Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? (1649 Views)

"Eta" In Yoruba Tribes Killed Today In My Farm.what's The Name In Ur Tribe / Simple Truth On How To Farm Watermelon Successfully / Am Going To Farm (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by Burmak: 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Please i just got money from a friend whom i told i want to farm.what can i plant now that the rainy season is almost over,your urgent advice is seriously needed. Thanks
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by sedulus(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
my candid advice is going into plantain ....its veru lucrative and u will think u did money rituals....plantain need not much capital before u invest....to buy plantain suckers visit www.facebook.com/sedulusplantainfarming or call mr.clifford on 08120757274
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by cardoso111(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
consider dry seasonvegetable farming.Uguand green veg
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by ptoall: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
sedulus:
my candid advice is going into plantain ....its veru lucrative and u will think u did money rituals....plantain need not much capital before u invest....to buy plantain suckers visit www.facebook.com/sedulusplantainfarming or call mr.clifford on 08120757274
Can you give a rough estimate of cultivating one acre and how many years does it mature?
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by ptoall: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
cardoso111:
consider dry seasonvegetable farming.Uguand green veg
How easy is it t irrigate acres of land?
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by okechukwu3: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
Can you give a rough estimate of cultivating one acre and how many years does it mature?
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Burmak:
Please i just got money from a friend whom i told i want to farm.what can i plant now that the rainy season is almost over,your urgent advice is seriously needed. Thanks
My brother the best for you as a newbie is to do something small. Like cucumber. if you want to do plantain now you will need irrigation between now and when you will clear your land and plant it will be December so think and talk to profesionals before you take your first step in agribusiness. Stay blessed
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
L
okechukwu3:
Check my singnature and contact me.
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by sedulus(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
For one acre of land,you will be needing maximum of 1500 suckers with spacing of 3x3 feet both lenght and breaght to buy the suckers is N120 per suckers.....
Wen you are ripping will be maximum of 12month and minimal of 10months.....with the type of hybrid called musa paradisiaka....U need to be very careful ....in sucker breeds selections...contact mr.clifford with www.facebook.com/sedulusplantainfarming or can call 08120757274......
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
sedulus:
For one acre of land,you will be needing maximum of 2000 suckers with spacing of 3x3 lenght and breaght....to buy the suckers is N120 per suckers.....
Wen you are ripping will be maximum of 12month and minimal of 10months.....with the type of hybrid called musa paradisiaka....U need to be very careful ....in sucker breeds selections...contact mr.clifford with www.facebook.com/sedulusplantainfarming or can call 08120757274......
Mr sedulus..
2000 suckers on 1acres is not possible. I stand to be corrected. What do you mean by 3x3 metre of feet?
Please clarify this post of yours
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by TAEpiphany: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
Lol, I wanted to say the same thing. I can't with some of these people and a 120Naira for suckers? ....mtcheww......

world1:

Mr sedulus..
2000 suckers on 1acres is not possible. I stand to be corrected. What do you mean by 3x3 metre of feet?
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
TAEpiphany:
Lol, I wanted to say the same thing. I can't with some of these people and a 120Naira for suckers? ....mtcheww......

TAEpiphany.
Am not really concerned abouy the price of his suckers because I sell mine for N150 and that is my farm gate price.
What am talking about is the spacing I want to know whether his 3x3 is feet or metre.
This is what I do daily so I want to learn about his 2000/acre magic.
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by TAEpiphany: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
There is no magic. You can't plant 2000 suckers on an acre period. When it starts growing how do you accommodate the other suckers springing up? Prune them?
Lol, anything goes in Nigeria, you can sell suckers for 300. But this is someone who is a starter, I wouldn't encourage him to buy any 150 naira sucker.

@OP if you are in Ibadan, go to IITA/Nihort or source other local farmers who wouldn't rip you off. A lot of people are ready to grab your money and make a dash with it. That your friend has given you money today, don't mean money will come easy another time if you are not wise with this one.

world1:

TAEpiphany.
Am not really concerned abouy the price of his suckers because I sell mine for N150 and that is my farm gate price.
What am talking about is the spacing I want to know whether his 3x3 is feet or metre.
This is what I do daily so I want to learn about his 2000/acre magic.
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
TAEpiphany:
There is no magic. You can't plant 2000 suckers on an acre period. When it starts growing how do you accommodate the other suckers springing up? Prune them?
Lol, anything goes in Nigeria, you can sell suckers for 300. But this is someone who is a starter, I wouldn't encourage him to buy any 150 naira sucker.

@OP if you are in Ibadan, go to IITA/Nihort or source other local farmers who wouldn't rip you off. A lot of people are ready to grab your money and make a dash with it. That your friend has given you money today, don't mean money will come easy another time if you are not wise with this one.

Like I said earlier its not about sucker but spacing I don't want sedulus to think we are disturbing his business here and moreover I didnt advertise anything here.
TAEpiphany i want to ask you a simple question Have you ever bought sucker from IITA office at Ibadan before? Because every time we talk about suckers everybody keep saying IITA this IITA that. IITA is a research institution not a commercial centre.
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by TAEpiphany: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yes, IITA is a research institution, but they do practical farming and have farms. Just like NIFOR is a research institute but they do sell oil palm seedlings. I know people who have bought from a contact in IITA. I have bought from NIHORT.

I'm not disturbing Sedulus's business, I'm just letting the OP know he/she has other options. Just like Sedulus has a right to run wild with his pricing, so does the OP need to know there are other sellers out there with better prices. No one has a monopoly of anything, we should all have options in this world. I also hate to see someone willing to start out get discouraged because of exorbitant prices. Maybe when he/she is richer, they can come and buy your suckers or sedulus's for 150 or whatever price you choose to sell it at.
Another thing you can do , don't just take my word for it, pay a visit to IITA/NIHORT. You'd be glad you did. grin

world1:

Like I said earlier its not about sucker but spacing I don't want sedulus to think we are disturbing his business here and moreover I didnt advertise anything here.
TAEpiphany i want to ask you a simple question Have you ever bought sucker from IITA office at Ibadan before? Because every time we talk about suckers everybody keep saying IITA this IITA that. IITA is a research institution not a commercial centre.

Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by profchimex(m): 6:26am On Nov 21, 2014
sedulus:
For one acre of land,you will be needing maximum of 1500 suckers with spacing of 3x3 feet both lenght and breaght to buy the suckers is N120 per suckers.....

You Lie Mr. Sedulus, You don't know your job seriously, Infact I dey see you as Computer farmer; For 2years now I've been researching on Plantain Propagation, Culture, Sucker Multiplication etc
Mind what you post on NL, We the EFCC like World1 (My true experienced Boss) and many others is watching!

world1:

Mr sedulus..

You're Right Sir!
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by sedulus(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2014
kindly note that i am good in plantain farming...if u are EFCC i dont dont care sir..i am not a scammer all my post are my real pix if u could find them....on NL ,what i do is sucker selling.....and i talk from experience...mozt pple are hear juzt to spoil other pples business..... and by d Good God am serving dey shall all face nemesis....i expect maturity to exhibited......here..if u request my address i will be glad to give u cos i am not scared,i am real...not a computer farmer....
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by sedulus(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2014
You Lie Mr. Sedulus, You don't know your job seriously, Infact I dey
see you as Computer farmer; For 2years now I've been researchingy
on Plantain Propagation, Culture, Sucker Multiplication etc
Mind what you post on NL, We the EFCC like World1 (My true
experienced Boss) and many others is watching!.......This post is a childish post.....if u are efcc ....then so what ?...we have millions of scammers yet undetected on NL which pple are been rip off kindly help solve such issue not invading my legitimate post.About ur research.....on plantain....sucker breeding..what av researched? but i wish we could talk one on one let me give u some experience in breedin plantian suckers....With ur experience kindly list 4 type of plantain species in a layman understanding...thank u...
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by world1(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2014
sedulus:
kindly note that i am good in plantain farming...if u are EFCC i dont dont care sir..i am not a scammer all my post are my real pix if u could find them....on NL ,what i do is sucker selling.....and i talk from experience...mozt pple are hear juzt to spoil other pples business..... and by d Good God am serving dey shall all face nemesis....i expect maturity to exhibited......here..if u request my address i will be glad to give u cos i am not scared,i am real...not a computer farmer....
Don't shy away from the issue at hand. 2000suckers on 1acre??. Just explain simple
You sell suckers Yes but do talk about planting. How can you say 2000 suckers on 1acre. Abaaa
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by stint(m): 2:42am On Nov 22, 2014
I sure say this sedulus guy naw one greedy, young ibo man. so he should just buy 2000suckers from you hoping to put it on one acre? you are cruel. if u want to rip people off. at least do your research. I have a plantain farm. I used spacing that is even less than 3*3 metres. and I can stand and say you CANT even get up to 1000 with 3 by 3metres spacing one one acre. abi oga sedulus, you don't know the difference BTW acre and hectare. and don't try scaring me with "Nemesis ....." u re the one who should be worried about nemesis.
Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by yemmit90: 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
@op sedulus, I've always been having two problem with your real thread but don't want to say it there because it could damage your genuine business and integrity on NL.

1. How on earth will you be advising people to buy suckers at this period?

2. Your rough estimate on this business is always wrong and shows some elements of desperation to rip people off.

1 acre of land can only accommodate a maximum of 800 suckers. 8 -10 feet spacing is the best if you really want a good yield. Infact I don't expect anyone to plant more than 720 suckers on an acre of land.

You don't need to do this before people patronize you. People love and respect you the most if you tell them truths.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice I Want To Farm What Can I Plant Now? by mryusuffga(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2014
i will advice you plant maize with irrigation then after 6weeks plant water melon that will serve as cover crop to prevent weed growing on your farm.i bet it with you,your first harvest will bring you profit after you've deduct your cost price then the profit on water melon will be enough for another establishment.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me For God Sake My Broilers Are Sick / Amazing Pics Of Snail Making Out This Morning / Strange Animal Found In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.