Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja (4463 Views)

Please House I Need Where I Can Learn Automedics Diagnosis / Advise Needed...automedics? / AUTOMEDICS' Automotive Mechatronics Training Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by PaKen: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
Car : Honda Accord 2002 Model v6 (EOD)
Fault: ''Check Engine Light'' blinking at regular intervals and engine jerks when idle (ie not accelerating)
Cost of Diagnosis Only: 15k but I managed to beat it down to 5k which I paid immediately.

After diagnosis, please find attached the bill that was handed over to me;

1. Oxygen Sensor 2 sides - 50k
2. Wheel Speed Sensor 2 sides - 50k
3. Knock Sensor - 25k
4. Spark Plugs 6 @ 3000 - 18k
5. Fuel Filter - 7k
6. Injector Nozzle Servicing - 10k
7. Labour - 30k

Total bill = 190k

After analysing the bill, he told me to pay 40% upfront before they can commence work on my car. This got me annoyed as I was already planning to leave to meet my mechanic. I told him ''Oga, I dey come make I reach my bank''

I drove out of their garage and drove straight to my mechanic in Gudu District, Abuja.

I told him to change my plugs, fuel filter and service my injector nozzles.

6 plugs were bought @ 1000 = 6k
Injector Nozzles were serviced = 5k
Labour = 3k

Total spent = 14k + 5k diagnosis of automedics = 19k

Difference = 190k - 19k = 171k

After which the ''Check Engine Light'' disappeared, no jerks at engine idle and the EOD is moving fine.

Lesson: You can save a lot of money by just paying for thorough diagnosis and taking your car to conventiional mechanics and instructing them on what to do.

I hope this will help numerous car owners with tight budgets.

22 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by chillex8(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
Now cost of diagnosis @ 5k is a fair price for those who don't want to own a personal scanner

You should avail us with a print-out of the scan result.

Your o2 sensors are still bad

The plugs your mechanic put there are sold @ 200 per piece in the Mkt..(oem plugs go for #1,800 and above)

Servicing injectors I laugh. For what Wasted 5k.

Your cel light is going to come back on..

Your mechanic most likely disconnected your ba3 terminals, that's why its off.

After a drive cycle, it will come back on.

Anticipate horrendous mpg.

The cause of your blinking cel was a multiple cylinder misfire and changing spark plugs should do.

Now you know better
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by PaKen: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
I have a guy that deals on honda parts here in Abuja. That is the market price for the spark plugs.
Do you mean injector nozzle are not serviced
The CEL light is back but not blinking. It's steady. I was there all through, the mechanic did not disconnect the car battery terminals.
What do you mean by horrendous mpg ??
Find below the scan result;
Code 1520 (o2 sensor), 1510 (o2 sensor), 2301 (knock sensor), 7101 (misfire 1 cylinder 1), 7201 (misfire 2 cylinder 2), 7301 (misfire 3 cylinder 3), 7401 (misfire 4 cylinder 4), 7501 (misfire 5 cylinder 5), 7601 (misfire 6 cylinder 6), 7704 (random misfire)
1301 (left front wheel speed sensor open or short), 7101 (wrong size of tire), 8301 (ecm/pcm relation failure), 8401 (sensor logic failure)
chillex8:

Now cost of diagnosis @ 5k is a fair price for those who don't want to own a personal scanner
You should avail us with a print-out of the scan result.
Your o2 sensors are still bad
The plugs your mechanic put there are sold @ 200 per piece in the Mkt..(oem plugs go for #1,800 and above)
Servicing injectors I laugh. For what Wasted 5k.
Your cel light is going to come back on..
Your mechanic most likely disconnected your ba3 terminals, that's why its off.
After a drive cycle, it will come back on.
Anticipate horrendous mpg.
The cause of your blinking cel was a multiple cylinder misfire and changing spark plugs should do.
Now you know better
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by cardoctor(m): 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
PaKen:
Fault: ''Check Engine Light'' blinking at regular intervals and engine jerks when idle (ie not accelerating)
Cost of Diagnosis Only: 15k but I managed to beat it down to 5k which I paid immediately.

3. Knock Sensor - 25k
5. Fuel Filter - 7k
7. Labour - 30k

Total bill = 190k

After analysing the bill, he told me to pay 40% upfront before they can commence work on my car. This got me annoyed as I was already planning to leave to meet my mechanic. I told him ''Oga, I dey come make I reach my bank''

I drove out of their garage and drove straight to my mechanic in Gudu District, Abuja.

Labour = 3k

After which the ''Check Engine Light'' disappeared, no jerks at engine idle and the EOD is moving fine.

Lesson: You can save a lot of money by just paying for thorough diagnosis and taking your car to conventiional mechanics and instructing them on what to do.

I hope this will help numerous car owners with tight budgets.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by cardoctor(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
PaKen:

3. Knock Sensor - 25k
5. Fuel Filter - 7k
7. Labour - 30k

Total bill = 190k

Labour = 3k

I hope this will help numerous car owners with tight

budgets.

You still didn't replace the oxygen sensors. This may still affect your MPG.

Brand new Oxygen sensors for eod costs 18k each.

OEM IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS costs bw 2.5K to 3K EACH.

WHEEL SPEED SENSORS 8K EACH.
KNOCK SENSORS 10K EACH.
OEM FUEL FILTER 3K EACH.

30K for labour? A bit high but that's automedics for you.

Cardoctor.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by mayor2013: 12:08am On Nov 23, 2014
As for me you have done anything on that car. Take it or leave it in the next one month you are going back to square 1. Am very optimistic what ever spark plug you have in there now is a substandard one. You didn't treat the issue of your 02 sensors. So get prepared for a fast bad spark plugs right in time
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2014
OP this is how it works, your plugs were probably never bad in the first place, possibly a rich mixture caused them to fail, the rich mixture was caused by bad 02 sensors. Also you have bad wheel speed sensors.

Now you have serviced injectors (waste of time) replaced plugs (should have just cleaned old ones).

The new plugs will still get dark and fail, CEL will start blinking soon. You will damage your catalyst in in the long run, and I stand corrected but the speed sensors may affect gear shifting and presently your ABS does not work.

Advice: if you can't pay for standard service, don't think the roadside is any better. Replace your O2 sensors and yor wheel speed sensors.

P.s if you can't afford new O2 sensors you can get tokumbor at 5k a piece. Thaose wheel speed sensors cost arround 5-7k for new ones. The knock sensor might not be bad.(Leave it till a re-scan)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by MOBBDEEP: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
OP this is how it works, your plugs were probably never bad in the first place, possibly a rich mixture caused them to fail, the rich mixture was caused by bad 02 sensors. Also you have bad wheel speed sensors.

Now you have serviced injectors (waste of time) replaced plugs (should have just cleaned old ones).

The new plugs will still get dark and fail, CEL will start blinking soon. You will damage your catalyst in in the long run, and I stand corrected but the speed sensors may affect gear shifting and presently your ABS does not work.

Advice: if you can't pay for standard service, don't think the roadside is any better. Replace your O2 sensors and yor wheel speed sensors.

P.s if you can't afford new O2 sensors you can get tokumbor at 5k a piece. Thaose wheel speed sensors cost arround 5-7k for new ones. The knock sensor might not be bad.(Leave it till a re-scan)

I thank & appreciate your counsel on behalf of PaKen.
Thank you.
God will surely reward your benevolence!
You are a rare breed!

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by BluStreak(m): 10:06am On Nov 23, 2014
@OP what most peeps has told you here is nothing but the truth. What you have done is like applying a cold compress on a feverish child. It will bring down the child's body temperature but will not stop the fever which certainly will come back.

I don't subscribe to Automedics bills but it's not yet uhuru for you on that ride. The MIL will come back blinking, due to bad O2 sensor car will dump unburnt fuel on your CAT and kill it. At the moment, your car is running in safe mode due to bad knock sensor and as a result, it will run rich and also won't have a biting power. To get your ride back to optimum performance, fix all the reported issues and also clean your Air Filter and MAF. With these done, come and clap for us because your ride will be running like new.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by tobiak(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
The multiple misfire must have triggered the knock sensor code.
GAZZUZZ:

Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 28, 2015
I love this thread. Well done guys.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Paken car doctor is in Abj Sharply locate him.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by earthrealm(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
I wud advice u buy brand new oxygen sensors...buying toks sensors isn't wise..most oxygen sensors lifespan is rated in miles 40k to 100k d3p3nding on use.

Go to amazon and buy all these parts...ship tru the nairaland bulk air cargo shippers...u will get it cheaper n genuie...buy a scc anner too..avg cost 7 to 18k .
paying 5k for scanning is ou tr ageous
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by L0nestar(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
earthrealm:
I wud advice u buy brand new oxygen sensors...buying toks sensors isn't wise..most oxygen sensors lifespan is rated in miles 40k to 100k d3p3nding on use.

Go to amazon and buy all these parts...ship tru the nairaland bulk air cargo shippers...u will get it cheaper n genuie...buy a scc anner too..avg cost 7 to 18k .
paying 5k for scanning is ou tr ageous

Please tell me more about the nairaland bulk cargo shippers. Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by earthrealm(m): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja by kinggentle: 12:28am On Mar 17, 2021
Please help no KIA sticks while driving. There is a tight spot in the steering that makes driving in a straight line difficult. The vehicle requires constant correction to continue driving in a straight line. This is not only unsafe it is exhausting to drive

(1) (Reply)

I Need Info On Nissan Primera P11- 144 Model / Prices Of Tokunbo Cars In Cotonou! 2020 Update! / Chat With A Mechanic Online....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.