of fayose saying it doesn't follow due process and send a letter to the speaker... Moreover. The panel set up to determine fayose eligibility cleared him of any malpractice
Pls tell us what fayemi achieved to deserve re election

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Comes Under Fire As 45 Die In Fresh Boko Haram Attack / Photos: President Jonathan Vists Chadian President, Idriss Deby / Crisis Brews In APC Over Plot To Give Automatic Tickets To Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.