Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries (1250 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Laptop Batteries, Chargers, Keyboards And Other Accessories For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by Lilknight(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Having spent about 5years in the laptop industry, i realized that one common error over 70% of laptop users make is unplugging the laptop when using it and connecting it back to the Ac only when the charge in the battery is running out. The logic behind this is to prevent overcharging(which gullible people believe it spoils battery life), though this is a bad decision based on flawed information. The result is a shortened serviceable life span of the battery, this is because an average laptop battery can only support about 400cycles of charge and discharge. i might be able to retain ♍Ɣ cycle for about 3years, while nother might exceed his cycle in about a year or less. You see, laptop manufacturers are much more worried about overcharging than users, given the comparatively volatile nature of modern lithium-ion batteries. In fact, lithium-ion batteries have "undercharge" protection too and are designed to permanently refuse to charge if the power level falls to low. Friend as much as energy condition permit, try to keep your laptop batteries charged while in use, this even aids your laptop performance and helps you achieve more in less time. Batteries are only meant to be used as backup energy in the absence of regular alternative current (operating within 220-240v). Let's give our batteries longer years of productivity. Note: continuous use and charging of battery while fully charged doesn't spoil battery, removal of power pack while fully charged and putting it back when down a little rather does.

4 Likes

Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by acenazt: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
where dat my mumu Aunty wey dey yarn me say overcharging dey kill battery?
Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by wemmy01(m): 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
I am so guilty of dis, maybe dat is wat caused my 100% charged battery to become empty within d nxt 2-3 hours without electricity

Nice info
Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by Lilknight(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
acenazt:
where dat my mumu Aunty wey dey yarn me say overcharging dey kill battery?
that's what most people think bro, not only ur aunt
Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by Lilknight(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
wemmy01:
I am so guilty of dis, maybe dat is wat caused my 100% charged battery to become empty within d nxt 2-3 hours without electricity

Nice info
pleasure is mine
Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by dragonigga(m): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
Thanks for the info, Like i already know!
Re: Important Things You Don't Know About Laptop Batteries by Lilknight(m): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
dragonigga:
Thanks for the info, Like i already know!
you welcome bro.

(1) (Reply)

Leaving Your Laptop Plugged In Harms Its Battery? / Where Can I Get A Laptop / GPD WIN [ Mini Computer/gaming Console

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.