Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS (2994 Views)

Court Refuses To Restrain Tambuwal From Acting As Speaker / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by fkaz(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Despite attempt by security operatives acting under
the orders of the Presidency, the speaker of the
House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal presided
over the plenary of the House on Thursday.

Tambuwal had reconvened the sitting of the House
from the December 3rd date to consider the request
of President Goodluck Jonathan to extend the
emergency rule imposed on the three states of
Adamawa, Borno a Yobe.

But when Tambuwal arrived the National Assembly
Complex on Thursday, he was prevented by security
operatives from gaining access to the complex.
It took the efforts of lawmakers from all divides to get
the speaker into the premises of the complex.

As soon as the speaker gained access into the
complex, the lawmakers forced their way into the
chambers, which was under lock and key.
The members held a brief sitting and adjourned the
house till December 3.

Speaking during the House plenary, Majority leader
of the House, Honourable Leo Ogor (PDP) asked that
the House be adjourned till December 3. He said the
House won’t consider emergency rule today. Ask
President to use armed forces act to deploy soldiers
in troubled areas.

However, the Minority Leader, Honourable Femi
Gbajabiamiala insisted that the House decide today
whether there should be an extension to emergency
rule or not, but Speaker Aminu Tambuwal ruled that
the House be adjourned.

The House has agreed to adjourn to December 3. We
are under siege as such we cannot deliberate on SOE,
Tambuwal said.

The House stands adjourned untill December 3,
added Tambuwal as he hit the gavel to end
proceedings.

http://abusidiqu.com/house-of-reps-hold-sitting-despite-attempt-to-stop-tambuwal-from-entering-nass/
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Beautiful. Now who is in charge.

Tell GeJ he remains clueless..hehhehe

8 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Noneroone(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Was that a mock sitting or what?
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Omen100(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Noneroone:
Was that a mock sitting or what?

People like you irritate my soul.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambuwa's agbada really helped him plus that moment when he was shouting shoot me, shoot me was priceless.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by 9jii(m): 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambuwal the conqueror again

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Noneroone(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
Omen100:

People like you irritate my miserable soul.
fixed
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
There are questions that I need answers to:
(1) Who in the House of Representatives did President Jonathan address his request for extension of Emergency Rule to? Tambuwal or another Speaker?
(2) Who reconvened the House of Representatives?
(3) Is there any other Speaker recognised by the Presidency, the Police and the PDP?
(4) Where's Deputy Speaker Emeka Ikedioha?

Abeg make somebody wey know help me answer.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
kITATITA:
There are questions that I need answers to:
(1) Who in the House of Representatives did President Jonathan address his request for extension of Emergency Rule to? Tambuwal or another Speaker?
(2) Who reconvened the House of Representatives?
(3) Is there any other Speaker recognised by the Presidency, the Police and the PDP?
(4) Where's Deputy Speaker Emeka Ikedioha?

Abeg make somebody wey know help me answer.

Some one says that police is responsible for probing the legislator. So the police action should be seen as police doing their Job. People should learn to see the president action as the presidents' and the police action as the police.

Why should anybody think that the president that served notice to the speaker that lead to reconvene of the house still be the one to use the police to attempt the stopage

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

Some one says that police is responsible for probing the legislator. So the police action should be seen as police doing their Job. People should learn to see the president action as the presidents' and the police action as the police.

Why should anybody think that the president that served notice to the speaker that lead to reconvene of the house still be the one to use the police to attempt the stopage

The Police are agents of the Executive. Who invited them to the National Assembly? Why was the Senate President not put on notice of Intelligence report and impending Police action? I think the Police action is an overkill. It's like armed soldiers coming to arrest Jesus at night. They are making a hero of the Tambuwal guy. He's bound to resign very very soon to pursue his gubernatorial ambition. Abi I no understand well.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by hugoart(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambuwal is NEVER resigning. He is now officially Speaker Emeritus of the Honourable Federal House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
kITATITA:

The Police are agents of the Executive. Who invited them to the National Assembly? Why was the Senate President not put on notice of Intelligence report and impending Police action? I think the Police action is an overkill. It's like armed soldiers coming to arrest Jesus at night. They are making a hero of the Tambuwal guy. He's bound to resign very very soon to pursue his gubernatorial ambition. Abi I no understand well.

The constitution that the house made stated that the police has the right to arrest and prosecute any house member. How are they agents of the executive in that context.
They might have considered in their power as the prosecutors of the house members that he is not qualified to convene the house after his defection, how is that executive plan since the executive was the one that presented a letter that lead to the reconvene of the house. The executive don't know who the house speaker is because the tambuwal of a guy played game with the house and they are still ignorant of it. A new speaker should have emerged if he had done things in the right way.

Let the president alone and deal with the tambuwal palava

Tambuwal is played by his wisdom.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by businesslawyer(m): 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

The constitution that the house made stated that the police has the right to arrest and prosecute any house member. How are they agents of the executive in that context.
They might have considered in their power as the prosecutors of the house members that he is not qualified to convene the house after his defection, how is that executive plan since the executive was the one that presented a letter that lead to the reconvene of the house. The executive don't know who the house speaker is because the tambuwal of a guy played game with the house and they are still ignorant of it. A new speaker should have emerged if he had done things in the right way.

Please Nigerians what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by hugoart(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

^^^That one is a slowpoke,he is a jonathan supporter.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by MeAboki(m): 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
^^^^Its not his fault that he is afflicted by that Otuoke virus that makes ppl very stewpid like his master; though in his case he seems to have come off really worse for it, as he may have been cursed by a double dose of the dreaded virus.

Its obvious that he has forgotten about the constitutional separation of powers between the executive, the legislature and the judiciary arms of government; and perhaps he isn't even aware that the police is under the control of the executive arm and therefore under the presidency.

The police is clearly not an independent body capable of acting on its own but responsible and accountable to the presidency through the IGP; its actions cannot therefore be separated from the president himself.

Jonnathan was obviously trying to play smart but the dullard foolishly ended up dribbling himself.
Hehehe, I just dey laugh.
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambawal is incharge till 2015
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
kITATITA:

The Police are agents of the Executive. Who invited them to the National Assembly? Why was the Senate President not put on notice of Intelligence report and impending Police action? I think the Police action is an overkill. It's like armed soldiers coming to arrest Jesus at night. They are making a hero of the Tambuwal guy. [s]He's bound to resign very very soon to pursue his gubernatorial ambition[/s]. Abi I no understand well.
He doesn't have to resign to run for Sokoto Guber
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by stopdat: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
Theodore Orji, Issa Yuguda ,Segun Mimiko all moved from opposition parties to the PDP while they are governors of their respective states and nothing happened to them. Why is Tambuwal's case different?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2014
businesslawyer:

Please Nigerians what is this one saying?

If you can't understand what I am saying, read my lips.
Herjufhgklgfm,jkfdekmnhjfhyfgjhfgjkgfmfgkfgtjjfgjreijhsa. Hgfdnmhjfrjkhujgfhjjuhfdnflcd.idhuh ufydhhjrthjfhjfghgf hrejhhjenhr.
I hope its clear to you now.
Re: House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:
Theodore Orji, Issa Yuguda ,Segun Mimiko all moved from opposition parties to the PDP while they are governors of their respective states and nothing happened to them. Why is Tambuwal's case different?
He is a Rep member and speaker of the house for that matter.
He has joined the politics of frustrating the government and that is not good for his credential.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Was Invited By African Union / Buhari Takes Selfie with young nigerians / Video Of Gen Buhari Referring To Germany As West Germany And Merkel As Mitchell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.