Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today (966 Views)

PDP To APC: Explain Why Patience Jonathan Was Humiliated At PH Airport / Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
The Nigeria Police have released a statement explaining why they sent police officers to the National Assembly this morning, preventing Tambuwal and other lawmakers from gaining access into the Assembly ground. Find the statement below...
Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Consequently, the Police condoned the area and began screening of all members and visitors alike.

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means

The IGP seizes this medium to warn all political actors and their followers to respect constituted authority and due process and to desist from the use of thugs to pursue their agenda.

The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation.

Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS

Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nonsense talk
Wetin we no go hear from this Naija Police.

At first you stripped him off police protection. He didnt complain.

So now you have to screen Mr. Speaker and even tear gas him in the premises of his office.

Wait o! This people no dey learn from Burkina Faso?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Gboliwe: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by arewafederation: 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
Gboliwe:
Makes a lot of sense.

You mean the LIES spread by the police makes a lot of sense?

I'm really not happy with Nigerians. angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Gboliwe: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
arewafederation:

You mean the LIES spread by the police makes a lot of sense?

I'm really not happy with Nigerians. angry

You wish them to be lies abi? Me I accept it as the truth and it makes a whole lot of sense.
Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by ARKdiscloser7(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
We are now used to and tired of this APC style .....

The same style that Amaechi used during the reign of Mba.....

1) Move in with rented crowd/touts
2) Get very close to the security operatives
3) Raise your voice and possibly engage them in a light physical ruffle
4) Don't leave until they are provoked
5) Make sure your rented supporters are taking pictures and videos
6) Spread all the pictures and videos to all social medias
7) go to the press to issue press conference
cool Blame GEJ and PDP
9) Your paid agents on Nairaland should start insulting GEJ and everybody in support of him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by andresia(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Gboliwe:

You wish them to be lies abi? Me I accept it as the truth and it makes a whole lot of sense.

question is: is Tambuwal in the know of this intelligence report and the purported police lawful exercise as a high ranking member of the NASS?
Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by arewafederation: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
Gboliwe:

Hmmm... Any sane person with a conscience knows the difference between right and wrong.

I will say no more.
Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Gboliwe: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
arewafederation:

Hmmm... Any sane person with a conscience knows the difference between right and wrong.

I will say no more.

Exactly. Try to be open to views.
Re: Nigeria Police Explain Why They Invaded The National Assembly Today by Gboliwe: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
andresia:

question is: is Tambuwal in the know of this intelligence report and the purported police lawful exercise as a high ranking member of the NASS?
Stop asking mumu question. Even a layman should know this.

(1) (Reply)

No terrorist Act Can Destroy The Nigerian Spirit — Jonathan / Breaking News.. Imsu Junction Accident Again.... / 20+ Photos Of Jonathan & World Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.