Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Personal Lesson From Super Eagles V South Africa Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Personal Lesson From Super Eagles V South Africa Game (519 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Personal Lesson From Super Eagles V South Africa Game by ekemini007(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2014
I made plans to travel from warri to uyo to watch the SE V SA game. I am a proud akwa ibomite dis days and the news of seeing the eagles live on our turf was sending butterflies right down my tummy.

However, as soon as i started thinking of the cost the trip, i realise the financial repercussion would outweight whatever fun i plan to have there.

First, the money to transport down there, secondly, accommodation, then ticket/feeding_plus one girl might want to tag along_just not worth it i thought to myself in light of the prevailing economic order.

But bross eh! Was i glad i did. I watch from the v.I.p stance in the confort of my living room and saw the rubbish this big boys wre dishing out to nigerians and i almost wept..while at thesame time thanking God for give me the wisdom and courage to put that plan on hold.

I mean see amenike looking like somone from a bear palour_ the guy cnt move. mikel, how many times have we said that this boy was done for.

Anyway, no need criticising a particular player. The whole team was poor. The whole team look like they're doing nigerians one huge big favour by showing up at all in the first place. Nobody wnts to work for the other, while the SA players(who by the way had qualified) were still running as if they needed four goals to make the qualification.

It was a huge show of shame for nigerian football.

But when my anger and fustration had died down, the lesson was all too clear to see. One word kept coming to my mind PATRioTISM.

Yes it was lacking in dat super eagles game. That no one wants to put there body on the line for there country anymor was not only a SE thing, but a Nigerian thing in general.

We see it in the civil service, in the schools, in our politics, with our leaders_ everywhere we look this days we see lack of committment regarding services that lend credit to national honors.

Before we trow stones at the SE, lets all tk a moment to reflect. Can the leaders blame those boys for not giving there all, when in there little way havnt been giving anything _more less there all?

Can we the people who are the real nigerians, say in all honesty that weve been contributing to the growth of this nation in our own little way?

We all want what we want from this nation and when we are done, we done.There is no sense of giving back.

Its a shame that we all should eat from_ and a lesson we all should learn from_so next time we understand that great nations came to be via committment of "all" not "one".

Am still sad by the way embarassed
Re: Personal Lesson From Super Eagles V South Africa Game by pamcode(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2014
what an epistle bt i agree sha but it has no effect though
Re: Personal Lesson From Super Eagles V South Africa Game by ekemini007(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2014
Evryone is free to draw thr personal lesson.thats jst mine.

(1) (Reply)

Arsene It Is Time To Say Goodbye - Arsenal Fans / Opt For Nike Shox Shoes And Boots / A New And Decent House For Rent In Port Harcourt. View Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.