Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children (4793 Views)

Photos: See Kids Of Nigerian Politicians That Recently Graduated Abroad. / List Of Top Politicians That Dump PDP For APC After Buhari Victory / Do You Know That Ondo State Governors Usually Buried Their Predecessors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children by sisicalabar1: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2014
Death, they say is inevitable or a debt we must all pay. But nobody want to go through the pain of witnessing the death of his offspring no matter the circumstances. This is the painful though that came to my head when I read the unfortunate story of how former governor of old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo, lost his son, Ifeanyichukwu, to cancer.
Jim NwobodoJim Nwobodo

Nwobodo junior reportedly died at a private hospital in Enugu on Friday. It was learnt that the deceased recently returned from Huston Texas, US, where he had received treatment for the ailment. May is soul rest in peace.

It is with big heart and depressing mind that I script this piece. I take no pleasure in writing it but my job demand that I record a trend that I have noticed over time so somebody somewhere could start praying or consult oracles to find solutions to this gale of untimely deaths.

Why is the angel of death, misfortune and sorrow seem to visit the abodes of our politicians and strike their children at tender age? The list of politicians who have lost their children to the cold hands of death are many but I will limit myself to few very prominent ones.

Awo

2. Chief Obafemi Awolowo

In the early 60s Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the first Premier of the Western Region, lost his first son and years later his second son and second daughter were cut short in the prime of their lives.

Akintola

3. Chief SL Akintola

Chief S.L. Akintola, Awolowo’s bitter political rival and the second Premier of the Western Region also lost his first daughter in the early 60s and years later, his youngest son was also cut short.

Fani

4. Chief Remilekun Fani-Kayode

Chief Remilekun Fani-Kayode, the Deputy Premier of the Western Region, who was a close ally and second in command to S.L. Akintola, lost his second son.

Soji

5. Sir Adesoji Aderemi

Sir Adesoji Aderemi, who was the Ooni of Ife, a close ally of Awolowo and the first ceremonial Governor of the old Western Region, lost his first son

ObasanjoSad

6. Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo

Olusegun Obasanjo, Nigeria’s second democratically-elected President lost one son many years ago.

Ahmadu Bello

7. Sir Ahmadu Bello

Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Premier of the Northern Region, lost two sons and one daughter.

Ige

8. Chief Bola Ige

Chief Bola Ige, the first democratically-elected Governor of Oyo state and the former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice of the Federation lost his first son and he himself was later murdered.

Bisi

9. Chief Bisi Onabanjo

Chief Bisi Onabanjo, the first democratically-elected Governor of Ogun state lost his first son.

lateef-jakande

10. Alhaji Lateef Jakande

Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the first democratically elected Governor of Lagos state, lost his first daughter.

Omololu-Olunloyo

11. Dr. Omololu Olunloyo

Dr. Omololu Olunloyo the second democratically-elected Governor of Oyo state lost his son

Alh-Shehu-Shagari

12. Alhaji Shehu Shagari

Alhaji Shehu Shagari, Nigeria’s second democratically-elected leader and first executive President lost four children in one day.
Mukhtari_Shagari1
3. Alhaji Mukthar Shagari
Son of Deputy Governor of Sokoto , Alhaji Mukthar Shagari State died in a horrific car accident in 2013.

The 28 year old business man was on his way to Sokoto from his base in Abuja when he lost control of his car.

elrufai-1

14. Mallam Nasir El-Rufai

A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, this years lost one of his sons in a car crash. While Confirming the incident, El-Rufai in a statement posted on his Facebook page wrote: “From Allah, we came and to Him we shall return. Please join our family in praying for the repose of the soul of my son, Hamza El-Rufai who died this morning in a motor accident in Abuja.”

Source http://www.sisicalabar.com/15-great-nigeria-politicians-that-buried-their-children/
Re: 15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children by ebamma3: 11:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Wetin be the use of this thread?
Re: 15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Eya... I weep for dem in france

(1) (Reply)

Poor Turnout Mars Apc/Buhari Campaign In Edo State [photo] / EFCC Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over Alleged N43 . 291 B Fuel Subsidy Scam / Security Alert! Radio Biafra order the killing of every policeman in Aba ovRiot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.