Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director (22954 Views)

Oliseh: NFF Technical-Committee Members Resign En Masse / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Pennyways: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
JayJustus:
that's none of my business *sips yoyo bitters*
alomo bitters, my favorite

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by MadCow1: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
Not too sure about Amodu Shaibu as coach, but this is an interesting concept.

It however does not say anything about developing the local league.. The South African side we played was a crop of players from their local leagues..

I will watch and see how this works out. The politics of this may kill it. Ex footballers does not mean they are talent scouts.

Hope it turns out well.. Amunikes saga with Kelechi Iheanacho 's agent is still fresh on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Lawalemi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
At least they are taking action. Let's be slow to criticise
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by repogirl(f): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
NFF/NFA forming activity that yields no consistent results since ogbologbo BC. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by jigbeye: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
good move, if d study committee will do it sincerely. d crop of grandfathers that make up our super eagles shd disappear frm d team
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Davvymavvy(f): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Between Amodu and Keshi? The difference is the same if i must say
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Danmayor0707(m): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
Its a welcm dev. Anytin 2 move naija futball forward. Bt naija, we 2 lik medicine afta death.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
I knew this would eventually happen...Anyway We nigerians working in WALES aint suprise...lolzz

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
what!!!!
nigeria female teams na only them dey give me joy for nigeria soccer
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
[b]What Are The NFF Members Doing Up There?

We can blame Coach Keshi for not playing Emem Eduok or not fielding Joseph Nathaniel. Aluko should have started with Aaron Samuel. We never get to hear the pressure the Coach is put under to field players. For instance, the Coach was forced to carry Yobo to the World Cup. Members of the NFF supported by Ex-Super Eagles players criticized Coach Keshi for dropping the top players.

Coach Keshi said he was told to stop playing home based players. So, fielding many of them was not going to happen. Even when they were needed.

Now, Amodu Shuaibu is announced as the new technical director of football of the country. No disrespect to Coach Amodu but the role of the technical director should be in line of the team we want to build and the style we want to play.

What was the style of football of Coach Amodu? Any body? What was the philosophy of his game. So who is he going to employ that will fit his pattern?

We needed an identity for the national team. Every Argentine team from the time of Passarella in 1978 until today play the same way and their coaches coach the same way. Same thing with Brazil, Spain, Italy etc. 

Look at the Germans, there is a strong change in their game. They even got Guardiola to impact his philosophy on the team. 

Guidons a great opportunity the NFF wants to throwaway. Let me give a hint.

Of all the coaches that have Coached Nigeria after Coach Westerhof, only Coach Monday Sinclair played with a true philosophy and identity. He played the Tiki Taka way. Such a man should be given the technical director role. He has his philosophy the way the game should be played.

Among the new Coaches, Manu Garba, has his philosophy of playing with a team of creative players who know how to hold the ball and work hard together. These are the kind of men who have philosophy. 

I hope this chance is not wasted.

https://www.nairaland.com/2007560/what-nff-members-doing-up#28203491[/b]

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
onatisi:
Very good. This is better than employing a white man or foreigner as our technical director.
The role will even be more suited for a foreigner than these guys. Look at Man City. They are rebranding their team. They brought in Txiki Bergiristein, former Coach and Technical director of Barcelona. Laporta, former Barca president said his best decision was employing Txiki. Txiki has brought in Coach Pellegrini who is changing the playing style and identity of the club.

Patrick Vieira is coaching in a similar pattern to Coach Pellegrini which is a foreign system to Manchester.

When Spain needed to transform their game, a foreigner called Rinus Michels who coached Johan Cruyff changed the playing style which is still maintained at all level in Spain in the clubs and National team.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Horus(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfkgYGz0lo

[size=15pt]Nigeria Does Not Need A Foreign Coach – Kuku[/size]
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfkgYGz0lo

[size=15pt]Nigeria Does Not Need A Foreign Coach – Kuku[/size]
I agree with him with his points, only that, we can only reward those with excellence. So far, Coach Manu Garba has shown identity and philosophy.

Amunike, I have not watched him, however, it looks promising. To move forward, we need to support ours. I agree with that.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by goldfish80(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I agree with him with his points, only that, we can only reward those with excellence. So far, Coach Manu Garba has shown identity and philosophy.

Amunike, I have not watched him, however, it looks promising. To move forward, we need to support ours. I agree that.
I agree with most points uve stated but I think people are getting carried away too much by manu Garba's success. Let's not forget he coached an U17 side and was able to implement his tactics with young and coach-able players.
The senior national team is a different ball game entirely, the dynamics of managing a senior side is totally different from youth football. Ask siasia.
Am of the opinion though, that Manu should be part of the new backroom staff and one of the assistants to a foreign manager preffereably a South American or Dutch manager, where he can easily learn the ropes about senior national team football before he's thrown into the deep end.
Emmanuel amunike is another manager people should keep an eye on. He sat in the same Uefa coaching class with Pep Guadiola.
He was the brains behind the ticki taka football the U17 set of 2013 played. So I heard.

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
goldfish80:

I agree with most points uve stated but I think people are getting carried away too much by manu Garba's success. Let's not forget he coached an U17 side and was able to implement his tactics with young and coach-able players.
The senior national team is a different ball game entirely, the dynamics of managing a senior side is totally different from youth football. Ask siasia.
Am of the opinion though, that Manu should be part of the new backroom staff and one of the assistants to a foreign manager preffereably a South American or Dutch manager, where he can easily learn the ropes about senior national team football before he's thrown into the deep end.
Emmanuel amunike is another manager people should keep an eye on. He sat in the same Uefa coaching class with Pep Guadiola.
He was the brains behind the ticki taka football the U17 set of 2013 played. So I heard.
I know Manu Garba needs time to grow. I am talking about the aspect of coaching with a philosophy of the game. As I said, I have not watched Amunike Coach. However, I have big hopes for him.

Amodu Shauibu is not a coach I see with a philosophy. Why give him such a role?

I will take a coach with a philosophy of the game who coached an age grade team than a top coach with no philosophy. Look at what Marcelo Bielsa did for Chile. Even after he left the team, they still play his way. Look at Jose Perkerman, the coach the guy talked about in the video. He is doing the same work for Columbia.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by engrjacuzzi: 12:01am On Nov 21, 2014
the name shuaibu amodu is liken to failure. can't we have competent pple at the right place for once.

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 21, 2014
[i][/i] Is busy typing a message...
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by goldfish80(m): 12:17am On Nov 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I know Manu Garba needs time to grow. I am talking about the aspect of coaching with a philosophy of the game. As I said, I have not watched Amunike Coach. However, I have big hopes for him.

Amodu Shauibu is not a coach I see with a philosophy. Why give him such a role?

I will take a coach with a philosophy of the game who coached an age grade team than a top coach with no philosophy. Look at what Marcelo Bielsa did for Chile. Even after he left the team, they still play his way. Look at Jose Perkerman, the coach the guy talked about in the video. He is doing the same work for Columbia.
The office of the technical director of a country's football federation is more important than the national team manager in my opinion, because his job description means he is to supervise all levels of football in the country even upto the under13's both men and women.
I guess the nff choose Amodu due to his experience and don't forget, Amodu's name can never be washed away from Nigerian football no matter how much we hate him. The young man qualified us for 2 world cups, we've seen how difficult it is to qualify for ordinary nations cup(Eguavoen, siasia, keshi all failed to do this).
Am of the opinion Finidi and Amodu should head that department. I understand Finidi worked as technical director of Real Mallorca at some point. His brilliance, humility and Amodu's experience could be a fine blend.
Am a fan of marcelo Bielsa and Jose perkerman. The next best thing to them is Tata Martin, Sergio Batista.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by Edusouls(m): 12:37am On Nov 21, 2014
keshi is not the problem, the problem is nff cancerous effects, wich affects every other section of the body, including football. And our underperforming team players, that always shows lacklustre performance..if they like let them systematically sack keshi, the problem continues..

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

The office of the technical director of a country's football federation is more important than the national team manager in my opinion, because his job description means he is to supervise all levels of football in the country even upto the under13's both men and women.
I guess the nff choose Amodu due to his experience and don't forget, Amodu's name can never be washed away from Nigerian football no matter how much we hate him. The young man qualified us for 2 world cups, we've seen how difficult it is to qualify for ordinary nations cup(Eguavoen, siasia, keshi all failed to do this).
Am of the opinion Finidi and Amodu should head that department. I understand Finidi worked as technical director of Real Mallorca at some point. His brilliance, humility and Amodu's experience could be a fine blend.
Am a fan of marcelo Bielsa and Jose perkerman. The next best thing to them is Tata Martin, Sergio Batista.
The role is important. So what brand of football or philosophy are they promoting. What have these men achieved in promoting a brand of football in this country.

Amodu qualified us for the Nations Cup? So did every coach that has failed at the Nations Cup. That can not be an achievement.

When we talk of transforming our football, look at Arsenal and the work Arsene did there. Even when Arsene leaves, the coach they will higher will play the Arsenal way.

I have noting against these men. All I am saying is that what we need is to establish a Super Eagles way of playing. Can Amaju Pinnick explain why Amodu Shuaibu should be given such a role and what pattern and philosophy are they planning to achieve.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:48am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

Remember, Coach Monday Sinclair qualified us for the World Cup in France 1998. He played an amazing brand of football. He understands the game and has stayed in touch with it.

He is the perfect man for the job. I guess he does not know the politics.

He is credited to have discovered players like Richard Owubokiri, Benjy Nziakor, Peter Rufai, Finidi George, Taribo West, Emmanuel “waist-breaker” Ebiede (Inikior), Davidson Owumi, Idah Peterside, Binebi Numa, Imama Amapakabo and many others.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:53am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

[b]Sinclair questions NPFL coaching

by Sammy Wejinya 22 October 2013,

“I watched many games this season. I was shocked at poor standard of football displayed by Premier League clubs. You see a player with the ball and his teammates failing to spread out for a pass. They instead run towards the opponents. It’s shocking. Our players need education,” Sinclair told supersport.com.

The veteran trainer also discussed the issue of coaching insisting that the country’s new generation coaches must step up their game and “acquire keen observational skills, diagnostic abilities and judgmental capacities.”

“The coaches must acquire keen observational skills, diagnostic abilities and judgmental capacities.

“I have discussed with fellow veteran coaches and we are willing to assist the coaches in this regard.

“We are ready to tour the country, visit clubs and impart our ideas to them,” he said.
http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=2164704

This is the kind of person we need, someone who has an idea of how he wants Nigeria to play and can scrutinize the coach's style of play.
[/b]
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by omar22(m): 1:01am On Nov 21, 2014
Why do Nigeria always go back to someone who has failed 3 times with the national team....

Cant they go for someone with New ideas?

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:01am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

Sinclair's coaching philosophy especially at Sharks meant he was light years ahead of his time as Arsene Wenger and Pep Guardiola would have been pleased to watch his teams keep possession.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by goldfish80(m): 1:20am On Nov 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Sinclair's coaching philosophy especially at Sharks meant he was light years ahead of his time as Arsene Wenger and Pep Guardiola would have been pleased to watch his teams keep possession.
I know Monday Sinclair, I followed keenly his column on one of the sports weeklies years back. I kept in my archive a particular article where he talked about movement, ball control and coaching at grassroot level. He should be part of the new technical department setup. I did recommend finidi because of his pedigree as one of the finest Nigerian footballer of all time and his affiliation with Ajax and Spanish soccer doctrine. I think he has a uefa B license from Spanish soccer school. That guy is an asset.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:27am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

I know Monday Sinclair, I followed keenly his column on one of the sports weeklies years back. I kept in my archive a particular article where he talked about movement, ball control and coaching at grassroot level. He should be part of the new technical department setup. I did recommend finidi because of his pedigree as one of the finest Nigerian footballer of all time and his affiliation with Ajax and Spanish soccer doctrine. I think he has a uefa B license from Spanish soccer school. That guy is an asset.

I do not have a problem with Finidi working in the development of Nigerian football. However, he has not worked in building our local football. So, he is not the man that should be up there. He should be scouting and preparing to coach the next U17 team after Amunike.

The technical director should be a footballing genius who has contributed a lot to the development of the game in the local league and the country. A man with ideas and a footballing philosophy.

Amodu Shuaibu and Finidi do not qualify for it. That is why I am not in support of the decision.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by onatisi(m): 5:44am On Nov 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
The role will even be more suited for a foreigner than these guys. Look at Man City. They are rebranding their team. They brought in Txiki Bergiristein, former Coach and Technical director of Barcelona. Laporta, former Barca president said his best decision was employing Txiki. Txiki has brought in Coach Pellegrini who is changing the playing style and identity of the club.

Patrick Vieira is coaching in a similar pattern to Coach Pellegrini which is a foreign system to Manchester.

When Spain needed to transform their game, a foreigner called Rinus Michels who coached Johan Cruyff changed the playing style which is still maintained at all level in Spain in the clubs and National team.
we are talking about the technical director to a national football authorities of a country and not to a football club. A football club can employ anybody from anywhere to any post. But the national football governing body of any country can't just appooint anybody anyhow because it is a national body. Besides please kindly name serious footballing nation that has a foreigner as their national football director to their national football governing body. I just went through michel rinus history on wikipedia and he was never the national football director for royal spanish football federation which is the spanish football body just as we have the nff.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by onatisi(m): 5:56am On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:

thank you . Please kindly explain it more to them. Many people here are confusing national team technical adviser to football directoor. Amodu job will be to see the overall develoopment of football from the grassroot ,he will have to bring out programmes to develop the game at all levels begining from secondary schools and even primary, he will have too draw up programmes to see that the decline in the national league is halted and formulate ways to uplift nigeria league to international status. He will see that programmes are introduced to upgrade the knowledge of nigeria local coaches ,this is a job with a wide scope and yes amodu is the right man for the job,he has experience as a national team coach and he is a person that knows the inner dealings of nigeria football. He knows what is wrong ,the only problem is the nigeria factor and that is will he be allowed to do his job right. Because if any international body or organisation want to discuss with nigeria about any football development programmes the first person they will demand to see is the nations football technical director. his post is above that of a team manager. It is his duty to see that the game of football develops and attains an enviable height in nigeria .
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by burningspear(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2014
Abiolainfo:
Talk is cheap, we need a real re-structuring of the Coaching team and the modalities of picking players without sentiment. #Keshi decided not to call Sunday Mba again because Mba refused to share the dollars with him. All this issue need to be look into properly. Thanks

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2014
onatisi:
we are talking about the technical director to a national football authorities of a country and not to a football club. A football club can employ anybody from anywhere to any post. But the national football governing body of any country can't just appooint anybody anyhow because it is a national body. Besides please kindly name serious footballing nation that has a foreigner as their national football director to their national football governing body. I just went through michel rinus history on wikipedia and he was never the national football director for royal spanish football federation which is the spanish football body just as we have the nff.
We want a footballing idea to move the football of the country in a different direction. I am not saying we must use a foreigner. My prefered pick is Coach Sinclair.

What I was talking about Miichels is that a foreign idea can be brought in. It is not alawthat it must bea national. There is no Nigerian who has occupied such a role ina top club except Emenalo.
Re: Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2014
onatisi:
thank you . Please kindly explain it more to them. Many people here are confusing national team technical adviser to football directoor. Amodu job will be to see the overall develoopment of football from the grassroot ,he will have to bring out programmes to develop the game at all levels begining from secondary schools and even primary, he will have too draw up programmes to see that the decline in the national league is halted and formulate ways to uplift nigeria league to international status. He will see that programmes are introduced to upgrade the knowledge of nigeria local coaches ,this is a job with a wide scope and yes amodu is the right man for the job,he has experience as a national team coach and he is a person that knows the inner dealings of nigeria football. He knows what is wrong ,the only problem is the nigeria factor and that is will he be allowed to do his job right. Because if any international body or organisation want to discuss with nigeria about any football development programmes the first person they will demand to see is the nations football technical director. his post is above that of a team manager. It is his duty to see that the game of football develops and attains an enviable height in nigeria .
The role, is a role of someone who has a vision of how the game is to be played. I do not know the vision or philosphy of Coach Amodu. He might have qualified us but what direction of play. What brandof football did he play?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON2023: Iwobi Needs To Be Replaced For The Final - Sunday Wale Adeniran / Ronaldo Considering Messi Link Up At PSG If Man Utd Don't Qualify For The UCL / Kolo Toure Tricked Student Into Affair Lying He Was A Car Salesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.