Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers (2088 Views)

Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by AINATOLULOPE: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Security agents has locked out the embattled Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, as he made to enter the National Assembly.

- http://www..tk/apps/forums/topics/show/13071400-senate-president-shuts-down-national-assembly-over-tear-gas-attack-on-law-makers

Also affected by the lock out were other lawmakers, including senators and members of the House of Representatives.

However, Tambuwal abandoned his vehicle after several minutes and walked the distance from the gate to the chambers.
Other lawmakers did the same.

But as the lawmakers were entering the chambers, policemen released teargas, throwing the arena into confusion.
Lawmakers, journalists and workers of the National Assembly scampered for safety.

Tambuwal was the target of attack of the policemen who released the teargas. He took to his heels as the teargas was released.

Following this report, Information as revealed by TVC News has revealed the Senate President has shut down the National Assembly.

Stay tuned for more updates...

- http://www..tk/apps/forums/topics/show/13071400-senate-president-shuts-down-national-assembly-over-tear-gas-attack-on-law-makers
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Chicheey: 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Let this man resign na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
[/quote]
Tambuwal was the target of attack of the policemen who released the teargas. He took to his heels as the teargas was released. [quote]

grin grin grin grin grin grin

CHAI I WILL LIKE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.PLEASE WHERE CAN I GET IT.I THOUHT HE WANTED TO BE A MATYR!!! NEVER KNEW HE WAS ALWAYS A COWARD LIKE HIS FORE FATHERS

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by CharlesPhc: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
AINATOLULOPE:

Tambuwal was the target of attack of the policemen who released the teargas. He took to his heels as the teargas was released.

That part got me cracking, can't imagine how he would have done that with those heavy white agbada...!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Olaolufred(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

CHAI I WILL LIKE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.PLEASE WHERE CAN I GET IT.I THOUHT HE WANTED TO BE A MATYR!!! NEVER KNEW HE WAS ALWAYS A COWARD LIKE HIS FORE FATHERS

JUST LIKE EBELLEI LOVE US SOO MUCH AND DESERTED EAGLES SQUARE FOR 3 YEARS JUST because OF BOKO THREAT.
YES, HE LOVES NIGERIANS BY VISITIN CHIBOK AS SOON AS OUR GIRLS WERE ABDUCTED.
EBELLEI IS A TRUE HERO, TAMBUWAL IS A FICTION.
I HOPE I CORROBORATED ENGINE-NEAR SO WELL.

6 Likes

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
I wonder how presidents and heads of states of other countries will be looking at Jonathan. They will now realize that he is more concerned about his political ambition than the insecurity in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Omen100(m): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

There's only one coward in the picture you have created and that person happened to be the "coward in chief, President badluck Jonathan, C.I.C" the daft coward who was cowed by tompolo.

7 Likes

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
I NEED TO GET THE VIDEO OF THE COWARD RUNNING!!! SOMONE SHOULD JUST POST IT HERE

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by johnbimbo12(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
Well, well, well... National assembly at it again. Let's watch this.
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by solid3(m): 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
When we take a look at all the underlying factors, as much as one wants to support GEJ to complete his tenure, one is forced to see his desperation at gaining upper hand in every political event that unfolds.

If I was in the position of Ruben Abbati or Doyin Okupe, I would have advised GEJ to let some petty issues slide knowing GEJ will win with the 17million signatures gathered by TAN.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by horpe132(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
Chicheey:
Let this man resign na

Will he resign from under ur Table

'
Let him enter the Chamber to Tender his resignation letter cheesy cheesy abii ?

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by menix(m): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Omo.. E b lik say d tear gas was specially made 4 Tambuwal bcous I hear say as d guy take off oda sentors com dey wonda whether na rapture happen..

I video dey my phone but my phone no dey upload..
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by ypzilanti: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
solid3:
When we take a look at all the underlying factors, as much as one wants to support GEJ to complete his tenure, one is forced to see his desperation at gaining upper hand in every political event that unfolds.

If I was in the position of Ruben Abbati or Doyin Okupe, I would have advised GEJ to let some petty issues slide knowing GEJ will win with the 17million signatures gathered by TAN.

Its called choosing ur battles as a leader. He cant win this one. Its clear to everyone with a functioning brain. What are his alternatives? Shoot the guy? Imprison him? So long as his
assembly buddies refuse to impeach him only thing pdp can do is go to court. The assembly is asserting its independence. This thing that started like a joke has the potential of sinking the government and dealing gej a big blow. Bunch of amateurs. That's how they were pursuing sanusi. Anyone with a brain knew that would fail too.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by 9jii(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
The True color of PDP is getting clearer by d day

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by 100Cents: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
EPISODE 1
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by dridowu: 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
Only if the leadership crisis will come to an end by tuesday but if not your guess is has good as mine
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by donphilopus: 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
@Chukwudi44, according to what Vanguard [PDP media wing] reported, Tambuwal stood his ground; he never took to his heels as alleged up there.

Here's the report:

By Emman Ovuakporie
ABUJA- Security operatives, Thursday, fenced the Speaker of the House of  Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal from entering the National Assembly Complex.

Lawmakers who accompanied the speaker had to climb the second entry point gate as some who could not climb sustained injuries while trying to scale over.

At about 10.54am after  much entreaties the speaker was allowed entry but other lawmakers were denied entry.

The speaker’s official car was detained but after his entry into the outer space of the complex, Security  men barricaded him and shot tear gas carnisters into the air to scare him but the speaker stood his [b]ground. .[/color]

The speaker who got to NASS at about 10.38am was accompanied by a long convoy of cars and was allowed to pass through the outer gate entry point.

The Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha arrived earlier at about 10.35am and was given a presidential passage into the complex.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/lawmakers-climb-gate-gain-entry/

Can you now see that there'll be no video of Tambuwal running for you to watch?!
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
donphilopus:
@Chukwudi44, according to what Vanguard [PDP media wing] reported, Tambuwal stood his ground; he never took to his heels as alleged up there.

Here's the report:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/lawmakers-climb-gate-gain-entr

Can you now see that there'll be no video of Tambuwal running for you to watch?!

So suddenly vanguard is no longer pro- PDP but reliable Lol
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by donphilopus: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

I was just trynna let you know that even the Pro-PDP/GEJ Vanguard confirmed that he didn't run!
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by GeneralBK: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
donphilopus:

Here's the report:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/lawmakers-climb-gate-gain-entry/

Sharap
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by hardywaltz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
David Mark as wise as eva..
Have u eva wondered why Obj or Yaradua neva wore military uniform as democratically elected Presidents coz they know what it represents
However this Spineless Chap will wear full military attire at the slightest opportunity.
GEJ keep inviting the military ova every little civilian matter that can be solved by the courts.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by ASL33: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Will try and be in Abuja next Tuesday to witness the shenanigans myself.
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by Omen100(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

Blatant fool, it is not you that will suffered the negativities of this goodluck jonathan’s lead govt, but your children, your grandchildren & great grandchildren, three generations after you will suffer for your actions of today. They will expletive your tombstone and curse your grave in few years to come, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by lilprinze: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nigeria is a big joke.
Re: Senate President Shuts Down National Assembly Over Tear Gas Attack On Law Makers by idlaw2k3(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
www.youtube.com/embed/PsD0BLM8OQ0

What happened earlier today.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Nigeria’s Strictest Leader / DPO, Chioma Ajunwa, Seizes Newspaper Over Punch Report / Fake Ballot Papers: ‪#‎soldiers‬ Arrest 9 APC Member With Fake Ballot Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.